PDA

View Full Version : New skipper

stingaroo
02-09-10, 05:48 PM
Good day everyone,
I joined this board in '08 but never really posted anything. I played the crap out of the game during the down time of our recent deployment (OIF Sept 08-Sept 09), then whipped it out about a 2 weeks ago to play it again. It took me awhile to figure out how to get the mid-war tower for my Salmon class sub, but thanks to the sticky threads and search option, I had her done after 6 patrols and the calender hit January 13th 1943.
There is a large volume of knowledge here, not just about modding, and the game, but about the actual boats, ships, and events that took place. I also enjoy the the professionalism on this board over many other forums out there, and those striving to be as historically accurate as possible.
Keep up the good work
Brian Cessna
PS if anyone wants to talke WW2 vehicles, feel free to email me. We have a collection of 4 vehicles, 1 motorcycle, and 2 trailers haha.

ETR3(SS)
02-09-10, 06:32 PM
Welcome aboard, and welcome back from the sandbox!:salute:

AVGWarhawk
02-09-10, 06:45 PM
Your collection, do you take them to WW2 Weekend in Reading?

stingaroo
02-09-10, 09:09 PM
AVG Warhawk,
Yes sir, we just can't take everything! Dad and I assist the Pacific Theater, usually we have either our '41 MB Slatgrill, 1/4ton trailer, WC-52, and '42 Harley Davidson WLA. We are set up beside my buddies who do the Seabee impression with all of thier equipment. I miss the past two years, one year I was in my Stryker doing train up, last year I was on a mission in Nasser Wa Salaam. Our 41 Plymouth Staff car is about 80% done, the big thing is the interior. It may make an appearance. My '42 GMC CCKW is a French bring back that needs to be recondtioned for running up and down the road. Do you attend the show? I am not sure who we will be running with this year, either doing the Seabees, 345th Bomb Group Maintenance, or setting up our own maintenance tent.
Right now we are getting another load of snow, so I am sailing around the Pacific. To date I have ran out of fuel once, and attacked a 10,000ton Oiler with all of my torpedoes, scoring only 2 hits. Thank God for that 4" on the bow. Still have to get the hang of running everything manually again!
Take care and good luck!
Brian

Armistead
02-09-10, 10:08 PM
My father in law helps redo the tanks, cars, ect at the AFF Danville Tank Museum...They put on quite a show with all their tanks and other stuff.
They even sell most the stuff if you have the money. They have a large collection of German tanks...probably largest tank museum in the US...fills up an entire old high school..

stingaroo
02-09-10, 11:12 PM
I made a stop down there a number of years ago. I think I was about 18 so that would have been about 1999. The had the Churchill, bren gun carrier, and an old M3 Tank that was freakin awesome. I would love to land a job down there doing it for a living, or even Aberdeen. Sad part is now, I got home in Sept, put back on National Guard status, and wanted to get back to work at BAE systems. I was on the Bradley reset line, basically rebuilding them. I worked for 3 weeks then got laid off November 13th! Now on the job hunt...
Dad works at Harley Davidson in York, he managed to get through this last round of lay-offs and probably is going to retire, then look for a part time job. The vehicles are just a hobby, we help others, and have worked on everything from Scout Cars, down to little hand carts. I never had a chance to wrench on a WW2 tank, but someday maybe! I went job hunting for about 4 hours after getting back from the VA Medical Center, now I am surfing subsim now just checking out the lastest and greatest. It helps break up the day. Probably going to start a new career once I get back in the grove! I am currently searching on how to change the sub name, catching some Family Guy, and watching the snow fall.

Nerka
02-09-10, 11:43 PM
Just wanted to say howdy to another Pennsylvanian! :salute:

Tweety
02-10-10, 03:29 AM
Welcome aboard stingaroo,

May your sinking's be fruitful.
Good luck with finding working.

Tweety

Andrew82
02-11-10, 04:11 PM
Welcome aboard! :salute: