PDA

View Full Version : [REL]No Damn Bubbles, No Damn Halo Mod

etheberge
02-28-10, 11:07 PM
Updated for patch 1.2.0

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=191&pictureid=1345

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=191&pictureid=1373 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1556)

############################
ENGLISH
############################

No Damn Bubbles, No Damn Halo Mod v1.01
--------------------------------------------

tested with patch 1.2.0

Changelog:

-Modified for patch 1.2.0 compatibility.

Install
-------
Install with JSGME or manually copy the two files included in their proper folders.
If you would like to remove the dialog indicator completely, install the NDB,NDH OM#1 - No Dialog Indicator after installing the main mod.

Questions or comments in the Subsim thread please.

Credits
-------
-Steps to remove halo originally found by user Pintea on Subsim.
-New dialog indicator by kapitan_zur_see
-danasan for German translation

Download
----------
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1556

Onkel Neal
02-28-10, 11:19 PM
This mod removes the glowing orange halo around interactive objects (crew, stations, etc) and removes the "thought bubbles" above crew members when they have something to say.

Use at your own risk since this may have unforeseen gameplay consequences, only long time testing will tell.

Install
-------
Install with JSGME or manually copy the two files included in their proper folders.

Questions or comments in the Subsim thread please.

Tested with pre-patch SH5 only.

Download
---------
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1556

Credits
-------
Steps to remove halo originally found by user Pintea on Subsim.

Awesome, I think the thought bubbles is good enough for a Subsim Battle Mug, PM your address and it shall be yours :salute:

CCIP
02-28-10, 11:37 PM
Wow, and here I thought that one would take a little bit of effort to figure out... and there we have it, a full day before street date!

Really puzzled why they thought it wise to have that as a set and un-selectable option. I mean... the cursor changes when you mouse over active crew like that. It'd be good if the cursor could be coloured a bit brighter to indicate this, but all in all, this is just fine :yeah:

etheberge
02-28-10, 11:45 PM
I think it might be a bit confusing at first without the bubbles until you know who you can and can't talk to but we'll manage.

The one thing I'm afraid of though is if the game requires you to talk to a certain character at a specific time to progress (in the campaign storyline maybe) then we might miss the clue to talk to this one guy at that one time.

Anyway, we'll see. If it become an issue we can always try to replace the default ugly bubble with something more discreet.

CaptainNemo12
02-28-10, 11:48 PM
That was fast! :o

Plus it's great that JSGME is also compatible!:DL

etheberge
03-01-10, 12:09 AM
Yes, JSGME seems to work fine so far, at least the basic functionality.

Stormfly
03-01-10, 02:08 AM
Big Thank You mates !

capthelm
03-01-10, 03:03 AM
this one is a sticky mods:rock:

urfisch
03-01-10, 04:59 AM
nice work, dude...

Ragtag
03-01-10, 06:49 AM
Sweet, thanks a bunch :)

Michal788
03-01-10, 07:16 AM
Really cool this mob.:yeah:
Where can i download JSGME?:oops:

karamazovnew
03-01-10, 08:29 AM
Wohoo, my first SH5 files....
Just 724,180 files to go and then I can start this baby. :shifty:

On the bright side, the amount of dev comments on that file is just amazing! Modding will be a pleasure cruise :D

codmander
03-01-10, 09:16 AM
Wohoo, my first SH5 files....
Just 724,180 files to go and then I can start this baby. :shifty:

On the bright side, the amount of dev comments on that file is just amazing! Modding will be a pleasure cruise :D

:rotfl2::rotfl2:
YES got a sh5 folder no game but patchs n mods folder is a start

bert8for3
03-01-10, 11:00 AM
Many thanks :up:

Sailor Steve
03-01-10, 11:28 AM
That was fast! Just what the doctor ordered!:rock:

The one thing I'm afraid of though is if the game requires you to talk to a certain character at a specific time to progress (in the campaign storyline maybe) then we might miss the clue to talk to this one guy at that one time.
If it turns out the game works that way I'll stop playing it. A little RPG is fine, but if it turns into a real storyline I'll do something else. I already hate the little backstories that come with each 'character'.

Bilge_Rat
03-01-10, 11:38 AM
etheberge, I see you found a copy, good show on getting right to work..:up:

Safe-Keeper
03-01-10, 11:54 AM
That was fast! :o Indeed.

