PDA

View Full Version : Need advice about SH4 + mods installation

DirtyACE
02-09-10, 07:27 PM
I'm a huge fan of GWX 3.0 but am yet to play SH4 or any of its mods. To be honest, I haven't played any SH for a few months.

I got SH4, plus the mission pack that comes with the 1.5 patch. I've also downloaded Operation Monsoon, OMEGU, and a playable Admiral Scheer for OM. These are the mods that I want to try for now.

So I've been reading various threads the last few days to find the proper procedure to install SH4 plus the mods I mentioned above. I also understand that the install procedure for SH4 itself is different for Windows 7 as opposed to XP.

Here's the step-by-step list that I've come up with by gathering the info from the forum. I would appreciate if someone could take a look at it and give me some advice or correct any mistakes in the order of how the installation should go.

1. SH4 stock
2. Mission pack plus 1.5 patch
3. OM v705
4. OM v705 to 720
5. OM v720 patch 1
6. OMEGU v300
7. OMEGU v300 patch 4
8. AS for OM v102

Does this look right?

I should also mention that my OS is Windows 7 Professional. I've read that in Win 7, it is better to install SH4 into a completely separate folder than to the default Program Files directory. Is this correct?

I have also downloaded the newest version of JGSME. Should this be installed before or after I've installed the stock SH4?

Thanks in advance for the help :DL

PS - I welcome recommendations for any other mods that would be compatible with OM and OMEGU.

irish1958
02-09-10, 08:58 PM
You might want to try the SH4 ATO mod section for answers.

DirtyACE
02-09-10, 09:08 PM
In that case, is it possible for a moderator to move this thread to that subforum?

Capt. Hood
02-10-10, 12:17 AM
Hey DirtyAce,

I 've installed SH4G on windows 7 OS. Yes i would install it to the c:/ SH4 and not the programs which i did and so far its been %100 ok. Then install JGSME to the same folder and away you go. Good Hunting:yeah:

DirtyACE
02-10-10, 12:20 AM
Hey DirtyAce,

I 've installed SH4G on windows 7 OS. Yes i would install it to the c:/ SH4 and not the programs which i did and so far its been %100 ok. Then install JGSME to the same folder and away you go. Good Hunting:yeah:

Thank you for the help, much appreciated :up:

Quick questions why is there a letter "G" in the SH4?

Just started the same topic at the ATO subforum. All for nothing.

magic452
02-10-10, 12:49 AM
Silent Hunter 4 Gold edition.
The disc version of the U boat addition and 1.5 patch.

Magic