PDA

View Full Version : planes again

hcs53
05-09-10, 04:32 AM
I follow the instructions from Rockin Robbens but I go down again:damn:
I draw a circle from 9km and dive to 110,before the plane cosses the circle I am lower then per.depth but he see me again and it's over,(it's almost dark at that time:cry:
playing TMO,Honshu patrol

hcs53
05-09-10, 05:04 AM
Start all over again,plane on the map,crashdive long before he is in the circle,it's 20.35 almost dark and.....................down again.:damn::damn::damn::damn:

henny

Chubster
05-09-10, 05:35 AM
Planes are a pain in TMO. I hear people when they say "its realistic" and that may well be but this is a game and I have a couple of hours a night to play. I do not want to spend this time moving three squares on the map !

If you want less planes install this....http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=152885. (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=152885)

When you do see hem though they will be tougher.....and if that isnt enough let me know and we can turn them down all together.

(sits back and waits for the "planes are real and arent a problem) brigade :DL

hcs53
05-09-10, 01:50 PM
the plane appears 21'9 KM away from me on the map,I'm at radar depth,crash dive, and wath do you think?..........I'm down again.
No fun anymore:down::down::down:

henny

Chubster
05-09-10, 02:14 PM
Did you install the above mod ?

hcs53
05-09-10, 02:35 PM
I unpack and enable the mod in the jsgme.

Diopos
05-09-10, 02:38 PM
Depth under keel?
I don't want to be a wise-guy or sometning but just check if you're crash diving in shallows ...

hcs53
05-09-10, 03:12 PM
depth under keel are more than 1000:).
I am doing something else,I stayed on the surface,engines off and wait,..........the plane(12km away) goes the same direction as before and see nothing.:yeah:
Maybe it is the white foam behind the boat while traveling:hmmm:(realistic)

henny

Admiral8Q
05-09-10, 10:31 PM
depth under keel are more than 1000:).
I am doing something else,I stayed on the surface,engines off and wait,..........the plane(12km away) goes the same direction as before and see nothing.:yeah:
Maybe it is the white foam behind the boat while traveling:hmmm:(realistic)

henny

I was wondering that too. I was attacked by air from a plane that turned towards me at about 15nm away. I stayed under at 240' for a good 3 hours at ahead standard. When I came up to pd, raised the radar mast, sure enough a plane was heading directly towards at about 10 000 yards. So I dived to 160 feet, but heard bombs hit nearby. I dove then to 248' (Test depth is 250').

There must be some kind of bug unless the Japs had radar detection stations all along their shores in March 1942 and use triangulation to send nearby plane directly on top of me.:hmmm:

Playing TMO+patch

tomoose
05-10-10, 09:53 AM
I don't follow the same technique as RR regarding the map but I don't take any chances either.

After an initial radar contact I'll continue on course until I get a 'aircraft spotted' warning then, I'll visually verify and, regardless of aircraft direction, I'll crash dive and go to 150' or deeper.
I'll change course for a few minutes then return to course.
Occasionally the aircraft will have spotted me and does an attack run and I'll hear the bombs go off but they are never a problem other than noise.

After an hour or so I come to PD, do a sound and visual check and if all clear, surface and carry on.

The only time I've been damaged by aircraft is when I'm asleep at the switch and too slow to react to the aircraft spotted and don't get under quick enough.

Forensicman101
05-11-10, 02:31 AM
Hi.
I haven't noticed problems with stock SH4, but with the otherwise excellent Operation Monsun mod, I'm frequently attacked by British aircraft (in 1939) when below periscope depth. As an experiment, I stationed myself a few Km off the English coast & settled down to 25m depth (depth under keel 3m), switched engines off, & pretended to be a rock. During 24 hours I was attacked 17 times. Now that's not right.

Is there any way I can tweak AirStrike.cfg to stop this nonsense?

lurker_hlb3
05-11-10, 06:54 AM
Hi.
I haven't noticed problems with stock SH4, but with the otherwise excellent Operation Monsun mod, I'm frequently attacked by British aircraft (in 1939) when below periscope depth. As an experiment, I stationed myself a few Km off the English coast & settled down to 25m depth (depth under keel 3m), switched engines off, & pretended to be a rock. During 24 hours I was attacked 17 times. Now that's not right.

Is there any way I can tweak AirStrike.cfg to stop this nonsense?

I guess you don't have OMv720 Patch4 installed