PDA

View Full Version : Ma Momma Loves ME

orangehat44
04-23-10, 07:23 AM
Im living at home for 6 months while I work full time for an internship/coop. In August i go back to school. So:

I went to take the garbage out last night for my dad and when i opened the door a bunch of packages fell in, post man musta put them inside the screen door. Cause we never noticed them all day. I bring em in and my mom looks at em and says to one box that its for me, a late easter present or something. I open it and its an old (dont think its a first edition) hard cover copy of Dick O'kane's Clear the Bridge!!!

I cant wait to finish my current book so I can start reading it.

On a side note I am playing TMO with no other mods. I just finished my first patrol with my Porpise the USS Plunger in the asiatic fleet. I came across 2 or 3 lone jap merchants in the shallows near ports on the patrol, but sailing around the deeper areas I came across 2 jap submariens, and that was the name that showd up in tdc. "Jap Submarine" and nothing in the recognition manual. I sunk both of them with one torp to the gut (they were both cruising on the surface when i found them. but at the end of the patrol there tonnage was included in my tonage but it didnt count them as war ships or merchants. It said I sunk 2 merchants at 20 k tons, when the 2 merchants were around 8k and the subs were around 1900 ton.

magic452
04-23-10, 02:57 PM
Nice Easter present. :yeah:

In Two and a half years I've never seen a Jap sub. Good find.

Magic

orangehat44
04-23-10, 03:11 PM
2 of them in differnt places like a week apart. it was weird lol. only warships i saw that patrol

jerm138
04-24-10, 09:07 PM
I got one once. It was on the surface at night. I accidentally broke my own rule of not using external cam to identify a ship.

I could see the wake and hear it on sonar, but couldn't see it, so I thought it was a game bug, so I used the external cam to investigate.

I still sunk it. I didn't get any credit for it though.

Armistead
04-24-10, 10:39 PM
Strange, always get credit for ships I sink I never see, best way to sink them...

I think Duc added Jap Subs with 1.9 as I'd never seen them travel the surface, just in port. I finally did a batfish and got three in one night..all near Truk, one every 5 miles behind the other..

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu235/Armistead1424/SH4Img2010-04-10_000104_101.jpg