PDA

View Full Version : question about airplanes and their range

nappy
05-21-10, 07:32 AM
is it possible to somehow figure out where, if any, enemy planes can be found?
i.e id like to plot my course with the least amount of enemy planes roaming around.

Looking at the map i can see this houreglass icon over enemy held cities if i am close enough. does this denounce an airfield?

furthermore, does all enemy planes have the same range? or does a zero and betty have different ranges? i.e: can i draw a sircle around an enemy airfield and KNOW that all planes from this field will not be able to venture further out ?

nappy-curious

Fish40
05-21-10, 08:05 AM
First off, we need to know the basics. What version of the game do you have, 1.4 or 1.5? Next, are you useing any of the big mods like RFB, TMO, or FOTRS? The reason I ask is because mods like these tweak the airpower in their own way, to be either more realistic, challengeing, ect.

I purchased the game in DVD form, and recieved a game map with the disc. The map clearly shows the location of Japanese airbases and the extent of air coverage. It also shows shipping routes as well as American sub bases.

As for the ranges of different AC, I would expect the Betty would have a longer range than the Zero. I hope I've been of some assistance to you.

tomoose
05-21-10, 09:53 AM
I've posted this elsewhere but......

I use TMO 1.9 and get into the habit of drawing 500mile radius circles centered on Tokyo, Okinawa and Iwo Jima. It's not exactly a scientific method but provides a rough "trip wire" as to when I can expect air activity. So far it has proved pretty damn reliable.:up:

BillBam
05-21-10, 10:30 AM
TMO has a pull down convoy route map that also highlights the areas of likely airplane activity. What I did was screenshot it and printed it out.

nappy
05-21-10, 12:04 PM
ah, my bad.

i am currently using SH IV 1.5
with these mods:
RFB_2.0
RFB_2.0_Patch_23April2010
RSRDC_RFB_V575
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1

I just took a look at the map and it seems the range from airfields are about 300 miles, but that hourglass icon im talking about is seen on many more cities than the ones shown with an airfield on that map. I have no idea what it (the hourglass icon) means, if anything.

Nappy

Harmsway!
05-21-10, 02:30 PM
I think the icons you are talking about are the land guns. They protect the ports and cities and they will fire at you.