PDA

View Full Version : Nav. waypoints not being saved - prelude to corrupt save games?

HMCS
01-15-10, 04:51 PM
Running a fairly new machine on Vista, uninstalled reinstalled in its own folder (away from program files); ATI Radeon HD 4850 Series - Dual Core Processor.

When I save and exit, the game doesn't save my navigational waypoints. This is usually a prelude to corrupted save games that won't reload @ all. Fortunately, I always save in port, so career is intact.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Mods loaded per signature

Armistead
01-15-10, 07:58 PM
Well, see if this helps. You're running the wrong version of RSRD with TMO. I believe that version is for RFB, TMO should be 502, also a patch for RSRD that is standard and works for all versions.

The medals fix probably needs to go. I think Ducimas reworked the medals for TMO, but unless that mod has been updated to work with TMO, I wouldn't use it.

I'm not sure if the game saves nav. waypoints upon saves and reloads. I know if I come back I come back to zero speed, but honestly never paid attention if my waypoints were still there, but I think your bad saves are the wrong RSRD version.

See if that helps

HMCS
01-15-10, 08:15 PM
Okay, I may have erred in the mods loaded - I have the version for TMO. I'll ditch the medals and see where it goes. I don't understand why medals would affect save stability, but, c'est la vie.

Your explanation makes sense though - the first patrol saved just fine, and there were no medals on the crew, so I will try saving/resaving w/o medals and see if that helps.

Muchas gracias!

Webster
01-15-10, 08:32 PM
your course isnt saved by the game because everything isnt placed the same when it reloads.

land ships planes can all be 1/4 mile to a mile off when reloaded each time so the game intentionally doesnt save them but they should still be there, you just have to reorder to follow plotted course after reloading. but as i said, things change so make damn sure your course hasnt changed to run over a reef or point of land.