PDA

View Full Version : Possible Itineraries

August
03-21-10, 12:08 PM
I figure we should have a thread to work out possible itineraries.

This here is my idea:

Thursday
RON: Boston Hotel
Itinerary
Get everyone assembled:
See the sights and smells of downtown Boston.
Do lots of eating and drinking

Friday
RON: USS Massachusetts
Itinerary
Check out of hotel
Tour the USS Constitution and Cassin Young
Lunch
USS Salem
Arrive Battleship cove, get assigned berths (how cool it is to write that)
Tour ships (possible after hours private tour?)

Saturday/Sunday
RON: New London
Itinerary
Check in to Campground
See all the Connecticuit sights

Monday
RON: (if applicable) Boston Hotel
Itinerary
USS Albacore
See everyone off while...
...doing lots of eating and drinking

Chad
03-21-10, 12:29 PM
I like it! However I will be in school so I won't be able to hang around on Monday, but still sounds like a fantastic weekend.

nikimcbee
03-21-10, 12:55 PM
I figure we should have a thread to work out possible itineraries.

This here is my idea:

Thursday
RON: Boston Hotel
Itinerary
Get everyone assembled:
See the sights and smells of downtown Boston.

Friday
RON: USS Massachusetts
Itinerary
Check out of hotel
Tour the USS Constitution and Cassin Young
Lunch
USS Salem
Arrive Battleship cove, get assigned berths (how cool it is to write that)
Tour ships (possible after hours private tour?)

Saturday/Sunday
RON: New London
Itinerary
Check in to Campground
See all the Connecticuit sights

Monday
RON: (if applicable) Boston Hotel
Itinerary
USS Albacore
See everyone off while...
...doing lots of eating and drinking

Sounds good, SWA flies to Boston to.:yeah: Just need to iron out the date(s) so I can buy my ticket:woot:.

Sailor Steve
03-22-10, 12:24 PM
Sounds like you made yourself the official host this time around.:salute:

I'm in!:D

Torvald Von Mansee
03-22-10, 01:04 PM
Hmmm...if someone knew an O-8 who might come along, could they get the flag cabin on the Massachusettes?

August
03-22-10, 02:09 PM
Sounds like you made yourself the official host this time around.:salute:

I'm in!:D

I'm just an Indian in all this. You'd have to see the chiefs, Neal and Subnuts.

Subnuts
03-23-10, 08:35 PM
Neal PMed me a rough-draft itinerary a couple days back. It looks fine, although the Battleship Cove details need a little...polishing.

Watch this forum in the next couple weeks. :yeah:

August
03-23-10, 10:18 PM
...although the Battleship Cove details need a little...polishing.

I'm sure they do. Just not the eating and drinking part...

Jeffg
04-30-10, 10:53 PM
I just found a book today on the USS albacore which made money leave my pocket.I hope that we can work that into the schedule also.

JeffG

August
06-16-10, 08:23 PM
Below is Neals original tentative itinerary for comparison. It has some details that the other one doesn't and I need to jibe the two. Remember nothing besides the start end dates has been fixed yet so it's all still subject to change/debate/modification. Here's your chance to give input and i'd appreciate hearing your ideas/concerns/suggestions.

For one thing I think a Boston start/end would be a lot easier and cheaper for those who are flying in but if we're going to get a tour of Sonalysts and a Navy presentation!!!!!!!!one!!11!! that's probably going to have to happen on a weekday as opposed to the weekend day. On the other hand the Constitution and Battleship cove will be open every day of the meet (except monday for the Connie). There is a couple other things that would need to be adjusted too which i'll get into later if they still need to be.

Anyways here it is:

Thursday, September 23, 2010
0700 to 1800 Morning and afternoon: Attendees arrive in New London and are greeted by the hosts and transported from the airport to the hotel.
1800 to 2300 Opening Ceremonies
Keynote Addresses: Bill Nichols, local host
Meet and greet in the hotel banquet room.
Summary update of the meeting activities. Information disseminated and questions and concerns addressed.

