PDA

View Full Version : Enemy Sub

G2B
01-12-10, 09:06 PM
While returning to base down through Makassar Straights in high seas at night we came across a Japanese Sub. Plotted course went to decks awash, crept up to about 900 yards port side aft and let loose with the DG (out of fish :damn:) got some good hits and a couple explosions and they went down, logs reported 1800 ton Japanese sub sunk but how can you tell if they really were sunk? Went to periscope depth looking for any contact hoping to hear breaking up sounds or anything to confirm, found nothing :nope:

Armistead
01-12-10, 09:15 PM
While returning to base down through Makassar Straights in high seas at night we came across a Japanese Sub. Plotted course went to decks awash, crept up to about 900 yards port side aft and let loose with the DG (out of fish :damn:) got some good hits and a couple explosions and they went down, logs reported 1800 ton Japanese sub sunk but how can you tell if they really were sunk? Went to periscope depth looking for any contact hoping to hear breaking up sounds or anything to confirm, found nothing :nope:

If the log says sunk, it's sunk. Most the time it takes quite a time for a sub to go under. I sunk the German sub in Formosa and it stayed on the surface forever. I finally blasted it with the DG and rammed it and it went under...it was sunk, I just wanted to see it go down.

Bubblehead1980
01-13-10, 05:03 PM
Too bad u were out of fish, one torpedo will take out the I boats and U Boats with a VERY nice explosion.Too much fun.Cant wait for the day they can fire torpedos at you.could only imagine having to dodge torpedos from subs, would add to the game in a big way.

KlassenT
01-13-10, 06:34 PM
Too bad u were out of fish, one torpedo will take out the I boats and U Boats with a VERY nice explosion.Too much fun.Cant wait for the day they can fire torpedos at you.could only imagine having to dodge torpedos from subs, would add to the game in a big way.

"Combat Tactics, Mr. Ryan..." :arrgh!:

ETR3(SS)
01-13-10, 08:50 PM
"Combat Tactics, Mr. Ryan..." :arrgh!:That "Combat Tactic" only works in Mr. Clancy's world.:03:

G2B
01-13-10, 09:07 PM

They can't fire torps :shifty: That is what I worried about, that he dove and was going to put a couple into me. No ship sunk icon on the map :nope: either just a log entry.

It was challenging trying to get into a good position to use the DG on him though :arrgh!: