PDA

View Full Version : Very odd...

remenents
02-13-10, 02:09 AM
So, I put on the Silent Fire mod, just so I can go explore the Japanese coast to see the visuals and such. While I am trying to go check out Tokyo, the was a Battleship Fuso near the entrance to it. So I decide to just send about 20 torps into her to sink her, so I wouldnt keep getting shot at... well, about 15 minutes later (I had gotten done exploring Tokyo) I was heading back out andwhat do I see? The same Fuso Battleship... its no longer sunk and it is again shooting at me... well, this was a surprise to me, so I decided to sink it again. Once again, I go drive around for about 15 minutes, come back, and there she is again! I wasnt sure if this was a glitch or not, so I drove around to Kobe Harbor (just west of Osaka). In there were 2 Fleet CVs. So I sink them and try the samething with the Battleship... again, they were "respawned". The only thing I noticed is, when you "re"sink them, you do not get the tonnage added again. You just waste torps/ammo/time. It was very odd. I just thought I would share this to see if maybe there is a code in the game that says something about keeping certain ships "alive" until the historic year they were actually sank?

Armistead
02-13-10, 02:48 AM
If you leave the zone where a ship was spawned, it will respawn. So many miles or minutes...Not sure why you're not getting credit..with all the ships you're sinking is the mod you're using giving you extra torps. With in the norms of the game, you should get credit, but usually you're out of torps or limited to the amount of torps..

Why most of us don't harbor rape...gets rather boring. I have no idea what the silent fire mod is, but could be that's why you're not getting credit, some mods like that even though you have the torps in the game and they work, they don't really show as there, thus no credit for the kill.
You'll have to check the mod...

All the ships respawn so they can be in the game as historically needed. If you sink the Yamato early war, it still spawns throughout the game so it can take part of all the things it historically did...Some mods like RSRD help limit that, but the way stock works most ships show up throughout the game regardless, although most of them you wont see after they historically die...but not all. The Yamato will show up in the bungo straits the last month of the war over and over...sure some others do.