PDA

View Full Version : Is there a totorial on how to mod for non programmer???

GermanGS
03-04-10, 08:32 PM
Is there a totorial on how to mod for non programmer???

R-T-B
03-04-10, 09:01 PM
You don't really need to know how to program to mod. The easiest thing to do is to start looking at all the small files in your SIlent Hunter 5 data directory. They are most likely text files, and can be edited to do all sorts of things. Also, see the sticky about the built in tools, and just start messing around.

Just be sure and make a backup! ;)

Vikinger
03-04-10, 09:37 PM
Just ask waht u need to learn and iam sure there is plenty of WO here that can help you.

I started out to look at thos cfg files. Thos are easiest to mod.

Just use notepad but when you change numbers, you sure want to know what the numbers represent.

SH3 editor let you change many variables, and best of all you can add new ones, but its a bit difficult.

example. for sh4 i did a longer wake mode, and as i digged depper into it i figured out how to add more wakes from a ship hull. it was darn time consuming to add them and to get them right and so they lined up whit the others.

But it looked more realistic if i could have 4 wakes to play around whit than just 2 that was normal for most ships/subs. I could make them go into each other. Alter thier angle etc.

As soon u get into the modding thing its not that complicated even if it sounds so.

Darm iam just a lazy swed and even i can do it :D

Seeadler
03-04-10, 09:41 PM
there are short tutorials within the folder structure

AI Scripting:
..\Silent Hunter 5\data\Scripts\AI\Crew\Crew Strategies Help.docx
..\Silent Hunter 5\data\Scripts\AI\Crew\Quick Start - CrewAI.docx

THE_MASK
03-04-10, 09:51 PM
I noticed that the large waves in sh5 suck so i would open the environment files with silent editor and reduce the wave height , adjust the wave peak , slow the waves down slightly . I always make a shortcut of the silent hunter folder and add it to the desktop and documents folder . Makes going to the files easier . Before i adjust files i just copy the unmodded folder to my documents so i can go back to unmodded if i stuff something up . You will get the hang of it . Testing is a PITA though .

GermanGS
03-04-10, 10:49 PM
Thanks alot guys for your advice, ill tweak some Cgf files for now and then get into more, harder stuff later i guess.

What i am trying to do is to remove everything from the obseration perescope and make it one big screen, but remove the availability of fiaring torpedos from it and stradometer also. and only let use of torps in the attack perescope. and add buttins for atacking vertically. with tdc

I know it Look ugly but its just a rough scetch

OB, PS
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/germangs/untitled.jpg

ATT, PS
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac56/germangs/untitled2.jpg

R-T-B
03-04-10, 10:59 PM
That should be doable. I'm going to work on my mod some more, than maybe this evening I'll take some time and see if I can't point you in the right direction. :)

GermanGS
03-05-10, 03:35 AM
Ok i made a mod it works how do i upload it?

urfisch
03-05-10, 03:50 AM
Ok i made a mod it works how do i upload it? nice! contact one of the moderators here, or upload it at megaupload, etc. do you have screens?