Drifter
03-01-10, 12:17 PM
That was fast! Just what the doctor ordered!:rock:
If it turns out the game works that way I'll stop playing it. A little RPG is fine, but if it turns into a real storyline I'll do something else. I already hate the little backstories that come with each 'character'.
I wouldn't worry about it too much. It appears that almost anything, including the campaign game, can be changed through custom scripting. Practically unlimited possibilities. :yeah:

Webster
03-01-10, 01:16 PM
this one is a sticky mods:rock:

i just added it to the sticky thread

COWBOY10
03-01-10, 01:49 PM
Damn Sh5 is being modded already :) Great work guys, Got two mods downloaded already and Sim, hasnt even turned up yet :)

Michal788
03-01-10, 01:56 PM

Thanks jone for your signature.:D
[Visit my webpage (http://www.users.on.net/%7Ejscones/software/) to get the latest Generic Mod Enabler (JSGME). ]

JotDora
03-01-10, 03:21 PM
MANY thanks!

Great Work!!! :DL

Safe-Keeper
03-01-10, 03:35 PM
What does/did that stupid bubble mean, anyhow?

AVGWarhawk
03-01-10, 03:38 PM
Nice! :yeah:

Highbury
03-01-10, 03:47 PM
Just installing the game now, was hoping this mod would be out by the time I got a copy. Hated the halo in the vids.

Thank You kindly.

EgoApocalypse
03-01-10, 05:02 PM
Savage.....Even better when I get it.

Cheers:salute:

etheberge
03-01-10, 06:33 PM

You can find the latest version of JSGME here:

http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products-jsgme.html (http://www.users.on.net/%7Ejscones/software/products-jsgme.html)

gutted
03-02-10, 12:15 PM
Heads Up:

There WILL be times when a cerwmen wants to "Have a word" with you. With the bubbles deactivated you wont know when. He wont saying anything until you open his dialog screen.

I've re-enabled my bubbles for now. I nearly missed something.

Safe-Keeper
03-02-10, 12:46 PM
What about a mod that replaces the bubble with something less cartoonish. Like a caution sign or exclamation mark or circular blue field with an 'i' or an orb or whatever?

Sailor Steve
03-02-10, 12:59 PM
What about a mod that replaces the bubble with something less cartoonish. Like a caution sign or exclamation mark or circular blue field with an 'i' or an orb or whatever?
Or a bubble with the words: Herr Kaleun?

gutted
03-02-10, 02:03 PM
It would be nice if when you walk by they say something to get your attention.

The insance im talking about is i just happened to accidently click on someone.. and he said "Herr Kaluen, can i have a word with you".

He then went on about how the other men were being d1ck's. And you had to choose whether to tell em not to worry about it, or tell the crew to quit (something like that).

Now, if he would have just said "Herr Kaleun, can i have a word with you" as i walked by it would be 10x better.

TarJak
03-02-10, 02:27 PM
Why not a different cursor colour change? Dull yellow for nothing to do, red for clickable and green for talk to me?

Safe-Keeper
03-02-10, 03:17 PM
It would be nice if when you walk by they say something to get your attention.Indeed. It's not like people do that in reality -- they don't just stand around and hope your abilities of mind-reading and aura-vision will let you know they wanna talk to you.

etheberge
03-02-10, 09:58 PM
Heads Up:

There WILL be times when a cerwmen wants to "Have a word" with you. With the bubbles deactivated you wont know when. He wont saying anything until you open his dialog screen.

Mmm, I was afraid of that. Thanks for the warning. I've had the game for 2 days now and I've only actually played it for like 15 minutes so I haven't seen that situation yet :-)

Yes we may have to do that. I'd like it to be something really subtle though, something not as visually jarring. Perhaps a very small exclamation mark would be a good example. I'll see what I can come up with in the next couple of days, unless someone else wants to have a go at it.

danasan
03-03-10, 08:36 AM
Hi etheberge,

may I offer you a german translation of your README files regarding

- No damn bubbles and accurate German flags?

- You could copy and paste them from here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162964)

danasan

etheberge
03-03-10, 11:55 PM
Hi etheberge,

may I offer you a german translation of your README files regarding

- No damn bubbles and accurate German flags?

- You could copy and paste them from here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162964)

danasan

Good idea thanks I'll include it in future releases.

