PDA

View Full Version : Pre-order SH5 here / Questions about Pre-ordering

Webster
09-28-09, 10:34 PM
PLEASE USE THIS LINK TO ORDER SH5 THROUGH THE SUBSIM STORE SO NEAL GETS A CONTRIBUTION TO HELP SUPPORT THIS SITE

US (http://www.subsim.com/store.html#sh5) ORDER HERE (http://www.subsim.com/store.html#sh5)
http://www.subsim.com/ssr/images/store.10.jpg (http://www.subsim.com/store.html#sh5)

http://www.subsim.com/graphics/links/store.1.gif (http://www.subsim.com/store_uk.html)United Kingdom Subsim Store (http://www.subsim.com/store_uk.html)

http://www.subsim.com/graphics/links/store.2.gif (http://www.subsim.com/store_de.html)GERMANY SUBSIM STORE (http://www.subsim.com/store_de.html)

selfhighfi
12-03-09, 02:04 PM
I am realy interested in preordring but if an when ubisoft annouces a collecters addition we could all be sunk.

Webster
12-03-09, 03:38 PM
and if ubisoft annouces a backlog and long wait due to high demand, you could also be sunk if you dont preorder so....

it all depends on how bad you want it or if you can wait

Onkel Neal
12-03-09, 05:00 PM
I would defintely not preorder until 2 weeks before the game is about to be released.

Jimbuna
12-03-09, 06:14 PM
I would defintely not preorder until 2 weeks before the game is about to be released.

Then give serious consideration to doing it via SS.....support the community http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif

selfhighfi
12-03-09, 07:30 PM
Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but really hope for a collecters edition maybe, a special subsim edition for us loyal fans.

Von Hinten
12-08-09, 12:58 PM
If they release a collectors edition later on I'll just follow the same strategy I did with SHIV: get both. :up:

Sailor Steve
12-08-09, 01:35 PM
Then give serious consideration to doing it via SS.....support the community http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif
That's right Neal! I don't think you support SubSim enough!:rotfl2:

MaciejK
12-20-09, 05:27 AM
I there would be a collector's edition to be released and it would be possible to get it via Subsim I'll do so.

Webster
12-20-09, 06:57 PM
i like that idea but you may not see that for a while, maybe a year even

Sniper297
12-21-09, 11:12 PM
Well, we got a projected recommended system, but since mine isn't up to that I gotta see the actual minimum system specs before I can pre order anything. What I got now;

OS: Windows XP Media (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
Model: Dell DXP051
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2046MB RAM
DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Video: Radeon X550 256.0 MB
ATI Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6925

Sound: SigmaTel Audio
sthda.sys Driver Version: 5.10.4823.0000 (English)

Runs SH IV pretty good if I disable volumetric fog, but I don't know if it will run SH V at all.

Webster
12-22-09, 02:04 PM
Well, we got a projected recommended system, but since mine isn't up to that I gotta see the actual minimum system specs before I can pre order anything. What I got now;

i think you will likely have really slow fps at times with that 256mb video card but i think it will be able to run the game because i dont expect any really big requirements for sh5 so that it doesnt require major upgrades

VirtualVikingX
12-25-09, 06:20 AM
Mods can you check out this thread:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=159435&highlight=steam

I am wondering if it is allowed to discuss alternatives regarding ordering of SH5. There is also a thread here about UK Amazon having a preorder offer.

Thanks!

Webster
12-25-09, 10:02 AM
Mods can you check out this thread:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=159435&highlight=steam

I am wondering if it is allowed to discuss alternatives regarding ordering of SH5. There is also a thread here about UK Amazon having a preorder offer.

Thanks!

it was already closed by the modderator reallydeadpoet on 12/22/09 so its already settled and he explained the rules at that time as well.

Sorry I am going to have to close this one.

From the SUBSIM FAQ:
Can I sell my book/game/stuff here? No, unless you receive specific permission from the Admin. We also advise against advertising or referring to other online game stores. This may seem greedy but this website costs several hundred dollars a month to keep online! We need all the help we can get and selling submarine and computer games helps. If you want to advertise for the competition, start your own forum and have at it.

