PDA

View Full Version : SH4 + Tunngle +Multiplayer, please help if you can.

Drayu
02-16-10, 07:24 PM
Hello all,
I know my first post is about an issue, but I promise to stay if you can help me :(

Here is the issue that I have been working on for the last 10 hours:
I bought SH3, SH4, SH4 Uboat off of steam about a month ago. I installed them all and have been playing the single player with little issue.

Today I went to go try the multiplayer and of course the ubi servers stink so I do some net research and find out about hamachi and tunngle. I liked tunngle better so I fired it up and tried to play some multiplayer. Well, as soon as I loaded into the game and saw the sub interior it, the game crashed. This happened many times with many different configurations of my router, anti-virus, firewall and more. After a few hours my buddy got on steam and we tried to connect through tunngle to play and son of !#$! it worked fine! We were able to play an entire mission!

Great I thought! I tried to get back on with the guys who didn't buy it through steam and the same problem reoccured. I would load the game and crash to desktop everytime.

SO, anyone have any ideas?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Drayu

Sailor Steve
02-16-10, 09:44 PM
Sorry I don't have a clue about these things, but I hope you'll stick around anyway. And...

WELCOME ABOARD!:sunny:

Oh, and my very first post was about a problem as well. But that was eight years ago.

Gibus
02-17-10, 12:16 PM
Perhaps a track:
To play multiplayer, all players must absolutely have the same configuration software installed (mod and game settings)

Drayu
02-17-10, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I understand that you should have the same mods installed for it to work. I guess I would like to try to play someone with SH4 that has it from a disc with no mods at all. See if I can connect to a vanilla CD install with a vanilla steam install.

Gibus
02-18-10, 12:41 PM
... with SH4 that has it from a disc with no mods at all.

This also means that you must be sure that other players have not tinkered one or several *.cfg files, for personal reasons.

Drayu
02-19-10, 09:55 AM
anyone with a non modded, non steam, vanilla install that could help me out by trying to let me connect to a game?

Silent Steel
02-26-10, 10:16 AM
:hmmm:

Hi all

Yesterday I decided to join the Tunngle but...
First I followed the instructions for registering, entered all my details and so on.
Then I was told I should shortly recieve a registration code by e-mail but until now no code arrived...

Today I went back to the Tunngle site checking the FAQs and troubleshooting parts.
Found out there is a possibility to get a new activation code, terrific I thought so
again I entered my details but...
when submitting I was told my "user" is unknown.... Of course it is - I haven't been able to activate it yet :yawn:

Getting fed up with this nonsense I tried to register a new account but then I'm told either
1. my "user" is already in use...
or
2. my password is not valid..
(but yesterday I was told everything was OK and I should just wait for my activation code to arrive).
or
3. my e-mail adress is either already in use by another account... :down:

Good Lord.

Anyone knows how to solve this or should I just forget Tunngle?
Maybe the Tunngle doesn't want me to join - I don't know.
I'm stuck

Thanks for any help you can give

Regards