Friday, September, 24, 2010
0630 to 0730 Continental Breakfast
0730 to 0800 Trip to Sonalysts Studios
0800 to 1000 Presentation: Advanced simulation modeling in Sub Command
1000 to 1300 Tour USS Nautilus submarine
1300 to 1400 Lunch (to be decided by members at that time)
1400 to 1500 Trip to Naval Submarine Base New London
1500 to 1600 Presentation: US NAVY and Middle Eastern Littoral Threats
1600 to 1800 Tour of Naval Base and Nuclear Submarine
1800 to 1830 Transport to Local restaurant
1830 to 2100 Dinner: Captain Scott's Lobster Dock
2100 to 2300 Dinner and Evening Reception at hotel

Saturday, September 25, 2010
0730 to 1030 Trip to Boston, MA
1030 to 1230 Tour Naval Exhibits - USS Constitution
1230 to 1330 Lunch: Elephant & Castle Restaurant & Pub
1330 to 1600 Sightseeing
1600 to 1700 Return trip to Fall River, MA
1700 to 2000 Tour Naval Exhibits, Battleship Cove, USS Lionfish, a Balao Class submarine
2000 to 2300 Evening Reception – games, Sleep aboard submarine

Sunday, September 26, 2010
0630 to 0730 Breakfast
0730 to 1130 Tour Naval Exhibits- USS Massachusetts, a South Dakota class Battleship, USS Joseph P. Kennedy, a Gearing class Destroyer
1130 to 1230 Return trip to New London, CT.
1230 to 1500 Closing Ceremonies
Lunch at August’s Clambake
Attendance contest and prizes
Meeting surveys
Closing remarks: Neal Stevens

nikimcbee
06-17-10, 12:44 PM
Banzai!!!http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_e4nqMlppvGM/SXwvP6fIwPI/AAAAAAAAAUE/t6qc9uqC90I/s400/250px-JapaneseTroopsBataan1942.jpg

Sounds great August, "you da man!":salute: Home base of Boston sounds fine. Are we going to have a single hotel to stay in the other nights, for ease of keeping people together?

I like the itinerary:woot: (except for the 630 am part):D

I'll post more stuff as I think about it.:salute::woot:

nikimcbee
06-17-10, 12:51 PM
How are we working transportation?
Van? rental cars? I'm willing to get a car if we go that route. Just an idea.:D

Subnuts
06-17-10, 01:37 PM
I like the itinerary posted above, but I'm still shaky about the whole Battleship Cove part. During the summertime, Battleship Cove is open from 9 to 5, but this itinerary has us arriving at closing time. I'm still not certain if we can get an overnight sleepover (although I know from past experience that Neal has "connections!"), but if we do, it'll be on either the Massachusetts or Joseph P Kennedy Jr. The officers quarters on the Lionfish have been closed off with Plexiglas, and the crew quarters have been replaced with a WWII submarine exhibit.

Last time I visited Battleship Cove, I arrived at noon, had lunch, checked out the PT boats, spent 3 1/2 hours exploring the Massachusetts (still didn't see the whole ship), and only had an hour to explore the other three vessels and check out the gift shop. I'd suggest making the Cove an entire-day event, just so there's no rushing around. The cafeteria on the Massachusetts isn't too bad, so don't worry about starving. Also, there's a maritime museum across the street which I still haven't gotten around to visiting.

I still wanna figure out how to cram in side-trips to the Salem and Albacore...:hmmm:

Chad
06-17-10, 02:47 PM
Well, now that we have some idea of what is going on, I'll order my dad and my plane tickets! Have we decided on an official hotel yet?

August
06-17-10, 03:57 PM
Ok well pending any unforeseen issues/objections let's figure on a Boston arrival on Thursday and a Boston departure on Monday.

That will simplify our transportation needs as we can either have one of the local members ferry folks to and from airport and our hotel (or they can take a relatively short and cheap taxi ride). I figure it will give everyone a chance to shed their jet lag and it should also give the early birds a chance to run over to see the USS Salem while we're in town as it will only be a few minutes away. The last thing I want is to spend more than the bare minimum time driving around.

