PDA

View Full Version : Major mouse issue... please help

treblesum81
05-11-10, 04:53 PM
Ok, so when I place my windowed game on my #2 monitor, my mouse seems to go haywire... if I'm in normal point and click mode, everything is fine, but if I got into mouse look mode, it will only turn to the right and move up, it won't move left and it won't move down either. This only happens on the #2 monitor, not the #1, so I actually have to alt tab out of the game, move the window to the #1 monitor and re-enter, which would be fine, except that I always play every game I have on the #2 monitor since there is no task bar there to get in the way or get blocked.

Has anyone experienced this at all? If so, what is the cause of the problem so I can fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks

PS: if this is new and weird, please help me figure out what might be going wrong, since this is the only program this has ever happened on, and even the first time I've seen it happen with this one, as I used to play this game on #2 all the time...

tomoose
05-12-10, 09:44 AM
This probably has nothing to do with 2nd monitors I'm just tossing it out there to eliminate the weird stuff.
I had a similar problem in one of my Steam games in that my mouse was acting really wonky and kept heading in the same direction all the time no matter where I dragged it. By chance I discovered I had my joystick enabled and because the joystick was "leaning" slightly to one side it was causing the cursor to move that way all the time and my mouse was fighting it. I disabled the joystick in the game "options" and bingo, mouse problem solved.
Probably not what's causing your issue but doesn't hurt to check.
:up:

treblesum81
05-12-10, 11:07 AM
I tried disabling my joystick which also has a mouse stick on it, but with no change. When the game window is in monitor number one, everything functions normally, but when I put it in monitor number two and try to use mouselook, I can still only turn right and move up. I did notice that when this is happening, the mouse pointer is actually in the top left hand corner of monitor number one, if that makes any sense to anyone, please comment...

PS: Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm using Windows 7 x64.

treblesum81
05-15-10, 11:55 AM
Still looking to get some more input on this... I've been playing with SH4 on my #1 screen, but it is still an issue I want to resolve because every time something opens up, it automatically opens on the #1 screen, and since SH4 doesn't have a minimize feature, that means I have to alt-tab just to get to the new program.... nothing critical, but damned annoying when you already have a bunch of windows open...