PDA

View Full Version : a few quick questions before my first deployment

UdiHrant
05-03-10, 04:06 PM
I think I have the basics of full realism targeting and I'm ready to go to sea! But first...

1 - I can see a number that tells me hull damage but with my exec shouting 'we have flooding!' in my ear - is there any place I can look (besides around my knees!) to see how MUCH flooding we have?
2 - Is there any setting that will enable my crew to manage itse;f or do have to constantly check on their fatigue and positioning?
3 - I STILL can't get the deck gun to activate in the realy war S-boats. They are there, I can look through the scope, I can even elevate the gun, but they WILL not move from side to side either by mouse drage or d-keys. Is this a TMO feature? Is there a lanyard I need to untie before my gun will run free?

(I have Uboats and the latest TMO loaded..)

Thanks much!

CaptBackasswards
05-03-10, 04:44 PM
Hit the F7 key and it will take you to the sub management screen. There are tabs at the top. First is crew and third tab will take you to the subsystems screen and you can see all systems that are damaged. You will see the compartments turn blue as they flood. Third screen also list hull damage to the left under the pic and name of sub.

With TMO you don't have to do much with your crew unless you want to except move them from Hogan's Alley to Damage control whern you need them. I suppose you could micromanage them by studing their crew rating if you want.

Can't help you with the deck gun. If I have to surface, I man it myself. But I rearly use it unless I'm damaged so bad I have to surface and run for it. Remember to click on the HE shells to load them. There are no AP shells. Not sure what's up with that.

Hope this helps. Good Hunting.

Singed
05-03-10, 04:52 PM
1) The information is a little lacking but if you go to damage control, each of the compartment headers like Aft Torpedo Room or Control Room will begin to fill with blue as you flood those compartments. Holding the mouse over the same header will tell you time to flood and time to repair.

I know I'm not describing it well enough, but I cannot figure out any better way to put it.

2) Unless you are at battle stations, the crew should manage their watch rotation and rest periods just fine and fatigue will not really build, at least I've never had a problem. If the crew is at battle stations, no one is resting and fatigue will definitely build up. I use battle stations pretty sparingly, only in the final minutes leading up to an attack then through the "recovery" period (reloading torpedoes, repair of any major damage).

The exeption to this is: You have to shuffle crew around to things like deck guns or pull them off the bridge to hogans alley manually when such things need to be done.

3) I play RFB mostly and have never played an S boat in TMO, but maybe someone can answer this: Isn't there an S-boat deck gun bug with TMO where a patch needs to be loaded? I think I read something about it.

jerm138
05-03-10, 05:58 PM
Make sure you take lots of t-shirts, underwear and socks.

And baby-wipes for when the evaporator goes out.