Then tentatively i'm thinking we could head down to New London first thing Friday morning, spend the whole day there and RON at that campground Neal mentioned.

After that i'm thinking we go to Fall River on Saturday. RON on the Massachusetts and maybe make an evening side trip over to my house for a barbecue as I only live about 15-20 minutes away.

Then we head back to Boston to see the Connie on Sunday. A trip up to Portsmouth NH to see the Albacore could also be in the cards on that day as weekend traffic is a lot easier to deal with compared to week day traffic. RON overnight in Beantown. That also puts us in position to see off any early birds that have to leave Sunday.

Monday morning we check out of the hotel and see everyone else off to the airport etc. For those on later flights we might have time for more side trips to see the Boston sights.

Then i'll be heading home myself to collapse from complete exhaustion. :DL

Oh yeah Nicki if you or anyone else gets in a day early you can stay at my house as i'm only about 45 min from Boston.

Subnuts
06-18-10, 04:27 PM
I've worked up a four day plan and a five day plan for everyone's consideration. I sorta had to weasel in a side-trip to the Albacore in the second itinerary - it's a pretty esoteric subject, and will probably only appeal to people showing up early anyway. Besides, it's not going to be moving anywhere anytime soon!

Okay, gotta admit: I put an awful lot of importance to food - not that crappy McDonalds stuff, but food that's actually prepared by a human being and takes more than two minutes to prepare. I don't wanna see people flying in from the Netherlands just to eat mass produced deep-fried garbage from the dollar menu - got that?

MY FOUR DAY PLAN
Thursday
Same as Neal's proposal

Friday
Same as Neal's proposal, although Captain Scott's Lobster Dock might be a little too small for our requirements. My uncle spent a lot of time in New London back when he was in naval medicine, and knows many of the restaurants in town, so I should get on the horn with him and ask him for suggestions.

Saturday
0730 to 0900 Trip to Fall River, MA
0900 to 1700 Tour naval exhibits at Battleship Cove, have lunch on battleship, get overnight arrangements settled, etc.
1700 to 2200 Free Time
2200 to 2400 Sleep aboard Massachusetts and JPK Jr.

Sunday
2400 to 0630 More sleep
0630 to 0730 Breakfast
0730 to 0930 Get everything squared away and check out any exhibits we may have missed
0930 to 1100 Trip to Boston, MA
1100 to 1400 Tour USS Constitution and USS Cassin Young, a Fletcher-class destroyer
1400 to 1630 Sightseeing, Freedom Trail, Lupper, etc.
1630 to 1830 Return to New London
1830 to 2130 Closing ceremonies, clambake, etc.

MY FIVE DAY PLAN (BRING COFFEE!)

THURSDAY
0700 to 1500 : Attendees arrive in Boston and are greeted by the hosts and transportation needs are attended to. Meet & greet, etc.
1030 to 1500 Side trip to USS Albacore in Portsmouth, NH for anyone off to an early start.
1500 to 1730: Trip to Vernon, CT
1730 to 1900: Dinner at Angelino's Restaurant
1900 to 2100: Trip to New London, CT
2100 to 2200: Get everything squared away at the hotel/cottage.
2200 to 2400: Free time/gaming, get some sleep, etc.

Friday
0000 to 0630 Sleep
0630 to 0730 Breakfast
1000 to 1130 Explore Submarine Force Museum
1130 to 1300 Tour USS Nautilus submarine (I'm hoping that Bill Nichols could give a guided tour of the boat in two separate groups - provided he wants to!)
1300 to 1400 Lunch
1400 to 1500 Trip to Naval Submarine Base New London, visit United States World War II Submarine Veteran Memorial on Bridge St.
1830 to 2100 Dinner (still not certain about Captain Scott's...)
2100 to 2330 Nighttime snack, reception, Mystery Subsim Theater U-571 (this is important!)
2330 to 0700 Sleep

Saturday
0700 to 0800 Breakfast
0800 to 0930 Trip to Fall River, MA
0930 to 1700 Tour Battleship Cove exhibits, have lunch on battleship, get overnight arrangements settled
1700 to 2200 Free Time

