PDA

View Full Version : vista problems

gavain2
01-24-10, 03:52 PM
I'm using a laptop with vista installed. I installed Sh4+ Submarine addon, no problems with that, into it's own folder 'games 2' ( where does this need to be?) Installed JGSME but it doesn't do anything, even tried installing the latest TMO directly but nothing has changed! I stil only get the original game. I have looked in 'Appdata' nothing there also.
I only use this laptop as I am living in Germany and don't have my desktop machine here. I really miss not having TMO and other mods in the game.

My specs: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU. TP5450 @ 166Hz 166Gz
Memory 2GB
System 32 bit Operating System

Any help please!!

gavain2

VonHesse
01-24-10, 05:13 PM
I'm using a laptop with vista installed. I installed Sh4+ Submarine addon, no problems with that, into it's own folder 'games 2' ( where does this need to be?) Installed JGSME but it doesn't do anything, even tried installing the latest TMO directly but nothing has changed! I stil only get the original game. I have looked in 'Appdata' nothing there also.
I only use this laptop as I am living in Germany and don't have my desktop machine here. I really miss not having TMO and other mods in the game.

My specs: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU. TP5450 @ 166Hz 166Gz
Memory 2GB
System 32 bit Operating System

Any help please!!

gavain2

I also had problems with mods working with Vista. I installed SH4 directly onto my C drive into it's own folder - "Damn SH4". (named that way because of how many different ways I had to try to install it before it worked).:damn:

I'm not sure that my C drive is the best location, but it works well, and the game loads super fast. I do know that installing it into "Program Files", whether you re-name it or not, will not work (for me at least).

Other than that, be sure you're running JSGME as an "administrator". Also, you can try turning the User Account Controls off. (UAC)

Maybe that will help. I'm pretty new to computers, myself, but there are loads of helpful professionals around here. I'm sure one will be by soon to add more accurate information.

Good luck. :salute:

Edit: Just saw this in another thread. Might be something else to look at, too.

Originally Posted by razark http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/smartdark/viewpost.gif (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=1244995#post1244995)
Under your MODS directroy, check each mod. Sounds like you'll find a folder in the mod's folder with the same name. For example:

\Silent Hunter 4
-\MODS
--\TMO folder
---\TMO folder
----\TMO Data

Rename the top level TMO folder, and drag that lower level TMO folder to the MODS directory. Delete the now empty renamed folder, and install mod with JSGME.

I have to do that almost every time I download a mod. Sometimes I forget, and get what you describe.

When you open a particular mod under the MODS directory, you should see the DATA directory, and possibly some documentation.