PDA

View Full Version : AA Guns view blocked

Maximus1877
02-16-10, 09:31 PM
This was probably asked before but just started playing SH4 again and updated it to 1.4. When I target aircraft I turn the AA gun to the side but then the view gets blocked out from the side of the hull. Any way to fix this?

razark
02-16-10, 09:47 PM
This was probably asked before but just started playing SH4 again and updated it to 1.4. When I target aircraft I turn the AA gun to the side but then the view gets blocked out from the side of the hull. Any way to fix this?

I always let my crew manage the AA gun. The only time it gets used is when I've taken too much damage to dive. Otherwise, stay away from airplanes.

This has been a problem from the beginning. I think there was some way around it, but I don't remember off the top of my head. Later in the war, you'll get the cut down tower. Then, you'll be able to use the gun without the sides getting in the way. The best use for it is to go after fishing boats and sampans. Stay away from airplanes.

Maximus1877
02-16-10, 10:03 PM
Thank you, ya ill let my crew do the shooting till i get the cut down tower.

IRISH4Life
02-16-10, 10:04 PM
I have the same problem. Too many other problems to address this yet. but yes when you turn perpendicular to the boat and aim high your vision is gone because of the side of the boat. Maybe one of the super mods fixes that????? As for the other you can shoot down the planes. I have done it on many. Short bursts are the ticket. When you are out of ammunition dive.

IRISH4life