Sunday
2400 to 0630 More Sleep
0630 to 0730 Breakfast
0730 to 0930 Get everything squared away and ready for the road, check out some exhibits we may have missed, etc.
0930 to 1100 Trip to Quincy, MA
1100 to 1330 Tour the USS Salem, a Des Moines-class heavy cruiser. Have lunch.
1330 to 1400 Trip to Boston, MA
1400 to 1630 Tour the USS Constitution and USS Cassin Young, a Fletcher-class destroyer
1630 to 1900 Sightseeing, Freedom Trail, etc.
1900 to 2030 Dinner
2100 to 2200 Check into hotel
2200 to 2400 Free time, gaming, sleep, etc.

Monday
0000 to 0700 Actual sleep
0700 to 1000 Breakfast, free time, recuperation
1000 to 1200 Return to airport, board planes, remind our families that we're still alive.
1200 to 1400 Figure out method of returning Subnuts back home. Take up his offer of a guided tour of the New England Air Museum - you won't regret it.
1700 Get drunk and collapse. Don't worry, my aunt will drive me home. Too bad you missed the plane.

August
06-18-10, 07:36 PM
I dunno Sub it looks pretty grueling. This is supposed to be fun.

Subnuts
06-18-10, 09:29 PM
I dunno Sub it looks pretty grueling. This is supposed to be fun.

Well, I'm not saying we'd need to follow the timetable to the minute. It's really just an idea of what we could do in a four or five day period. I figured I'd inserted enough "free time" and "etc" so we wouldn't be just running from one site to another.

When I heard that this meet would be in New England, I was perfectly happy to keep it to New London, Fall River, and Boston. Maybe I should stop trying to bite off more than I can chew.

August
06-18-10, 09:57 PM
Well, I'm not saying we'd need to follow the timetable to the minute. It's really just an idea of what we could do in a four or five day period. I figured I'd inserted enough "free time" and "etc" so we wouldn't be just running from one site to another.

When I heard that this meet would be in New England, I was perfectly happy to keep it to New London, Fall River, and Boston. Maybe I should stop trying to bite off more than I can chew.

Hey I hear ya Sub. One of my primary objectives will be to keep all the driving around to a bare minimum.

nikimcbee
06-18-10, 11:28 PM
How do you want to work out where we're staying?

August
06-18-10, 11:49 PM
How do you want to work out where we're staying?

Well it mainly depends on the numbers of attendees and what everyone can afford to pay.

First I figure that if anyone comes in before Thursday they can probably just stay at my place.

Boston is a big town so finding something there should be pretty easy.

I figure staying on the USS Massachusetts is pretty much decided.

The only part i'm not sure of is where to stay in New London. Hopefully Sub would be willing to investigate that for us. I liked Neals camp ground idea.

nikimcbee
06-18-10, 11:59 PM
maybe when we get a solid number, we could do a bulk reservation on priceline or something like that?

nikimcbee
06-19-10, 12:02 AM
@ August, What is there to se at the Bunker Hill Battlefield? Is it big? I might to that on an extra day(?) How easy is it to get around between New Haven and Boston? Meaning, what's the traffic like, travel times?

August
06-19-10, 10:02 AM
@ August, What is there to se at the Bunker Hill Battlefield?

The monument is pretty much all there is to see there. Sadly the battlefield itself has been long since turned into neighborhoods.

Is it big?

The Bunker Hill Monument, made entirely of granite taken from a quarry in Quincy, MA, stands 221 feet tall and has 294 steps.

I might to that on an extra day(?) How easy is it to get around between New Haven and Boston? Meaning, what's the traffic like, travel times?

I'd say that you could see all there is to see at the site in an hour or so. Getting from New Haven to Boston though is at least a 2+ hour trip and that's on the weekend. Add weekday traffic into the mix and you'll be spending your whole day in the car.

But if we're staying in Boston Thursday night like I expect we will, it'll be a very quick and easy side trip.

August
06-19-10, 10:03 AM
maybe when we get a solid number, we could do a bulk reservation on priceline or something like that?

