PDA

View Full Version : [Tec] Unused(?) animations

Therion_Prime
03-06-10, 08:41 PM
I just played around with the goblin editor and found many animations which I haven't seen in the game so far.

These include animations for:

panic
taking cover
crawling
running
walking throung a hatch
and even several "animations" for dead people

I'm pretty sure they can be used to improve certain situations like being damaged or in danger or when ordering a crash dive.

*pokes around in the "Crew_Idle_Actions" aix files* :hmmm:

Heretic
03-06-10, 08:52 PM
Yeap. That's how I got started. Did you see the one's for the CT periscope? They have one for getting in the seat, one for getting out, and one for spinning around.

Therion_Prime
03-06-10, 09:02 PM
Yup, there's useful stuff there.
I just don't get the connection of the crew_commands.txt with the *.aix files.

For example there's the line
Crash_dive 1 1 1 ( CR_CHIEF = crashd_test_script )
in the cre_commands.txt
The strategy crashd_test_script is in the crash_dive.aix file.
But when I add an animation to that strategy then nothing happens.
I miss something here obviously.

Did you already figure it out Heretic?

Therion_Prime
03-06-10, 09:08 PM
Heh, suddenly it works.

Now when ordering a crash dive, the chief ducks on the floor three times in a row :D (I put 3 "Secondary_TakeCover01" animations to that strategy for testing).

Heretic
03-06-10, 09:11 PM
I'm putting together a post explaining what I know so far

I've only messed with the idles, so you're ahead of me on the commands.

urfisch
03-08-10, 08:14 AM
now this one is nice!!! dugged out due to interest!

capthelm
03-08-10, 09:31 AM
wonder if its possible to animate one or 2 crew members walking through the uboat and looping back would be cool. give the boat more life.

..:yeah:

Elphaba
03-08-10, 09:35 AM
I want to see the running and stumbling (osscasionally) of the crew on battle stations, and moving to the fore / aft when diving / climbing. And actually have them move. So that when they are all at the bow for diving and I walk the length of the boat, they are not in multiple places at the same time.

I'd also love them to twist out of your way as you move around.

Finally - have you (the OP) found any animstions for them climbing / descending to/from the bridge?

It's really annoying that they are there before you on surface even though you're on the ladder with the hatch closed waiting to break surface.

Thanks so much for your effort on this.

Turbografx
03-08-10, 09:44 AM
Neat, nice to see this getting more investigation. Could be some nice finds.

AVGWarhawk
03-08-10, 09:46 AM
SH4 gave the ability to add crew and animate them. Noted as adding men to the deck gun and men to the con. These men were animated as well.

Since you are dinkering look at the crawl and other animations were the crew would be under heavy flooding or DC attack. From the looks of it they just sit around like nothing is happening.

Heretic
03-08-10, 09:54 AM
wonder if its possible to animate one or 2 crew members walking through the uboat and looping back would be cool. give the boat more life.

..:yeah:

Definitely doable. That's one of the things on my list for the crew mod. I have a few ideas to make it look less repetitive.

Heretic
03-08-10, 09:57 AM
SH4 gave the ability to add crew and animate them. Noted as adding men to the deck gun and men to the con. These men were animated as well.

Since you are dinkering look at the crawl and other animations were the crew would be under heavy flooding or DC attack. From the looks of it they just sit around like nothing is happening.

There are crew strategies defined for nearby explosions and damage events. There's stagger animations for most stations. I haven't looked closely to see how they're implemented in the scripts. Definitely going to be able to do some cool stuff with these.

urfisch
03-08-10, 10:01 AM
There are crew strategies defined for nearby explosions and damage events. There's stagger animations for most stations. I haven't looked closely to see how they're implemented in the scripts. Definitely going to be able to do some cool stuff with these.

this is great! share your investigations with us! maybe one can help you...if you show, how to do stuff like that...

;)

Dowly
03-08-10, 10:59 AM
Heretic, test if you can add the captain's beard to the other crew members. It's listed as bodypart (IIRC) object1_Beard_cap04. :hmmm:

capthelm
03-08-10, 11:09 AM
yea adding some of the crew with beards would be cool.

Heretic
03-08-10, 11:17 AM
Heretic, test if you can add the captain's beard to the other crew members. It's listed as bodypart (IIRC) object1_Beard_cap04. :hmmm:
Already done it. There are many beards defined. They look to be designed for a particular head, but are usable with any of them. I think they were setting it up to have beards 'grow' over time. I have hardly played the game, so I don't know if it's currently implemented. I suspect not. The only thing I don't know how to do is have a trigger based on time at sea.

Wp:SetBodyPartVisibility("object1_Barba_CAP13", 1); 1 turns is on. 0 turns it off. Works for everthing - heads, torsos, binocs, tools.

piri_reis
03-08-10, 11:18 AM
Heretic, where is the waypoints.txt all the docs talk about? I don't have that file in the Submarine\NSS_Uboat7c.

Is it the waypoint_edges and waypoint_info.txt ?

A small explanation thread will be most appreciated, kind of hard to picture the whole interaction between all these files :up:

Tomi_099
03-08-10, 11:21 AM

--------------------------
Question ??

I would like to do it right Big winter jackets and gloves on their hands on Coning Tower ..!! or same
sailors working in the engine room with Kali / Box in the diesel Smoke.
So I have to build jackets and body and import these into the directories.
To move it to the script or i build a animation, the Key-Frame animation Is this a better solution ?

Heretic
03-08-10, 12:50 PM
--------------------------
Question ??

I would like to do it right Big winter jackets and gloves on their hands on Coning Tower ..!! or same
sailors working in the engine room with Kali / Box in the diesel Smoke.
So I have to build jackets and body and import these into the directories.
To move it to the script or i build a animation, the Key-Frame animation Is this a better solution ?

All of the body parts are in the GR2 file in the character folder. They can be added to a crewman either in the editor or in a script using the Wp:SetBodyPartVisibility() function. I noticed using the Granny Viewer there is a torso mesh with a coat with gloves. I haven't looked at it in game so I don't know if it's rain gear or something used by a workman in the bunker - a welder maybe.

I assume any new models need to be added to that GR2 file and then they're accessable in the normal way.

Kretschmer the IV
03-08-10, 01:00 PM
Yeap. That's how I got started. Did you see the one's for the CT periscope? They have one for getting in the seat, one for getting out, and one for spinning around.

would be great to send the 1 WO up and take sight before surfacing ;)
I remember a screenshot were you see the 1.WO on the observation periscope. Would be cool to let the crew do the sight before surfacing.

Ahh.. im starting to love this game :up:

GermanGS
03-08-10, 02:54 PM
Heretic

Is there a library someware were all the commands all the parts etc.. are listed??

Heretic
03-08-10, 03:00 PM
Heretic

Is there a library someware were all the commands all the parts etc.. are listed??

I've been trying to document the scripting stuff here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163616

I've just got a notepad with the various body parts identified. I use the Granny Viewer to view the parts and animations.

GDFTigerTank
03-09-10, 12:33 PM
One of the devs had mentioned in a forum post that they wanted to add beards that grew as the patrol continued.

So maybe if you can get that beard to work, it's possible to set in some sort of a script that as patrol time increases, it's more likely that the beards start appearing randomly on the crew!

oscar19681
03-09-10, 02:12 PM
I have a feeling that some awsome mods unthinkable in sh3/4 will emerge from this.

MikiBzh
03-09-10, 02:41 PM
Sure it will !
After my sad spirit with SH5, modder are making me more happy ! :yeah: