PDA

View Full Version : One thing i'd like to see in SH5.

Lt.Fillipidis
09-07-09, 04:30 PM
The option to warn the ships before torpedoing them, seeing the sailors abandoning the boat and assist them if i like.
One of the finest features i'd say!

Rafael
09-08-09, 12:57 PM
The option to warn the ships before torpedoing them, seeing the sailors abandoning the boat and assist them if i like.

Not at all! Warning a ship before sending it to the "Keller" ??? :arrgh!:

I would like to see sailors abandoning a ship ... :yep:

We would NEVER assist sailors. BdU ORDERS! :yep:

Hitman
09-08-09, 02:54 PM
Wrong forum, I'm shifting the thread to the correct one. :up:

P.D. I'd also like to see that in SH5 ;)

DigitalAura
09-08-09, 03:05 PM
I think that was more of a WW1 protocol, not WW2, was it not?

Webster
09-08-09, 03:20 PM

that could be quite interesting, :hmmm: especially if you had the occassional raider impersonating a merchant and it opens the gun platforms and starts blasting you. :o

Rhodes
09-08-09, 04:37 PM
I think that was more of a WW1 protocol, not WW2, was it not?

No, it was also in the begining of WW2, as Bdu says, Prize Rules are still in vigour!

karamazovnew
09-08-09, 05:21 PM
Late....:haha: But I'm glad to see this idea has support :up:

Suppose you don't just torpedo lone ships, but, at least in the early days of the war, you can signal them to stop and search them for war material, be able to interact with the life boats, report the sinking on open frequency, signal ships that you will not attack them if they pick up survivors, etc. For example after meeting a small convoy of 1 patrol craft, 1 tanker, a cargo and a small passanger ship, I manage to sink all but the passanger ship which ran like a coward while the other crews were drowning. Such actions would raise your renown with the enemy and determine how well you'd be treated if you had to abandon ship.

Taken from here http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1162565&postcount=3