PDA

View Full Version : CTD when taking damage - Help!

oldandbold
01-30-10, 09:28 AM
When taking any damage, my game crashes to the desktop. Any hit from an enemy ship, aircraft or diving in to the bottom causes it. I have SH4 1.4 and it happens with the Gato and the Balao. Not with the Salmon? It also crashes when after ending a mission in base, I start a new mission - right after the start in base/start at sea screen. The game functions perfectly otherwise.

Please help!

ETR3(SS)
01-30-10, 11:44 AM
Got any mods enabled?

Armistead
01-30-10, 12:27 PM
What are your specs.

Are your sound and video drivers updated.

oldandbold
01-30-10, 02:02 PM
Got any mods enabled?

Yes - SCAF for 1.4, Maxoptics3 for SCAF 1.4, FJB Camera Mod for Maxoptics3, TGT Dials to PK Fix, MyMenu, Map Labels 1.3, Webster's Underwater Visibility Mod for v1.4, Nisgeis' Range Ring and Bearing Line Mod ... You've given me an idea - I'll disable them all and see what happens.

oldandbold
01-30-10, 02:06 PM
What are your specs.

Are your sound and video drivers updated.

Intel 2,4 Quad core, 8800GT, 4GB RAM, my PC runs most graphic intensive games quite well, SH4 graphics is maxed out and I don't know about frame rate problems. I'll try the drivers update idea.

oldandbold
01-30-10, 03:19 PM
Got any mods enabled?

Found the problem! 'Twas a mod, I think MyMenu. But due to all of my fiddling with the hitpoints and damage parameters in the sim files over the last week, I've gone and made the damn thing near invulnerable - can't remember what I did exactly. Make a backup next time right? Oh, well, time for a reinstall.

Many thanks for your interest and suggestion!

Webster
01-30-10, 05:57 PM
try the mod soup cleanup first