PDA

View Full Version : career

joost
02-01-10, 02:52 AM
Hello,

New to silent hunter 4, im a little puzzled about the career mode. I started in 1941.
When i complete my mission, i sail back to port and choose: "end patrol". Now i received for the fourth time a mission order to drop off a agent and my medals are gone every time i'm back in the office.
Do i need to go back to homebase or do i have to stay on patrol ?

Grtz Joost

magic452
02-01-10, 03:55 AM
In career mode you are given your original assignment and apparently you have been completing it. When you get the gray star you can call in and receive a new assignment, Captains Log button lower right corner of the screen brings up the clip board and there is a button to report in.

It will be a patrol mission not an agent drop type thing. You can keep doing this over and over till you are either out of torpedoes or low fuel than return to base and end patrol.

Early in the war it is best to complete two or three missions per patrol as you will be given a new boat sooner that way. Once you get a new boat you can just complete one assignment and then sail where ever you think you can find enemy shipping. Sinking ships is more important than completing missions.

As far as the medals goes, when you click on the Medals box your medals are shown on the left side of the screen.

Welcome to the boat mate good luck and good hunting. :yeah:

Magic

joost
02-01-10, 10:31 AM
Thx for the quick reply.
Two stupid questions maybe.
1. When I "end patrol" and shut down SH4, next time, do I have to load a saved game or click "career" for continuing my career ?
2. Is it possible to have multiple careers ? (for housemates)

Grtz Joost

razark
02-01-10, 10:45 AM
1. When I "end patrol" and shut down SH4, next time, do I have to load a saved game or click "career" for continuing my career ?
2. Is it possible to have multiple careers ? (for housemates)

1. You load a saved game to continue. The game will automatically save your game, but I advise saving it yourself so you can give it some meaningful name. Otherwise, it can get confusing.

2. Yes. I've run multiple careers at one time. Naming your save games helps with this.