PDA

View Full Version : Three cheers for the Mighty Danes

Onkel Neal
09-21-09, 01:42 PM
I want to tip my hat in thanks to McBeck for hosting this meet. He went to a lot of trouble to arrange the sub and ship tours, getting the guides, making sure we didn't get lost or miss anything, working with Peter to get us two full days aboard Nautilus, setting up our big group dinner, his help with the Mysterious Metro Ten trip ticket thing...it helps to be a rocket scientist to grasp the Copenhagen public transport system. Jon, you are my hero as well as my friend.

To Lars (Carotio) for his profoundly awesome work arranging the Subsim Bus and ferry schedule, for driving us across the whole of Denmark and Germany to Laboe and back, his daily guide work to and from various metro and trains (still have not managed to find the Udgang station...:doh:). You are top rate, my friend.

To Klause and Oliver, for your help with transportation and the boat. You guys really made the trip fun, and I appreciate your participation and thoughfulness.

Finally, to Peter Madsen. I thought before the trip that the Big Deal would be diving aboard the Nautilus, but I was mistaken. The big deal was meeting you, Peter. You are that rare combination of visionary, leader, and inspirationation figure. I salute you for your work and accomplishments and I will treasure the cross harbor voyage in your worthy boat for the rest of my life.

Ok, guys, let's hear it for the Danes! :rock:

AVGWarhawk
09-21-09, 01:58 PM
Nice job fellas. One day I hope to enjoy such a trip. :up:

martes86
09-21-09, 02:36 PM
I want to tip my hat in thanks to McBeck for hosting this meet. He went to a lot of trouble to arrange the sub and ship tours, getting the guides, making sure we didn't get lost or miss anything, working with Peter to get us two full days aboard Nautilus, setting up our big group dinner, his help with the Mysterious Metro Ten trip ticket thing...it helps to be a rocket scientist to grasp the Copenhagen public transport system. Jon, you are my hero as well as my friend.

To Lars (Carotio) for his profoundly awesome work arranging the Subsim Bus and ferry schedule, for driving us across the whole of Denmark and Germany to Laboe and back, his daily guide work to and from various metro and trains (still have not managed to find the Udgang station...:doh:). You are top rate, my friend.

To Klause and Oliver, for your help with transportation and the boat. You guys really made the trip fun, and I appreciate your participation and thoughfulness.

Finally, to Peter Madsen. I thought before the trip that the Big Deal would be diving aboard the Nautilus, but I was mistaken. The big deal was meeting you, Peter. You are that rare combination of visionary, leader, and inspirationation figure. I salute you for your work and accomplishments and I will treasure the cross harbor voyage in your worthy boat for the rest of my life.

:yep: :salute:

ReallyDedPoet
09-21-09, 02:39 PM
Nice job fellas. Once day I hope to enjoy such a trip. :up:

:yep::up:

longam
09-21-09, 03:38 PM
:yeah:

Carotio
09-21-09, 03:57 PM

You're welcome. That's just my nature, to help friends. Which suits my forum name just fine, Caro tio, your beloved/yours dearly.
My brother's name is Claus, not Klause. As in Santa Claus :03:

"Udgang"? That means "exit" :haha: (ud = out, gang = noun for the place where you walk. This is one of the few words of the germanic English, which just doesn't share the origin of the germanic word.)

martes86
09-21-09, 07:23 PM
"Udgang"? That means "exit" :haha: (ud = out, gang = noun for the place where you walk. This is one of the few words of the germanic English, which just doesn't share the origin of the germanic word.)

It does share origin with German itself though.
Udgang = Ausgang
X = Eingang

I think I knew this the whole time, lol.

:DL

Chad
09-21-09, 08:51 PM
Cheers :|\\

Trip of a lifetime

Bas Langenhof
09-22-09, 04:05 AM

I want to thank you all for making this trip happen, and make it so easy for us. :up:
I am so glad I was there.

Greetz,
Bas

horsa
09-22-09, 05:33 AM
Hats off to the Danes. :salute:

A remarkable country, a remarkable city and a remarkable tour. :rock:

Lifetime memories. :up:

elanaiba
09-22-09, 05:48 AM
Cheers from the romanian devs :)

The meet was great and we went there without a care, all because some guys took time from their own life to arrange everything - including our presentation.

So... John, Lars, Peter, Claus and Oliver - we are in debt to you.

Dan

Von Hinten
09-22-09, 06:14 AM
Thanks a bunch guys, you've made this trip a once in a lifetime experience I'm not likely ever to forget. :salute:

McBeck
09-22-09, 06:45 AM
My pleasure! It was a great to have you guys visit :D

Dan D
09-22-09, 11:51 AM
Thank you very much, guys. This was great!

The feeling of being on holiday is still there and I don't feel like going back to work.

I guess I will prolong tomorrow's coffee break by showing some pics to my working colleagues and I will brag with my dive with the Nautilus.

limkol
09-22-09, 03:06 PM
Yeah, thanks to you all. I've not stopped talking about the trip. Even my cat is avoiding me.:up: