PDA

View Full Version : Lightning and rain

TDK1044
10-06-09, 12:16 PM
I didn't add this to the wish list, because these are two things that in my view must be present in the game rather than just wished for, and they must be realistic.

The winter screen shots look great, Dan, but if I'm in pursuit of a convoy in the middle of an Atlantic storm, with heavy rain, thunder and lightening, it's all got to be really believable.

So please don't have the rain looking like pieces of chalk, and make it react to the wind. :DL

Decoman
10-06-09, 01:08 PM
I wish I had a screenshot to show a moment from SH3. If for nothing else to sort of set a minimum standard if I can be so bold to speak about such things while obviously not working on this game.

What happened was that my listening equipment detected a contact in the North Sea sometime in the evening after darkness had set in.

Weather was bad with high waves, rain and thunder/lightning. Despite loosing the immersion by surfacing among high waves, I decided to pursue this contact that was apparantly going a little too fast for me to catch up while the uboat was submerged.

So I chased the contact while surfaced in bad weather and really poor visibility, and after quite some time, I momentarily see a ship appearing out of the darkness and rain and maybe fog, just ahead of my surfaced and speeding uboat.

The next moment turned into something awful, as the british destroyer now just ahead within say 100m, flipped on its searchlights and opened fire.

It all happened so quick, and shortly after the uboat overtook the destroyer, taking fire as it slid past on starboard side of the destroyer. :yeah:

I was shocked :)

TDK1044
10-06-09, 01:11 PM
I wish I had a screenshot to show a moment from SH3. If for nothing else to sort of set a minimum standard if I can be so bold to speak about such things while obviously not working on this game.

What happened was that my listening equipment detected a contact in the North Sea sometime in the evening after darkness had set in.

Weather was bad with high waves, rain and thunder/lightning. Despite loosing the immersion by surfacing among high waves, I decided to pursue this contact that was apparantly going a little too fast for me to catch up while the uboat was submerged.

So I chased the contact while surfaced in bad weather and really poor visibility, and after quite some time, I momentarily see a ship appearing out of the darkness and rain and maybe fog, just ahead of my surfaced and speeding uboat.

The next moment turned into something awful, as the british destroyer now just ahead within say 100m, flipped on its searchlights and opened fire.

It all happened so quick, and shortly after the uboat overtook the destroyer, taking fire as it slid past on starboard side of the destroyer. :yeah:

I was shocked :)

Fantastic stuff! I had a similar experience. In SHIV though, I never saw any lightning, and the rain was very disappointing.

THE_MASK
10-06-09, 03:40 PM
I put in the wish list that because its first person rain must be affecting the players vision . If its raining then the screen gets blurry and you can put goggles on etc . Your right , it has to be a lot better than sh4 .