PDA

View Full Version : O2 not replenishing

taukarrie
02-28-10, 01:54 PM
is there some kind of known issue with this? twice now ive surfaced to replenish my O2 and it just didnt happen. i KNOW i was surfaced. i made absolutely sure over and over as my critical O2 warning persisted.

the first time this happened my crew just suffocated and we all died. the second time my O2 level just became stuck at a low level and wouldnt replenish OR continue to dwindle.

also, in the little window where you can view your fuel/battery level/O2/compressed air my O2 meter sometimes seems to go in reverse. 0/100 being full O2 stores.

very wierd. something is buggy

and i dont use any mods.

sergei
02-28-10, 02:30 PM
This used to happen to me when I would alt-tab out of SH4.
Since I stopped doing that it hasn't happened to me again.
If you don't alt-tab then I dunno what the cause is.

A save and reload should clear the problem.
Also, some members have reported success in clearing this problem by clicking on the CO2 warning icon to surface the boat.

taukarrie
02-28-10, 03:26 PM
i think that explains it. i do alt-tab a lot. wierd that it causes this particular issue.

thanks for the info

sergei
02-28-10, 03:40 PM
No problem taukarrie.
Just one of those bugs that must have made it through the testing process.
Although the word bug is frowned upon.
These days I believe they are called 'undocumented features'.

Platapus
02-28-10, 05:28 PM
Click on the CO2 icon in the upper right. Sometimes that kicks it out too.

CaptBackasswards
04-12-10, 09:56 PM
I just had the CO2 bug happen, which is how I found this post. I saved the campaign, then I watch my crew die. I reloaded the save and the CO2 level was OK. Seems like I remember this bug (undocumented feature:DL) being around since the game came out. It's just very infrequent. First time ever for me though.

Armistead
04-13-10, 02:58 AM
Only thing I've ever seen fix it is save and reload. Hitting the button ain't never worked for me in two years playing...