That's what I was thinking too.

Subnuts
06-19-10, 10:54 AM
I've thought about the Albacore a little bit, and I'm thinking that it should probably be dropped from the itinerary altogether. I can see getting excited about touring the Nautilus, Constitution, Massachusetts, Hiddensee or doing that nuke boat tour that Neal has on his "want list." But creating a great big transportation problem, and cramming a four or five hour side-trip to New Hampshire to see the world's first entirely round submarine, seems like an unnecessary hassle to an itinerary that's already overjammed. I wouldn't hesitate to visit the Albacore if I was in the neighborhood, but I can see why most of the Subsim crowd would be perfectly happy with the "big three" stops.

Perhaps this whole thing wouldn't feel like a giant military operation if I'd stop using the 24-hour clock if my ideas. :rotfl2:

nikimcbee
06-20-10, 12:28 PM
I've thought about the Albacore a little bit, and I'm thinking that it should probably be dropped from the itinerary altogether. I can see getting excited about touring the Nautilus, Constitution, Massachusetts, Hiddensee or doing that nuke boat tour that Neal has on his "want list." But creating a great big transportation problem, and cramming a four or five hour side-trip to New Hampshire to see the world's first entirely round submarine, seems like an unnecessary hassle to an itinerary that's already overjammed. I wouldn't hesitate to visit the Albacore if I was in the neighborhood, but I can see why most of the Subsim crowd would be perfectly happy with the "big three" stops.

Perhaps this whole thing wouldn't feel like a giant military operation if I'd stop using the 24-hour clock if my ideas. :rotfl2:

roger that! I forget how much time we spent at the Texas. I think we should keep the list simple, for the sanity of the hosts:D. Plus, you'd be surprised how much time we spend just "socializing".

August
06-20-10, 03:20 PM
The Albacore is doable depending on when you make the run up there. On the weekend it is only about an hour away from Boston, on a weekday however you're talking 2+ hours each way.

Subnuts
06-20-10, 05:49 PM
The Albacore is doable depending on when you make the run up there. On the weekend it is only about an hour away from Boston, on a weekday however you're talking 2+ hours each way.

The way I'm thinking, there are still a few ways the Albacore might be doable as a side trip, like U-995 was in 2009:
1. Anyone not interested in sightseeing in Boston on Sunday could take a side-trip to Portsmouth. This isn't a problem if we do a five-day meet, but there's still a three hour trip back to New London if it's four days.
2. If we do a 5-day meet, which begins and ends in Boston, we could take a trip to Portsmouth early on Monday morning. Big problem here might be the how much energy and enthusiasm we have left (I'm probably underestimating everyone here, though!), and the amount of traffic.
3. Anyone who arrives a day early could take a trip to Portsmouth if they want.
4. We could skip the Salem altogether, and free up a few hours, seeing as every proposed itinerary already includes two destroyers, two submarines, two PT boats, a battleship, an 18th century frigate, and three museums already. We're all serious naval buffs here, but I seriously wonder how many old warships we can ogle in four or five days!

My internet access will be a little limited these next few days, but I'll try to keep up to date with the latest developments.

August
06-20-10, 11:04 PM
2. If we do a 5-day meet, which begins and ends in Boston, we could take a trip to Portsmouth early on Monday morning. Big problem here might be the how much energy and enthusiasm we have left (I'm probably underestimating everyone here, though!), and the amount of traffic.

Week day Boston area traffic is infamous, especially around commute times (07:30-09:30 / 15:00-19:00). The best time to go up there would be on a weekend day.

nikimcbee
06-21-10, 08:33 AM
I like the idea of doing the Boston stuff on a weekend, traffic sounds like a circus:shifty:.

Subnuts
06-21-10, 04:52 PM
Okay, here's a modified version of my Sunday and Monday itineraries, removing the Salem stop for redundancy, and factoring in weekday traffic.

THURSDAY
0700 to 1400 : Attendees arrive in Boston and are greeted by the hosts and transportation needs are attended to. Meet & greet, opening ceremonies, etc.
1500 to ~1900: Trip to New London, CT, with a stop somewhere along the way for dinner.
1900 to 2100: Get everything squared away at the hotel/cottage.
2100 to 2400: Free time/gaming, get some sleep, etc.

FRIDAY
0000 to 0630 Sleep
0630 to 0730 Breakfast
1000 to 1130 Explore Submarine Force Museum
1130 to 1300 Tour USS Nautilus submarine (I'm hoping that Bill Nichols could give a guided tour of the boat in two separate groups - provided he wants to!)
1300 to 1400 Lunch
1400 to 1500 Trip to Naval Submarine Base New London, visit United States World War II Submarine Veteran Memorial on Bridge St. (optional)
1830 to 2100 Dinner (still not certain about Captain Scott's...)
2100 to 2330 Nighttime snack, reception, Mystery Subsim Theater U-571 (this is important!)
2330 to 0700 Sleep

SATURDAY
0700 to 0830 Breakfast
0830 to 1000 Trip to Fall River, MA
1000 to 1700 Tour Battleship Cove exhibits, have lunch on battleship, get overnight arrangements settled
1700 to 2200 Free Time

SUNDAY
2400 to 0630 More Sleep
0630 to 0730 Breakfast
0730 to 0930 Get everything squared away and ready for the road, check out some exhibits we may have missed, socialize, etc.
0930 to 1030 Trip to Boston, MA
1100 to 1400 Tour the USS Constitution and USS Cassin Young, a Fletcher-class destroyer. Grab a bite to eat.
1430 to 1800 Sightseeing, Freedom Trail, etc.
(Alternately, a van trip for interested participants to the Albacore in Portsmouth:
1430 to 1530 Trip to Portsmouth
1530 to 1700 Explore the Albacore, the world's first body-of-revolution hull submarine
1700 to 1800 Return to Boston and rendezvous for dinner)
1800 to 2000 Dinner
2030 to 2130 Check into hotel
2130 to 2330 Free time, gaming, sleep, etc.

Monday
0000 to 0700 Actual sleep
0700 to 1000 Breakfast, free time, gaming
1000 to 1330
Attendance contest and prizes
Meeting surveys
Closing remarks: Neal Stevens
1330 to 1530 Return to airport, turn over rented vehicles, remind our families we're still alive.
I'm still not sure what to do with this day. Any meet veterans want to advise?

Maybe a four day meet with a New London opening and closing might work out better. Aaaaggghhhh!!!:damn:

I just hope we can get this sorted out soon. I have a feeling transportation might a thorny issue. If we begin and end in Boston, the vehicle rental issue would be simplified, but the traffic would be greater. If we start and end in New London, there might be problems getting back to the airport - unless everyone flying in actually arrives at Groton-New London International.

Y'know, I've never actually driven a car. I need some help here folks. :haha:

August
06-21-10, 09:52 PM
I’ve given this a lot of thought, considered everyones suggestions and comments and unless there are some serious objections to this I think we will adopt the itinerary listed below.

Note that wherever possible I’m going to deliberately avoid listing specific times as I don’t think anyone really wants to do this by stopwatch nor should we need to except for a few instances.

---------------------

WED/THURSDAY
The attendees who are arriving via commercial airline should fly into Boston’s Logan International Airport. Those coming by other means should drive, hitchhike, sail, snorkel or parachute over to my place in Rehoboth Mass.

It’s really the most convenient gathering point since I figure there might be a fairly wide range of arrival times and rather than sit for 8 hours in some smelly airport bar waiting for everyone to get in I think people will feel a lot more comfortable relaxing in my back yard eating mass quantities of barbecue. I can’t stress enough how much driving sucks around here on the weekday and the less we can do of it the better.

Early arrivals can stay Wednesday night for free at my place, though you might be pressed into service as an escort or cook. (see next paragraph)

Those that are flying in on Thursday should upon arrival make their way to the Attleboro MBTA stop where I’ll pick them up and take them to my house. It’s really easy and way cheaper than taking a commuter flight to New London. You just have to take the Massport Silver Line Rapid Transit bus from the airport to the MBTA’s South Station. They leave from in front of the airport terminals every 5-10 mins or so and drop you off right in front of the train station in downtown Boston. Then it’s just a short train ride to Attleboro (they also leave like every 10 mins or so). If there are those who feel this could be a challenge, one of us locals can meet them at the airport itself and escort them in person to down to Attleboro.