Thanks.

its one thing to point out a website or link to one in response to a posted request and we look the other way with that sort of info being given out but you shouldnt freely advertise such info if its not requested or do any advertising to go other places because it hurts subsim if they dont get the small amount of revenue they do get from sales linked through this sites store.

Ark
01-04-10, 12:01 AM
and if ubisoft annouces a backlog and long wait due to high demand, you could also be sunk if you dont preorder so....

it all depends on how bad you want it or if you can wait

Or a person could buy it through Digital Dowload.....since we have the internet in 2010 and all. lol :D

kptn_kaiserhof
01-04-10, 10:54 AM
i cant wait for the release day

Platapus
01-07-10, 06:29 PM

Is your substore still dealing through Amazon.com?

If so, I am sorry Neal, not going to order it through your site. I have had too many bad issues with Amazon. :damn: However, when I do buy it, I will make another nice donation. Will that be ok?

Webster
01-07-10, 06:57 PM
Or a person could buy it through Digital Dowload.....since we have the internet in 2010 and all. lol :D

yep, theres always some way to find what you want if you look hard enough.

but i dont like downloads at all, if you knew all the stories i have heard about one time or limited number activation codes and corrupted downloads that customer service doesnt want to let you redownload or they tell you to buy another activation code for it, at full price lol.

well to each his own but i wouldnt recommend it, even if your smart enough copy it to disk so you dont lose the download, there are many stories of registrations that cant be reused even thou no mention was made about one time or limited number activation code.

is download version simple and easy? yes

is it convienient? yes

have i bought download only games before? yes

but its also taking a big risk, if you have ever been unfortunate enough to have had a purchased download get interupted before its complete then you will find they treat you like your trying to steal a second copy of the game from them so you better know who your buying it from and check for any complaints of reactivation issues with other customers first.

Webster
01-07-10, 07:05 PM

If so, I am sorry Neal, not going to order it through your site. I have had too many bad issues with Amazon. :damn: However, when I do buy it, I will make another nice donation. Will that be ok?

neal may not get back to you right away but i think its safe to say the answers to your questions are yes and yes

subsim store goes through amazon and as long as subsim gets a little help thats all neal cares about so it wont hurt his feelings if you dont like amazon.

i personally never had any problems with buying direct from the amazon store but some individuals selling there may be shady just like at any site so you just need to be carefull.

ebay is a con mans heaven IMO but i havent had any bad experiences with amazon so far.

Onkel Neal
01-07-10, 08:24 PM

Sure, thanks.:shucks:

VirtualVikingX
01-08-10, 02:50 AM
yep, theres always some way to find what you want if you look hard enough.

but i dont like downloads at all, if you knew all the stories i have heard about one time or limited number activation codes and corrupted downloads that customer service doesnt want to let you redownload or they tell you to buy another activation code for it, at full price lol.

well to each his own but i wouldnt recommend it, even if your smart enough copy it to disk so you dont lose the download, there are many stories of registrations that cant be reused even thou no mention was made about one time or limited number activation code.

is download version simple and easy? yes

is it convienient? yes

have i bought download only games before? yes

but its also taking a big risk, if you have ever been unfortunate enough to have had a purchased download get interupted before its complete then you will find they treat you like your trying to steal a second copy of the game from them so you better know who your buying it from and check for any complaints of reactivation issues with other customers first.

Have you checked out the Steam content delivery service? No risk as long as they dont go broke. Hehe.

fromhell
01-08-10, 11:51 PM
amazon uk have this game set for sale on march the 5th:D
i have found over the years that they pretty much get their dates correct.
mine is ordered:yeah:

Sailor Steve
01-09-10, 02:05 AM
Did you order through Subsim's Amazon link?

JScones
01-09-10, 11:32 PM
Do we know yet if there will be a deluxe edition like there was with SH4? That's what I'm waiting to find out. Lack of a listing on amazon or other online game stores by now would perhaps suggest not, but still...

amazon uk have this game set for sale on march the 5th:D
i have found over the years that they pretty much get their dates correct.
mine is ordered:yeah:
And with a 33% discount off the price. :o

Jimbuna
01-10-10, 10:47 AM
Do we know yet if there will be a deluxe edition like there was with SH4? That's what I'm waiting to find out. Lack of a listing on amazon or other online game stores by now would perhaps suggest not, but still...

