PDA

View Full Version : Kiska area

Armistead
09-11-10, 09:40 PM
With RSRD, I think I've found every battle, invasion force, ect...I have never messed around Kiska. I do see the many flash messages, so seems Lurker did a good job. Anybody have any good experience up there, any good convoys?

Excluding the flash traffic about the invasion and TF's, what about traffic, anything?

Kind of wondering what's the closet anyone has ever sunk a ship to Alaska, any need looking east or north for ships.

Don't tell me to look in the editor...

Spike88
09-11-10, 10:05 PM
When I saw my first flash message for a Kiska fleet, I got excited that I there would be some awesome tonnage added to my patrol. Until I realized Kiska was by Alaska, and there was no way my S-18 would reach Alaska in time from the Philipines, or even reach Alaska at all.

WernherVonTrapp
09-11-10, 10:27 PM
I ran into some good hunting WNW of the Aleutians. Just NE of the North of Japan. I was given an assignment to patrol there and, for once, my patrol zone was ripe with targets. Seemed every time I turned around (literally) another merchant was heading my way. The closer I got to Kiska and Attu, the more sparse the targets. Running RFB/RSRDC, there are some air bases up there to be on the lookout for. I was lucky with the weather when I arrived at my patrol zone. Lots of clouds, rain and rough seas. On another occasion, I ran into one of the Kiska battle groups, sank a couple of carriers but, that was strictly by accident. I just happened to end up smack dab in the middle of a carrier group, in rough seas, just before sunset. DDs were spread pretty far apart which gave me plenty of time/distance to evade.