PDA

View Full Version : Crew Assignment Page Incorrect

SSN_638
01-21-10, 08:00 AM
Last time at home port, I was offered a 4"/50 deck gun mounted forward on my Salmon boat which I immediately had installed. When I shifted to the crew assignment page to man it, there were no small rectangles at the deck gun position. In fact, the page shows "Aft Deck Gun" below Damage Control with two large section rectangles next to it. Those section rectangles are empty. I can use the gun manually, but it takes 18 seconds to reload :o. That's enough time to go below, use the head and grab a sandwich at the galley and be back at the gun in time to fire it ;). How in heavens name do I fix this?

Good Hunting

Inner Sound
01-21-10, 08:43 AM
Yeah, I remember something like that. I think I reloaded and just settled for the gun on the aft deck. The super mods have probably got it sorted.

Hope you washed your hands before picking up that sandwich, by the way.

KlassenT
01-21-10, 08:59 AM
At the risk of being Captain Obvious, have you tried just playing along with the game's hiccup and manning the aft position that's still available?

SSN_638
01-21-10, 10:31 AM
I'd love to, if it was available :-?. There is no way to assign crew to the deck gun at all. When I was in port, I tried changing the gun to the aft position, which it seemed to do, but there still wasn't a way to assign crew :o. That being the case, I changed it back forward and I'm living with the 18 second reload time...

JREX53
01-21-10, 10:38 AM
SSN_638,

This post will tell you which files and how to edit them so that you will have crew positions for the deck guns. This has been a problem since the game game out.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1075778&postcount=7

Hope this helps.

SSN_638
01-21-10, 11:43 AM
Didn't seem to work :cry:. Could be because I'm on patrol at the moment.

SteamWake
01-21-10, 11:57 AM
Modifying files while out on patrol is generally not a good idea.

What your describing is a known bug.