PDA

View Full Version : TMO ?'s guns, special ability

Armistead
01-25-10, 08:13 PM
I hate that the crew won't man all guns and shoot at ships. Anyone notice now with TMO 1.9 if you use the 40 or 20 to shoot ships yourself, if you give them back to the crew they will actually be pointing the guns at the ship you were shooting at...was it like that before? Wouldn't it be great if all your guns would shoot at ships now that they have a lil more beef to them with 1.9

The special ability guys often don't match their compartment. Simply, I may have a torp/gun rated man that special skills only work in the engines room. Most are mismatched for their compartment. Anyone else having this, just want to be sure. Seems with promotions I get the same Special ability skills over and over...Like 3 meds, 2 ballast fuel guys, ect... Be nice to be able to pick the ones with skills you don't already have. Anyone know of a work around. I'll dismiss the ones that I already have hoping to get different ones, but often get two, even three special guys with the same skills. I loved the one that picked up convoys whoever he was in 1.7 and haven't seen him yet.

Once in awhile I still get the bug crew not going into repair mode when I take damage, sorta like the CO2 bug, if I save and reload it will work fine.
It obviously effects damage being worked on if they're not in repair status, just on stations. I've had this with TMO 1.7...I'm a mod stacker, but check for file conflicts, ect, and mostly eye candy mods, but even when I back them all out to just TMORSRD and skins, it happens maybe once every other patrol, like the CO2 bug. I'll probably do a fresh install after this career since it rarely happens, just wondered if anyone else pays attention to this...If you don't really mouse over your men, it's easy to miss.

Just wonder if anyone is seeing this.

Ducimus
01-25-10, 08:26 PM
RE: 40MM & 20MM.

Their AA guns. The way the game handles AA guns, they'll only auto target aircraft.

The special ability guys often don't match their compartment. Simply, I may have a torp/gun rated man that special skills only work in the engines room. Most are mismatched for their compartment.

I think what's happening is when i reduced the requirements for these skills to be acquired, it also increased the likelyhood of picking up Y skill in X compartment because i set the bar too low. Sounds like I may have to put these requirements back to stock setttings.

Seems with promotions I get the same Special ability skills over and over...Like 3 meds, 2 ballast fuel guys, ect... Be nice to be able to pick the ones with skills you don't already have.

I think its random. The whole idea is i wanted to encourage the player to rotate old crew for fresh ones for a new skill chance, or spend renown on an experienced crew member in port barracks.

Overall i guess im gonna have to go back, look at crew skill requirements and update the patch as needed, (i just updated and posted a new one last night. bah!). Man i wish you posted this about a couple days ago. :haha:

Armistead
01-25-10, 09:03 PM
Well, obviously not complaining, greatest mod ever, just want to be sure about mod soup, but think I'm OK, except not sure about the crew going into repair mode..

Just don't recall the crew aiming the guns at ships I was shooting at. Seems before they went back to fixed position...

No biggy, that may be a good way to rotate them out, just don't like the stacked skills, if they stack. Will two ballast fuel guys give you double bonus or is one worthless. I assume meds work with each compartment, crap like that. May be good to have two of the same if it's a fair deal without being silly..Like the guy that add's renown, if you have 3 of him, is that a triple bonus...seemed so.

Just stating....do as you will, love the last patch.

Ducimus
01-25-10, 09:08 PM
>>Once in awhile I still get the bug crew not going into repair mode when I take damage, sorta like the CO2 bug, if I save and reload it will work fine.

I really don't know about this not going into repair mode. I've never experienced that. But if its anything like the C02 bug, i think thats related to ALT Tabbing. SH4 doesn't take it very well.

edit:
As crew skills go, what compartment they work in is deliberate. (torpedo room only for example.) Acutally, the torpedo room is a great example. You have two possible choices for skills. Faster reloading, or a reduction in duds. Since theres only one crewman who can have either skill in that compartment, you have to choose one or the other. Some skills i knew they would stack, so i left the alternates good enough to encourage diversification. Some skills have diminishing returns, like engine expert. You get the most bennfit out of two, the bennfit of the 3rd one doesnt justify the loss of a 3rd possible crew skill.

Armistead
01-25-10, 09:36 PM
You're probably right about the alt/tab, I do that constantly. Did notice sometimes it wouldn't go into silent running when I did it a lot, so probably the case since they all repair when you save and reload.

It really doesn't matter I guess what compartment they're rated to as long as you can make the skill work. Just hate using say my command officer rated for the control room, to have to move him to the engine room to use his skill....not that big a deal, but I'll move him as needed. I don't think the drop in efficiency ratings for the others matter that much.

The rest makes good sense....

Thanks....