And with a 33% discount off the price. :o

+ free delivery :hmmm:

Gets one wondering who the confident parties are :DL

clocky
01-13-10, 04:21 AM
not going to pre-order and if it's not better then SH3 not going to buy it also. waiting for the *public* reviews. learned my lesson with silent hunter 4.

Uber Gruber
01-13-10, 11:05 AM
Can I pre-order it for FREE and then pay for it once i've finished beta testing it ?

Will I get all the patches for free if I buy it (unlike SH4 where we had to, and still have to, pay for the latest patch ?

Sailor Steve
01-13-10, 01:54 PM
I'll be ordering it as soon as my finances allow. And like SH3 I'll likely have the game long before I can afford a computer that will run it.

As for the above comments, I don't feel "burned" by SH4 at all. Some areas could be improved, sure, but overall it's an improvement. And I didn't pay for the last patch either - I payed for the U-boat add-on, and the chance to play a German career with the wonderful OM mod. Five years ago SH3 was also considered a "burn". The attacks were every bit as bad as the ones on SH4, just in case anyone has forgotten.

So I'll preorder SH5, hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and take what I get with a sense of humor. The price of the game is less than the price of a quality family dinner or night at the movies for four, and will last a lot longer. In fact, the joy of bitching about it will probably be worth the price all by itself. Now, that's entertainment!

TDK1044
01-13-10, 02:39 PM
I'll be ordering it as soon as my finances allow. And like SH3 I'll likely have the game long before I can afford a computer that will run it.

As for the above comments, I don't feel "burned" by SH4 at all. Some areas could be improved, sure, but overall it's an improvement. And I didn't pay for the last patch either - I payed for the U-boat add-on, and the chance to play a German career with the wonderful OM mod. Five years ago SH3 was also considered a "burn". The attacks were every bit as bad as the ones on SH4, just in case anyone has forgotten.

So I'll preorder SH5, hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and take what I get with a sense of humor. The price of the game is less than the price of a quality family dinner or night at the movies for four, and will last a lot longer. In fact, the joy of bitching about it will probably be worth the price all by itself. Now, that's entertainment!

:yeah:

Jimbuna
01-15-10, 09:33 AM

Spoken/typed lika a true subsimmer http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

AtlantikEel
01-21-10, 12:10 AM
Whether it be done by Ubisoft, or the modders, I believe that SH5 will eventually progress to wars' end, and will eventually include all of the missing boat types. Until that time, SH3/GWX will remain on my pc, alongside SH5.
I have pre-ordered SH5.

Jeff Bulmer
01-21-10, 06:56 AM
I've put my pre-order in via the link. I've only recently come back to playing SH 4 and it's whetted my appetite for the latest version.... looking forward to it!

Uber Gruber
01-21-10, 09:15 AM
Can we send it back for a refund if we don't like it ? I can do that at the shops and I believe in the EU there is a time period in which a buyer can return goods purchased online for an instant refund without any need for a reason - so does this also apply here ?

Onkel Neal
01-21-10, 09:27 PM
Can we send it back for a refund if we don't like it ? I can do that at the shops and I believe in the EU there is a time period in which a buyer can return goods purchased online for an instant refund without any need for a reason - so does this also apply here ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_ln_rr_ri/?nodeId=1161002

I would wait, however, and see how the reviews are before ordering.

Herz
01-22-10, 12:08 AM
I'll pre-order through Subsim for sure. This site has helped made my SH games absolutely fantastic.

:salute:

LiveGoat
01-22-10, 04:15 AM
Agreed! I've doubled my visits to this forum in just a week to eavesdrop on all the speculation. Many a good time has been had following the drama ramping up to a game's release (Descent to Undermountain, anyone?) usually rivalling the fun had of playing the game itself.