Once everyone has arrived we board our ground transportation (TBD) and head down to the New London lodge cabins that Neal mentioned (about an hour away) and get settled in.

FRIDAY

Breakfast at local diner (TBD)

Sonalysts Studios
0800 to 1000 Presentation: Advanced simulation modeling in Sub Command (not sure if this has been scheduled yet. If not I’d suggest making it a couple hours later in the morning.)

Tour USS Nautilus submarine and Sub Force Museum

Lunch somewhere local

Finish touring Nautilus and Museum

Supper at a restaurant (TBD)

Back to the Lodge (or not depending on what people want to do at the time).

SATURDAY

Check out of lodge

Breakfast

Head to Fall River, MA

Tour Battleship Cove exhibits

Lunch

Continue to tour exhibits

Dinner either at a restaurant or at Che August (clambake)

Stay over night on the Massachusetts and JPK Jr.

SUNDAY

Check out and head to breakfast

Depending on everyone's flight schedules we can either head directly to the Constitution or stop off on the way up to see the Salem too.

Lunch in Boston

Finish seeing Boston sights.

See everyone off to the airport

Those that are leaving the next day return to my house in Rehoboth and stay there over night and I’ll see you off the next day.

Sailor Steve
06-21-10, 11:42 PM
Sounds like a plan to me. :sunny:

Subnuts
06-22-10, 08:15 AM
I think August's plan would probably work better than either of mine. The Albacore can wait until the 2018 meet, I suppose. Still...which one of us poor bastards ends up driving me home at the end of the meet? With any luck, I can get someone in my family to bail me outta Boston, Rehoboth, Fall River, New London, or wherever we end up! :rotfl2:

August
06-22-10, 09:03 AM
Still...which one of us poor bastards ends up driving me home at the end of the meet? With any luck, I can get someone in my family to bail me outta Boston, Rehoboth, Fall River, New London, or wherever we end up! :rotfl2:

There might be someone travelling that way but how about taking the Amtrak from Providence to Mystic or NL? You might even be able to catch a bus from either of those right to your hometown.

Subnuts
06-22-10, 12:14 PM
There might be someone travelling that way but how about taking the Amtrak from Providence to Mystic or NL? You might even be able to catch a bus from either of those right to your hometown.

It's two hours or less to Manchester wherever we end up. I just fret too damned much.

August
06-22-10, 02:08 PM
It's two hours or less to Manchester wherever we end up. I just fret too damned much.

Yes you do. On the bright side though bet you've never taken a train before right?

nikimcbee
06-22-10, 03:04 PM
SWA has tickets from pdx to logan....$182:yeah:.

Kicking around the trip dates sept 22- sept 27:hmmm:

August
06-22-10, 05:13 PM
SWA has tickets from pdx to logan....$182:yeah:.

Kicking around the trip dates sept 22- sept 27:hmmm:

Pretty good deal. First to arrive gets dibs on the spare bedroom...

Chad
06-22-10, 06:54 PM
That sounds like the best possible thing August as far as your itinerary goes. My dad has decided to back out of the meet, and so it will just be me. I'll begin looking for best airline tickets to BLIA and will inform you when I plan to arrive for transportation back to your HQ.

-Chad

Onkel Neal
06-23-10, 05:06 PM
I’ve given this a lot of thought, considered everyones suggestions and comments and unless there are some serious objections to this I think we will adopt the itinerary listed below.

Sounds good to me. Thanks :salute:

nikimcbee
06-28-10, 09:42 AM
I'm requesting the time off work now.:rock:

August
06-28-10, 11:05 AM
I'm requesting the time off work now.:rock:

Yeah I've got to get my vacation request in soon as well. I think i'll take the 22nd to the 27th so i can be around if anyone shows up early or stays late.