PL_Andrev
03-04-10, 12:56 AM
Is this mod working on full version of SH5?

Sky999
03-04-10, 09:57 AM
About the whole need the talk indicator back, is anyone working on that? I would download this mod but I can't imagine how to play it If can't advance because I can't see someone wants to talk to me?

kapitan_zur_see
03-04-10, 02:08 PM
see this thread:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=1293381#post1293381

sergei
03-04-10, 04:47 PM
Good work :up:

Decoman
03-04-10, 04:51 PM
The Alt key highlights objects when pressed.

Perhaps one could make it so that highlighting is removed by default, but appearing again when pressing the Alt key.

Correction: Neither the hydrophone or unusable radar is highlighting for me atm, when pressing the Alt key. A couple of dials showed up as being highlighted when pressing the Alt key in the control room. The two small dial for air pressure did not seem to be interactive.

TopcatWA
03-04-10, 11:35 PM
One more to add to the mod list. Thanks.:up:

etheberge
03-05-10, 01:58 AM
No Damn Bubbles, No Damn Halo Mod v1.01
--------------------------------------------

tested with patch 1.1.5

Changelog:

-Added new dialog indicator by kapitan_zur_see as default
-Left the complete removal of the dialog indicator as optional
-Changed location of readme file

See first post for details

wetwarev7
03-05-10, 12:11 PM
thank you thank you thank you thank you

Ablemaster
03-07-10, 09:31 AM
Excellent, really like this, thanks mate.

TarJak
03-07-10, 07:54 PM

Yes we may have to do that. I'd like it to be something really subtle though, something not as visually jarring. Perhaps a very small exclamation mark would be a good example. I'll see what I can come up with in the next couple of days, unless someone else wants to have a go at it.

Why not a different cursor colour change? Dull yellow for nothing to do, red for clickable and green for talk to me?Is this viable?

etheberge
03-07-10, 08:07 PM
If you're talking about the exclamation mark thing, it's already in the new version of the mod as default, Kapitan_zur_see did it.

If you're asking about the cursor change, then I don't know, sorry.

Dragon81
03-08-10, 09:21 AM
I want to inform you about a interesting isue:

[PROB] Flickering at 3D-Models cause of mods? (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=1301599&mode=linear#post1301599)

fufubar
03-16-10, 08:51 AM
Really awesome mod. thanks!!

Heads Up:

You sure about that? IMHO the bbbles are buggy anyway: for me they always appear AFTER I have spoken with someone. And when I speak to him again there is nothing new. O the appear random, also with nohing to say they havent said already.

SabreHawk
05-14-10, 08:08 AM
Just though I'd give a one up on this mod with patch 1.2, the patch does in fact touch the Lights.cfg file so you wont want to install this by JSGME as that would swap out the Lights.cfg file entirely which would obviously undo something that the patch does.
You can though intstall manually, but rather than swappng out the entire Light.cfg file just change the two values named Spread, and Blend in the file to 0 instead of the default which is Spread=2 and Blend=0.5

etheberge
05-15-10, 07:31 PM
Just though I'd give a one up on this mod with patch 1.2, the patch does in fact touch the Lights.cfg file so you wont want to install this by JSGME as that would swap out the Lights.cfg file entirely which would obviously undo something that the patch does.
You can though intstall manually, but rather than swappng out the entire Light.cfg file just change the two values named Spread, and Blend in the file to 0 instead of the default which is Spread=2 and Blend=0.5

Thanks for the heads up about the patch.

etheberge
05-15-10, 07:33 PM
Updated for patch 1.2.0

Download link in the first post.-------->>>http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1285059&postcount=1

SabreHawk
05-16-10, 07:24 AM
Updated for patch 1.2.0

Download link in the first post.-------->>>http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1285059&postcount=1

Ahh, and thank you sir for this mod to begin with.:salute:
It was the most important one for me, as these halo's bothered me to no end which is why it's the first thing I wanted to put back in after the patch.

And thanks for updating it so folks can JSGME it, even though it's a simple thing to do manually. Some may still not be comfortable doing it.

leeszaj
06-19-12, 09:56 AM
i need downloads

pagansmudge
09-02-12, 09:54 AM
great mod, thanks for your work.

mamlasraz
01-20-13, 02:14 AM
I would like to say hello and thank for this amazing mod!!!! very well