PDA

View Full Version : CO2 levels rising...and rising...and rising

That's not my dog
01-25-10, 02:37 PM
So, I am on patrol and I am diving and surfacing with the rising and setting of the sun in the China Sea. Planes everywhere! Anyway, my CO2 level kept rising and was not going down when I surfaced. I would be cruising at 10kts and my batteries would recharge, but my CO2 still kept rising as I was surfaced. Interesting thing as well was no one was going outside to stand watch. I put a guy on the AA gun and he never showed his face.
I kept cruising along and eventually the whole crew died of CO2 poisoning while I was surfaced.
Now for another twist, I reloaded that game and instead of my CO2 being at 45 when I reloaded it the first time, it was zero! I think it has something to do with saving my game while submerged. not 100% sure, but a hunch.
Anyway, just seeing if that has happened to anyone else.
Happy sailing.

Webster
01-25-10, 02:39 PM
surface by clicking on the co2 icon at top of screen will surface the boat and usually get it working again without interupting your game

also save and reload will unstick it which is why it worked after you did that

SteamWake
01-25-10, 02:43 PM
Usually caused by alt tabbing out of the game.

A re-load should fix it.

That's not my dog
01-25-10, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the replies fellas. I did not know that alt-tabbing can cause that. I will have to print that out and post it next to the monitor. That way when the wife comes and wants to check her email, I can point to that and say, "NOPE"!
On that note, I made need a spare bunk!!!:haha:

Armistead
01-25-10, 04:06 PM
It's a bug. I've never noticed alt/tab having anything to do with it. The only thing that fixes it for most is to save and reload, it will then work.

I've never had any luck clicking on the icon to surface and having it go away, few have.

Webster
01-25-10, 05:46 PM
It's a bug. I've never noticed alt/tab having anything to do with it. The only thing that fixes it for most is to save and reload, it will then work.

I've never had any luck clicking on the icon to surface and having it go away, few have.

you have to submerge again then click it for it to work :up:

and it works very well IF the "hang" is from alt+tabbing