In fact, the joy of bitching about it will probably be worth the price all by itself. Now, that's entertainment!

Mikhayl
01-22-10, 04:36 AM
For Europeans this game might just be a steal. On Amazon France I see it listed at 49.95€, but on Amazon UK it's at 26.99£ which is roughly 31€, and postage from the UK for a single DVD is probably no much more expensive than domestic shipping :up:

Uber Gruber
01-22-10, 08:34 AM
For Europeans this game might just be a steal. On Amazon France I see it listed at 49.95€, but on Amazon UK it's at 26.99£ which is roughly 31€, and postage from the UK for a single DVD is probably no much more expensive than domestic shipping :up:

Excellent! Est-ce-que c'est possible de l'acheter a subsim.com mais au prix anglais ?

Mikhayl
01-22-10, 08:45 AM
Looks that way, not sure how it works but it seems just clicking the Amazon link in there does the trick: http://www.subsim.com/store_uk.html (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/../store_uk.html)

And your French is terrific man :D

Uber Gruber
01-22-10, 09:23 AM
Merci mon pot, c'est tres gentil de ta part....j'ai passe 6 ans en france, y compris un an a Brest :up:

Mikhayl
01-22-10, 09:35 AM
Breasts are awesome, and Brest isn't bad either, I spent my last summer vacations in Camaret nearby, great place. Paris is so damn depressing :yawn:

Affront7
01-22-10, 09:12 PM
Does anyone know if the collectors editon being shown on Amazon is on DVD rather then download, I'd much rather have the hardcopy and not download, also don't won't to install steam on system but very intrested in getting the collectors edition but is no info on Amazon about it?

Thanks in advance for any info and advice can provide,

cheres :)

Webster
01-23-10, 03:21 AM
Does anyone know if the collectors editon being shown on Amazon is on DVD rather then download, I'd much rather have the hardcopy and not download, also don't won't to install steam on system but very intrested in getting the collectors edition but is no info on Amazon about it?

Thanks in advance for any info and advice can provide,

cheres :)

anytime you shop at amazon there is a link to send the seller an email so you can ask him directly to be sure about what you are getting

rededge
01-23-10, 04:33 AM
Pre-ordered this morning through this website!

Not long now... :up:

Affront7
01-23-10, 11:26 AM
Oops missed the section in the tittle saying (PC DVD) :oops: thanks anyway for the help

Dallas
01-23-10, 03:46 PM
Mine is ordered, or should I say, pre-ordered.

mountainmanUK
01-24-10, 04:55 PM
Just preordered my copy through the SS / Amazon link.:DL

Can't wait until March to rekindle my affair with the Silent Hunter series.....after about 12 months away.

Jimbuna
01-25-10, 04:11 PM
Just preordered my copy through the SS / Amazon link.:DL

Can't wait until March to rekindle my affair with the Silent Hunter series.....after about 12 months away.

Welcome back matey http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

danurve
01-26-10, 01:14 PM
This might not make sence to some but what are the chances Direct2Drive can do a pre-order though this site? Then when it's ready just log on and D/L the game. I would prefer the D/L over DvD, not that it's a big deal. If not then I'm wondering when it would be, a link for SH5 here from D2D like there is for SH4?

Webster
01-26-10, 01:23 PM
This might not make sence to some but what are the chances Direct2Drive can do a pre-order though this site? Then when it's ready just log on and D/L the game. I would prefer the D/L over DvD, not that it's a big deal. If not then I'm wondering when it would be, a link for SH5 here from D2D like there is for SH4?

preordering is for disks that you can run out of and cant get more right away.

downloads are never going to run out or be limited in supply so there is no need for any kind of preorder with them.

another note is it depends who ubi is marketting the game with so it may or may not be direct2drive but whatever company ubi uses for online versions (if they even have them) they will be advertising it.

danurve
01-26-10, 01:59 PM
I appriciate the responce Webster, I was just thinking what would it matter to drum up business either way and support this site at the same time. Oh well.

Haven't pre-ordered as of yet. Was just about to. Not convinced about these DRM rumors I'm reading.

If they turn out to be true ..
1. Nevermind.