PDA

View Full Version : Getting a new sub in SH4

Forensicman101
05-09-10, 03:04 PM
I'm fairly new to SH4 careers / campaigns, but how do I upgrade to a new type of sub? In SH3 it was all fairly clear; the Renown cost of different subs was there in the upgrade screen. How do things work with SH4? (Also when playing Germans with the OM mod).

Thanks,
Forensicman101

BillBam
05-09-10, 04:24 PM
SH4 will offer you a new sub once you get far enough along in the game, actual timing will depend on available boat date and your previous performance.

rein1705
05-09-10, 11:11 PM
Most times if you do well in 3 or so missions you will be offered a new command or receive a promotion.

Admiral8Q
05-10-10, 01:21 AM
Yes, I'm still stuck with the USS Perch, but I did a Google search on it and found that in real life it had a very honorable history.

Fate of the Crew:
The entire crew was captured by a Japanese destroyer. Of the fifty-four men and five officers, six died of malnutrition as POWs. The others survived the war. My hat's off! :salute:

A link to it http://www.pacificwrecks.com/ships/subs/SS-176.html

Amazigh1337
04-30-14, 02:57 AM
As Said in the Title, i just got promoted for a new sub thas been made availeble for me :rock:, i've promoted all my crew, trew some medals arround at them, i head over to my sub fitting screen... darn.. how do i change to my promoted new sub?:/\\!!

TG626
04-30-14, 03:34 AM
When you get the sub, you get the sub. You don't keep the old one, there's no switching involved. Just accept the new command when it's offered and that will be your boat from then on.

Aktungbby
04-30-14, 03:38 AM
Amazigh1337!:Kaleun_Salute:

Amazigh1337
04-30-14, 03:53 AM
Thank you both for the quick response, didn't think i would get one since last post was about 4 years ago :D

i loved SH3 so much that i only tried SH4 now.:Kaleun_Salute:

now lets hunt some more warschips and huge liners:Kaleun_Periskop:

Jimbuna
04-30-14, 06:00 AM
Welcome to SubSim Amazigh1337 :sunny:

Akotalaya
04-30-14, 06:04 AM
hey a new guy! welcome Amazigh1337!!! i hope you enjoy your stay and tell plenty of stories while your here at subsim!

Amazigh1337
04-30-14, 01:17 PM
not realy a new< guy, just couldn't find my old login which was just "Amazigh"

failerd to recover so made a new, i know the forum for like 1.5 years.

But... thanks anyway, i realy liked the community and the great threats on these forums :-)

but... (again a but) i have a serious question.... as i'm not english / american or anything simular in language.

Cars and bikes ride
humans and animals run
Airplane fly
what does a sub so? apart from "dive dive dive"

TorpX
04-30-14, 10:24 PM
but... (again a but) i have a serious question.... as i'm not english / american or anything simular in language.

Cars and bikes ride
humans and animals run
Airplane fly
what does a sub so? apart from "dive dive dive"

If you are on a sub, you could say:

We are sailing at 10 knots.

We are cruising at 10 knots.

We are running at 10 knots.

We are steaming at 10 knots.

Oh, and Welcome Aboard! *anyway*

:salute: