PDA

View Full Version : BORING!!!

oscar19681
10-01-09, 10:53 AM
No offence but i check here everyday only to find out there is almost nothing new! Its more like a social discussion forum then in sh-5 informative forum.

AVGWarhawk
10-01-09, 10:54 AM
None taken. Go to the General Topics forums. Lots happen there. :D

SteamWake
10-01-09, 11:00 AM
Meh when there is nothing to talk about talk about soup :woot:

We can pull stuff out of thin air all we have is what is given to us.

mookiemookie
10-01-09, 11:01 AM
If you know of some information that's been released on SH5 that we haven't already seen, then by all means post it. There just isn't any out there. I'd rather they focus on working on the game instead of releasing screenshots of a half finished game anyways.

AVGWarhawk
10-01-09, 11:01 AM
Did someone say soup? :hmmm:

longam
10-01-09, 12:07 PM
http://www.longam.net/sh4/beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

TDK1044
10-01-09, 12:28 PM
No offence but i check here everyday only to find out there is almost nothing new! Its more like a social discussion forum then in sh-5 informative forum.

Pace yourself, oscar. It will be another six months before Dan and his helper elves deliver your "Red Rider carbine-action 200-shot range model BB rifle with a compass in the stock". :)

Kloef
10-01-09, 12:46 PM

ROFL!:rotfl2:

Carotio
10-01-09, 01:54 PM

Manipulation. This was originally a copy or fax machine IIRC...
Which was funny though...
Hitting horses (or other animals) are not funny! :stare:

Wilcke
10-01-09, 01:57 PM
Your worksite IT needs to get on the ball and block this site! Get back to work! Annual reviews are coming! Big brother is watching!

martes86
10-01-09, 02:03 PM
What? We're beating horses now?

:har::har::har:

Task Force
10-01-09, 02:07 PM
sh5 section will get intresting when sh5 is released. not much to talk about right now...

SteamWake
10-01-09, 02:14 PM

What do you mean NOW? Hasent that always been the case? :06:

Highbury
10-01-09, 02:25 PM
Manipulation. This was originally a copy or fax machine IIRC...
Which was funny though...
Hitting horses (or other animals) are not funny! :stare:

I think you may be missing the implied joke.....

You are very fluent in English, but maybe you do not know that when a subject has been talked over to death, we refer to it as "beating a dead horse".....

DigitalAura
10-01-09, 02:42 PM
LOL...when I was in Russia, my translator asked me if I was scared to take the train to Kazan from Moscow (and yes... you should be!) but I told her I was "cool as a cucumber" ... pin ... drop... she had never heard of that colloquialism. She laughed after I explained it and for the rest of the train trip we swapped funny cliches that didn't translate from English to Russian and vice versa. Very entertaining! :O:

mookiemookie
10-01-09, 03:08 PM
The first recorded use of the expression with its modern meaning is by British politician and orator John Bright (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bright), referring to the Reform Bill of 1867, which called for more democratic representation in Parliament (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parliament_of_the_United_Kingdom), and about which Parliament was singularly apathetic. Trying to rouse Parliament from its apathy on the issue, he said in a speech, would be like trying to flog a dead horse to make it pull a load. The Oxford English Dictionary cites The Globe, 1872, as the earliest verifiable use of flogging a dead horse, For..twenty minutes..the Premier..might be said to have rehearsed that..lively operation known as flogging a dead horse.
Interesting tidbit I found on Wiki for the "beating a dead horse" article.

sharkbit
10-01-09, 05:13 PM

In before lock!
(Well......the thread about beating puppies got locked, I figure one about beating ponies will get locked too.) :O:

:)

Morpheus
10-01-09, 05:37 PM
soup, horses ... just don't get the idea of talking about submarines in here :har:

and don't you get the idea of making any submarine rp in here...

... i dare you :arrgh!:

"XO, take her to periscope! I want to take a look around..."

*yourturn*

martes86
10-01-09, 05:49 PM
What do you mean NOW? Hasent that always been the case? :06:

I thought we beat people. :O:

I think you may be missing the implied joke.....

You are very fluent in English, but maybe you do not know that when a subject has been talked over to death, we refer to it as "beating a dead horse".....

I missed the meaning too, though I laughed anyways seeing as it was a joke. :D

I thought one just said of talking about something "to death", "to infinity"... interesting use for beating a dead horse. :rotfl2:

longam
10-01-09, 06:00 PM
In before lock!
(Well......the thread about beating puppies got locked, I figure one about beating ponies will get locked too.) :O:

:)

interesting how people read what they want to read and skip the rest

Safe-Keeper
10-02-09, 06:09 PM
1. Go to general forums.
2. Mention religion.
3. Fun ensues.

Arclight
10-03-09, 03:35 AM
Either that or make a political statement. :lol:

Takeda Shingen
10-03-09, 05:42 AM
I thought that subsimmers were supposed to be an inherently patient group. Oscar, there will be plenty to talk about when there is plenty to talk about. What really will make the next six months or so feel like an eternity will be people freaking out about a lack of new information every 48 hours.

Really, just calm down.