PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Ship

Geordie733
02-14-10, 11:24 AM
Anyone encountered the ghost ship? I came across it in the Luzon Strait, north of Luzon. Radar picked it up as a warship, closing fast but when I put it through the TPC it said 'What is this?' I surfaced and went full flank but couldnt catch up with it. At the moment the only thing I have running with SH4 is the expansion, no mods.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2804/4356718410_0daec7e289_o.jpg

ETR3(SS)
02-14-10, 01:08 PM
Arrr, that be the Flying Dutchman! Ye best give 'er a wide berth, bad luck to any sailor that comes upon 'er! :arrgh!:

Armistead
02-14-10, 01:41 PM
She's got some hot chicks on deck...if you're into ghost women, but you know sub men, not at all picky.

Sailor Steve
02-14-10, 07:05 PM
Anyone encountered the ghost ship?
Many, many threads have discussed it for the last several years. I wouldn't expect you to know this, but did you think that no one would have seen it by now?

[edit] Sorry if I came across a little rude. Maybe it's because after all this time I've never seen it myself...

ERPP8
02-14-10, 07:32 PM
Yeah I've seen it there too.
Use free-cam, it's the only way to catch up.

Armistead
02-15-10, 12:15 AM
Many, many threads have discussed it for the last several years. I wouldn't expect you to know this, but did you think that no one would have seen it by now?

[edit] Sorry if I came across a little rude. Maybe it's because after all this time I've never seen it myself...

I've played over a year and never seen it either, doe's piss ya when these noobs come in and post SS the first week. Wondering if RSRD sunk the thing.

I've seen good lightning, Dolphins, Statue of Liberty, icebergs, Golden Gate, Beanstalk, hula girls, ice shelf, german and jap sub, but still ain't seen the Dutch.

Platapus
02-15-10, 12:25 AM
I've seen good lightning, Dolphins, Statue of Liberty, icebergs, Golden Gate, Beanstalk, hula girls, ice shelf, german and jap sub, but still ain't seen the Dutch.

Y'know, I seen me a mermaid once. I even seen me a shark eat an octopus. But I ain't never seen no phantom Russian submarine

:D

(love that movie)

boatingbetty
02-15-10, 03:28 PM
I was in a "Quick Mission and I heard my Sonar man say SHIP SPOTTED" I went to the scope clicked and there it was. Sent info to TDC and stared decresing range. I was submurged at the time 100 feet, but could not locate anything on the surface. Well maybe it's a sub?
This was constant from 6000 yards. Any Ideas?