PDA

View Full Version : Influence of SH players on SH5

Kloef
09-05-09, 06:30 AM
He guys

Been away for a couple of weeks,and i come back and i see the SH5 section just being filled and filled with 'i want this,i want that'....

Realise that if the developers would really take all of this into account(and some requests are just silly)they would need another decade to finish their game...

I'm getting worried that this game will be dissapointing for so many people who want their thingy in the game...really worrying...

JU_88
09-05-09, 07:20 AM
I'll think you'll find that devs welcome certain suggestions. They are a good bunch, who genuinely want to give it there best.
Yes, due to time constraints and limited budget, many suggestions (or I wants) will not make it, either because they are too difficult to implement or aren't all that important to most people.
I think 90% of people here are understand this perfectly well.

Sure- I agree that anyone who sets themselves unrealisicly high expectations is setting them self up for dissapointment, there are always a few people like that every where you go.

I would not worry about it.

Jimbuna
09-05-09, 07:35 AM
Precisely.....the devs will be reading this page with a high level of interest and curiosity I suspect.

You could say this section is a kind of barometer, a way of measuring what people would like/expect.

Once the figures are in I presume the calculations or assessment regarding what is achievable and what is not, will be made.

The more suggestions/feedback posted, the better a picture the dev team will have to decide upon.

scrapser
09-05-09, 07:40 AM
You would think with all the research that's been done over the years that SH5 would only require the effort of implementing the new game and graphics code. I think by now we all know the various sub types, weapons, ships, planes, weather, environments and so on. I'm sure the studio has at least some form of reference library they can draw from and a lot of that information can come from what modders have taken upon themselves to learn and verify.

In short, there must be a knowledge base for reference and development. Or maybe I'm mistaken and the wheel is reinvented with each iteration. I wouldn't be surprised.

mookiemookie
09-05-09, 07:51 AM
You would think with all the research that's been done over the years that SH5 would only require the effort of implementing the new game and graphics code. I think by now we all know the various sub types, weapons, ships, planes, weather, environments and so on. I'm sure the studio has at least some form of reference library they can draw from and a lot of that information can come from what modders have taken upon themselves to learn and verify.

In short, there must be a knowledge base for reference and development. Or maybe I'm mistaken and the wheel is reinvented with each iteration. I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm sure that we the players will benefit from our Romanian friends already having worked on SH3 and seen GWX and other mods. As you said, a lot of the research is already done and they've been hanging around the forums long enough to know what's important to us. I'm not worried.

karamazovnew
09-05-09, 09:46 AM
I'm not worried either. I'm just impatient.

Of course we've asked for a lot. I've been reading the threads myself and thinking "Hold on, this idea is great. But I wouldn't even play the game if it had this other idea implemented". But what we provide them is a greater image of what we expect about the game and they draw their own conclusions based on what sells best. About 90% of the requests here would easily be modded into the game if we're allowed to script the game after that.

Webster
09-05-09, 09:58 AM
the devs are and have been very much paying attention to our wish lists and complaints/requests for any ideas and posible oversights they might miss. they are reading with much intrest about what we would like to see done and i truely believe they want to give us as much of what we ask for as they can if it can be done in the time constraints and budget they have.

while most of us do understand the devs will do it their way anyway, maybe we can (and i think we already have) bring up things they can correct or change at this time while its still in developement.

if you want to know who these devs are that are reading and partisipatinhg in these discussions of many threads and topics about sh5 "wants" then look at the left by their name, the devs are from Romania. when they can they tells us or hint about certain things we are discussing

Payoff
09-05-09, 11:12 AM
Imagine if the "I want this" crowd would have been silent about a dynamic campaign before SHIII's release. :hmmm:

Payoff

Kloef
09-05-09, 11:22 AM
I agree with the fact that the developers do a great job watching what we got to say and want in SH5,i'm just worried that it will add to the dissapointment for some of the people here,that's all..

Jimbuna
09-05-09, 11:32 AM
I agree with the fact that the developers do a great job watching what we got to say and want in SH5,i'm just worried that it will add to the dissapointment for some of the people here,that's all..

I doubt it's possible to please all the people all of the time....one size will never fit all.

The community is more than mature/experienced enough to recognise if an admirable amount of work and effort has been committed to the project.

My guess is that there will be.

java`s revenge
09-05-09, 11:39 AM
Kloef you are absolutely right !

The only thing i ask to the developers is let it be
realistic.

Sailor Steve
09-05-09, 01:24 PM
Yes, the devs do listen, and try to create a sim that will be realistic, yet appeal to a more casual crowd; will take into account all our requests, yet distinguish between what helps the game and what is just fluff. There are things I would love to see but will never mention because they are just my own wishes, and wouldn't really aid the game.

Almost all of us will be disappointed by the inclusion of one thing or the exclusion of another. I'm hoping they pay attention to the really important parts, and leave it open for others to add the fluff.

TDK1044
09-05-09, 01:53 PM
The Devs get good feedback and ideas from the members of this Forum. Going back to the early days of Silent Hunter 4, Dave's original 'Living Breathing Ocean' mod was pure genius...a fact not lost on Dan and the Devs who certainly learned a lot from it.

There's a realistic balance that has to be struck though. What the Ubisoft suits want from the game, and what the Devs would do with it if it were up to them, are two very different things.

Bottom line; anything the Devs see here that they think would enhance the game without angering the suits, and which could feasibly be included in the remaining time, would certainly be considered. :)

Kloef
09-05-09, 03:21 PM
Lets hope the best things mentioned on this forum and what the devolopers really want to implement in the game come together and most of us will be satisfied.