PDA

View Full Version : SH5 water must be more realistic than this video

W_clear
09-21-09, 08:44 PM
SH5 water must be more realistic than this video

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/h_CMCuUnCcs/ (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/h_CMCuUnCcs/)

Reece
09-21-09, 09:12 PM
SH4 water is a step backwards from SH3 IMO, looks like jello!!:x especially at sunrise/sunset, the water is almost black with silver crests, yuck!!:-? The only problem with SH3 water is the pattern of the block rows!:yep:

ncorpuz34
09-22-09, 01:43 AM
Wow, is that a new version of RE?

karamazovnew
09-22-09, 02:25 AM
W_clear, what have you been hiding from us?! What version is that?!

W_clear
09-22-09, 05:18 AM
W_clear, what have you been hiding from us?! What version is that?!

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=151592:DL

SteamWake
09-22-09, 12:20 PM
Looks like normal SH4 to me /shrug

FIREWALL
09-22-09, 12:25 PM
If you want to stare at water. Fill up a glass with it.

It's cheaper. :haha:

JU_88
09-22-09, 06:30 PM
If you want to stare at water. Fill up a glass with it.

It's cheaper. :haha:

Damn it firewall - now i need the toilet :stare:

Brag
09-22-09, 07:50 PM
Nothing much wrong with the video's water. It has that Pacific ocean feel to it. I have several hundred days of staring at the water. That's not counting the time spent watching land based toilets flush. :haha:

nattydread
09-22-09, 09:02 PM
The best looking sea Ive seen anywhere...amazing. Its enough to possibly get me back on SHIV...I'll have to re-check the mods page.

tonschk
09-23-09, 05:07 AM
Very Well Done :DL :woot:" W_Clear " :yeah: :up: You are my " HERO " Congratulations :rock:

Brag
09-24-09, 04:54 PM
After checking it out on full screen, here are a few comments:

1.-Water is too crystal clear for North Atlantic and North Sea.
2.-Bow wave and stern wake not better than SH3
3.-Under overcast sky wake too bright.
4.-Sunny day sparkle lacking at a distance (just a little bit).

Over all, very good. Getting close to that perfect rendition of the sea.
A few touch ups and it will be a great environment for SH5.

Note: In murky water on a sunny day late morning to early afternoon. A submarine's shadow can be seen from the air when the sub is less than 30 meters deep.

(that's what happened to U-505, airplanes spotted its shadow)

martes86
09-24-09, 05:51 PM
A little bit (don't know if anyone mentioned it, sorry if repeating): SH5's ocean waves are now made in 3D. :DL

Reece
09-25-09, 01:14 AM
SH5's ocean waves are now made in 3D. :DLThat's the first I've heard, most excellent!!:yeah:
Thanks.

Navarre
09-25-09, 05:21 AM
SH5's ocean waves are now made in 3D. :DL
Can you explain what that mean?
In SH3/4 it was also a mesh with xyz vectors, ie. 3D, and the waves were generated by moving these vectors in amount per frame based on a formular using Gerstner Waves or similar.

martes86
09-25-09, 06:14 AM
Can you explain what that mean?

Yeah, sorry I didn't put that too well.
The wake the boat leaves behind, the waves it generates, those are actually made 3D in realtime if I understood correctly. :DL
In SH3 and 4, the usual waves from the corresponding sea state were already in 3D, but the waves didn't react to the boat's movement, they just moved with the weather conditions, nothing more. Now, boats generate their own waves based on their movement apart from the waves we got with the sea state.

Oh, and there are also shore waves. :)

I don't know if I explained it better, feel free to ask again. :rock:

Navarre
09-25-09, 06:54 AM
The wake the boat leaves behind, the waves it generates, those are actually made 3D in realtime if I understood correctly.
Ahh, thank you! Like the PhysX boat waves in PT:Boats:up:

makman94
09-26-09, 03:02 AM
Yeah, sorry I didn't put that too well.
The wake the boat leaves behind, the waves it generates, those are actually made 3D in realtime if I understood correctly. :DL
In SH3 and 4, the usual waves from the corresponding sea state were already in 3D, but the waves didn't react to the boat's movement, they just moved with the weather conditions, nothing more. Now, boats generate their own waves based on their movement apart from the waves we got with the sea state.

Oh, and there are also shore waves. :)

I don't know if I explained it better, feel free to ask again. :rock:

hello Martes86,

Thats really nice you are saying here but let me ask you from where (source) did you get this info ?

bye

Arclight
09-26-09, 04:56 AM
Think it was one of the details confirmed by Neal on the twitter page during the meet. You can actually spot it yourself in the screenshots of the boat in the harbor.

Think I was the first to spot it. :smug:

McBeck
09-29-09, 07:36 AM
hello Martes86,

Thats really nice you are saying here but let me ask you from where (source) did you get this info ?

bye
Was shown in the Subsim meet in Copenhagen

makman94
09-29-09, 11:22 AM
Think it was one of the details confirmed by Neal on the twitter page during the meet.

Was shown in the Subsim meet in Copenhagen

thank you , that is really good

V.C. Sniper
09-29-09, 09:15 PM
With a big majority of people here having powerful GPUs, I would love to see some awesome GPU accelerated physics and other effects in SH5. Water/Liquid simulation!!!???

THE_MASK
09-29-09, 11:04 PM
I think the devs said they are bringing the game up to 2009 specs , so i would imagine the ocean/water will be pretty amazing . I mean real time wakes generated by the subs/ships and beach waves are going to be awesome .

Adriatico
09-30-09, 06:28 PM
I think the devs said they are bringing the game up to 2009 specs , so i would imagine the ocean/water will be pretty amazing . I mean real time wakes generated by the subs/ships and beach waves are going to be awesome .

Hopefully like this:
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/7880/wavescopy.jpg

Do we ask too much ?
:o

THE_MASK
09-30-09, 06:42 PM
I hope i wont need a sobers 3d waves mod :arrgh!:

Reece
09-30-09, 11:42 PM
I hope i wont need a sobers 3d waves mod :arrgh!:So do I!! ..... hee hee!! ..... That a bit rude!!:haha: I'm a naughty boy,:oops: I get these ideas from Jim!!:yep:

Adriatico
10-01-09, 06:15 AM
Actually... you Aussies could invate SH5 dev. team to attend "Sidney to Hobart" race...:o to get familiar with some real storms and waves - before final 3D modeling...

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8913/wavey.jpg

Jimbuna, sober, Venatore, Reece,... do you have some spare pocket money ?
:03:

Reece
10-01-09, 08:16 AM
Look .... a green Atlantic!!:yeah: And btw Jim's a Pom!! actually a Bobby, so you have to be on your best behavior!:yep: