PDA

View Full Version : Redar Depht/Rotating Antenna/Raise and Lower Masts

RodBorza
02-13-10, 08:33 PM
Hello all!

Sorry to ask, but I searched and didn't find any good answer.

So, I ask your assistance:

1) What good is radar depht for? I'm on a Porpoise class early in the war (Jan. 42) and everytime I call for a radar depht the boat almost surfaces (goes to 38 feet)! Is it good only for later subs, equipped with surface radars?

2) I'm using version 1.5 with TMO 1.9 installed. My SD radar antenna doesn't rotate. Is is a glitch or something? (something means = user related problems... :damn: )

3) When to use the Raise and Lower antenna command? On periscope depht? On radar depht?

4) Is it me, or the attack periscope raises a little bit higher than the "night" periscope? I usually have to stay at 50 feet or less (dependind on sea state) to have the same result with the attack periscope at greater depths.

razark
02-13-10, 08:58 PM
1) What good is radar depht for? I'm on a Porpoise class early in the war (Jan. 42) and everytime I call for a radar depht the boat almost surfaces (goes to 38 feet)! Is it good only for later subs, equipped with surface radars?

The radar depth brings the boat close to the surface, allowing the SJ surface search radar to be exposed, while hiding the rest of the boat.

2) I'm using version 1.5 with TMO 1.9 installed. My SD radar antenna doesn't rotate. Is is a glitch or something? (something means = user related problems... :damn: )

SD radar was a range only, omni-directional radar. The radar itself does not rotate. The fact that you can get bearings on aircraft is a glitch. You should really only see range.

3) When to use the Raise and Lower antenna command? On periscope depht? On radar depht?

If you raise the SD antenna, you should be able to use it at periscope depth. Good for when hiding from aircraft, and before coming to the surface after being submerged.

4) Is it me, or the attack periscope raises a little bit higher than the "night" periscope? I usually have to stay at 50 feet or less (dependind on sea state) to have the same result with the attack periscope at greater depths.

Never noticed. I rarely use the observation scope.

RodBorza
02-13-10, 09:03 PM
Oh man...thanks!

I have just done a test on it and it is all right.

Yet again, thanks!

propilot45
02-17-10, 01:06 PM
Hi! can please somebody remind me what is key combination to raise the radar ?

ETR3(SS)
02-17-10, 01:15 PM
That depends upon what mod you are using, some are shift+x, some it's just x, I think R is used in one, and i in another.

Inner Sound
02-17-10, 01:28 PM
In TMO 1.9 radar depth is " ; "

Raise/lower air search radar is " T "

propilot45
02-17-10, 01:32 PM
Does it work in V1.4 (only got the ohio,typhoon and LA class mods )?

Laconic
02-18-10, 10:46 PM

The night scope is shorter than the attack scope in the S-class and Porpoise (I think). They should be the same height in later classes, check it out when you get the keys to a Gato.

RodBorza
02-19-10, 07:01 AM
Laconic,

Hmm..ok. I usually have to go to 50 ft (4 ft less than periscope depth) on the Porpoise in order to use the night periscope. When I become a happy "owner" of a gato, I'll check it out. Tks!

Armistead
02-19-10, 02:21 PM
You can use the page up and down keys and insert/del keys to lower and raise the scopes...I think page works day, insert does night. I prefer this because I can control the scope. Instead of retracting it all the way, just bring it down below the water line. Saves time during an attack.

I'm pretty sure the attack scope goes higher than the night scope. With TMO the scope depth is less with the Porpoise..think 54 ft, so it other than calm waters I go to about 50 ft to clear the lens.

Laconic
02-20-10, 12:07 AM
Laconic,

Hmm..ok. I usually have to go to 50 ft (4 ft less than periscope depth) on the Porpoise in order to use the night periscope. When I become a happy "owner" of a gato, I'll check it out. Tks!

Huh. Even if they are different heights, at periscope depth and calm seas, both scopes should clear the surface...the attack scope should be just a few feet taller, unless there are some mods at play.