PDA

View Full Version : been away but back

Bubblehead1980
05-16-10, 07:34 PM
I have been away for a while, just been super busy at work and with life in general.Just wondering if anything big has happened in SH 4 world as far as mods such as TMO RFB etc , updates from fellow captains in lieu of having to scroll a months worth of postings is a better way to get updated.Thanks in advance.

magic452
05-16-10, 07:55 PM
Welcome back Bubble, I was wondering where you've been.
Good to have you back. :woot:

Nothing too exciting here lately but over in SH5 I guess the 1.20 patch has been less than what was hoped.

I guess Duci is still working on 2.0 but haven't heard of any date yet.

Magic

Rockin Robbins
05-16-10, 08:01 PM
Welcome back anyway! There seem to be a fair number of new players around here and it looks like SH4 is pretty healthy even though it was "replaced." SH4 Gold is still by far the best subsim in the world!:D

Sailor Steve
05-16-10, 08:11 PM
Welcome back Bubblehead!

SH4 Gold is still by far the best subsim in the world!:D
Less filling! Great taste! Less filling! Great taste!
:O:

I'm goin' down
05-16-10, 09:46 PM
I don't want to steal anyone's thunder, but when my son's custom made laptop that he was using at college arrives tomorrow (it has gaming cababilities as he convinced me that he needed a very good laptop since it had to last four years), its mine. I have been unable to play SH for about 6 months, because my hard drive failed on my desktop and the laptop I am typing this message on doesn't have the capability. I have already downloaded my mods to portable storage, and I will be on a mission as soon as UPS shows up with a package! (He'll never get it back!) I even downloaded my custom Gato tower from the Kill Flags mod. YEE HAW!:D

G2B
05-17-10, 01:32 AM
I will be on a mission as soon as UPS shows up with a package! (He'll never get it back!)

Not the dreaded UPS delivery :wah: That's like waiting for the cable guy, and every truck you hear coming down the street has you running outside to see if it's them.

:rock: on the never getting it back, just make sure you clean the HD real good, those left over trigonometry and spacial calculations can really bugger things up :03:

Great to see you getting back out on patrol, looking forward to your reports :salute:

I'm goin' down
05-17-10, 03:25 PM
Yea. I called UPS. They were here on Friday but the driver was run off by three toy poddles (17, 15 and 6 pounds, respectively) and he did not leave a message on my door. :damn: I cannot understand why a black dog with a spiked collar who answers to Spike could scare off anyone.:hmmm:

He will be here around 5 p.m. --3.5 hrs from now.:yawn:

G2B
05-17-10, 05:32 PM
:har:

Worse than waiting for Santa, just don't doze off while waiting.

Bubblehead1980
05-17-10, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the welcome backs.Have some free time so about to start up a patrol in a minute, looking forward to it.

G2B
05-17-10, 07:01 PM
@ Bubblehead

Let us know how it goes, like stated before looking forward to your reports :up:

I'm goin' down
05-17-10, 07:07 PM
Spike took a run at the UPS delivery man, who escaped through the gate. No wonder the pizza delievery guy stopped making deliveries over a year ago. I went out and signed for the package. I have about an hour to go before the computer completes the SH4 download. The UBoat missions successfully downloaded. Once I test the program, I will install the mods, and off goes the Barbarinna into the depths. The band is at dockside:woot:, and is getting antzy. A trombone player is shaking his leg and making faces because I think he needs a bathroom break.:haha: WE ARE READY!!!!

Here are my favorite Navy quotes:

"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way."
Captain John Paul Jones (http://www.history.navy.mil/bios/jones_jp.htm), 16 November 1778, in a letter to le Ray de Chaumont.
[Morison, Samuel Eliot. John Paul Jones: A Sailor's Biography. (Boston: Little, Brown and Company, 1959): 182.]

"You may fire when you are ready Gridley."
Commodore George Dewey, 1 May 1898, at the Battle of Manila Bay during the Spanish-American War. The American squadron entered Manila Bay and took fire from the Spanish fleet, anchored under the guns of Cavite, for half an hour until in the position Dewey wanted. Then Dewey addressed his order to Charles Gridley, captain of Dewey's flagship Olympia.
[Dewey, George. Autobiography of George Dewey, Admiral of the Navy. (New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1913) 214.]

les green01
05-17-10, 08:42 PM
wb bubble