PDA

View Full Version : SH-5 capture

oscar19681
09-20-09, 08:37 PM
Here is an idea for the dev,s . Why not feature a capture feature so the enemy AI can capture you and your men at the surface when surrendering or other certain conditions? It could be like you can see in 3-d that you are captured while the mission end screen pops up. I cant help getting intrigued by the u-505 fact.

ETR3(SS)
09-20-09, 10:09 PM
A real Captain would get the crew off...then scuttle the boat!

FIREWALL
09-20-09, 10:35 PM
Try the wish thread.:haha:

SteamWake
09-21-09, 08:56 AM
It would be nice to see an alternate ending than "Your dead" or "Your retired".

U2222
09-22-09, 09:15 AM
Here is an idea for the dev,s . Why not feature a capture feature so the enemy AI can capture you and your men at the surface when surrendering or other certain conditions? It could be like you can see in 3-d that you are captured while the mission end screen pops up. I cant help getting intrigued by the u-505 fact.

Now is that being negative or positive?
I've never had a chance to surrender.
It usually ends sinking below crush depth with major flooding.

oscar19681
09-22-09, 10:33 AM
Now is that being negative or positive?
I've never had a chance to surrender.
It usually ends sinking below crush depth with major flooding.

Never had the situation where you had no other chance then to blow main ballast tanks?

U2222
09-22-09, 10:41 AM
Motto of 'Never Surrender' means it's usually too late by the time I change my mind!!:)

Schultz
09-22-09, 11:16 AM
Never surrender,blow the sub up and don't let the brits or american get theyr hands on the Enygma. That could be an ideea.

Morpheus
09-22-09, 01:28 PM
indeed, even when restarting career or from last savepoint, getting blown to pices when emergency-surfacing is a little depressing to see/feel.

A decent outro, even when the boat is lost already, would be nice...

but i think that was discussed in wishlist already.

cheers
morph

Snestorm
09-22-09, 09:10 PM
Very good idé.
Being DCed to the point of having both electric and diesel engines destroyed in the middle of St. George's Channel, and the rest of the boat on death's bed, left me no choice but to blow balast, abandon ship and scuttle.
There was enough time to get the crew off and scuttle before being rammed by a DD.
SH3 still said "All hands lost".

kptn_kaiserhof
09-26-09, 01:10 PM
i fight to the death

Platapus
09-26-09, 01:41 PM
It would be nice to see an alternate ending than "Your dead" or "Your retired".

The one and only time I ever did a full war career I was very disappointed at the ending.

Brag
09-27-09, 07:22 AM
The one and only time I ever did a full war career I was very disappointed at the ending.

When the war ends, one should be allowed to sail to a port. Maybe sneak into neutral port to avoid surrendering.:yep:

Jimbuna
09-27-09, 08:00 AM
When the war ends, one should be allowed to sail to a port. Maybe sneak into neutral port to avoid surrendering.:yep:

Only if you promise your not carrying contraband, gold or illegal immigrants :DL