PDA

View Full Version : SUBSIM Meet Special Guests: Silent Hunter 5 Dev team

Onkel Neal
08-25-09, 02:44 PM
:ping: That's right, :ping: the SH5 dev team will be the special guests for the 2009 SUBSIM Meet in Copenhagen. The team include Mighty Dan the lead designer, Mike the associate producer, and Mihai Maerean the interface developer.

Registered members for the SUBSIM meet will participate in a Q&A session and one-on-one interview with the dev team, and witness the first live-action demo of Silent Hunter 5.

Register here for the meet. (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=150218)Session is limited to registered members only.

Carotio
08-25-09, 02:47 PM
AAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL-RIGHTYYYYYYYYYYYY :yeah:

Another reason to be present... :yep:

AVGWarhawk
08-25-09, 02:58 PM
Man, I wish I could attend.

GoldenRivet
08-25-09, 03:01 PM
crap :wah:

keltos01
08-25-09, 03:19 PM
grr don't know that I can..

keltos

Task Force
08-25-09, 03:25 PM
so will us suckers that cant come be able to maby see this sh5 demo over the web... or something? (like last meet?)

Lt commander lare
08-25-09, 04:36 PM
hey neal i cant attend and i live in mi and there is no way i can make it can you ask them two questions when will they be able to release the system requirements, and can and will they be implementing flooding in the compartments that are damaged to where we can see the water rising

lt commander lare

urfisch
08-25-09, 04:48 PM
this is hot stuff!

nice one! i really would like to take part in this...its not far away. but how is the agenda? u995 on wednesday, 17th meeting in copenhagen and what´s the plan for the following days? what are the total costs, if i stay one night?

im just asking, cause i have a business which needs to be managed. and i cannot stay away more than a usual day...so, let me know when the meeting and the demo-play is. and i will be there!

:)

GoldenRivet
08-25-09, 04:54 PM
hey neal i cant attend and i live in mi and there is no way i can make it can you ask them two questions when will they be able to release the system requirements, and can and will they be implementing flooding in the compartments that are damaged to where we can see the water rising

lt commander lare

i second that request

mookiemookie
08-26-09, 08:19 AM
Would it be possible for someone to record this and put it up on the web?

elanaiba
08-26-09, 09:26 AM
Be there or else ... :P

Schultz
08-26-09, 09:30 AM
Elanaiba poate filmati si voi demo acolo, ca eu nu am cum sa ajung in Copenhaga

mookiemookie
08-26-09, 09:32 AM
Be there or else ... :P

If you can find room in the budget to finance my flight over there, I will gladly be there, Dan :03:

elanaiba
08-26-09, 09:36 AM
"my" budget is still down from flying over there to your side of the pond :P

Schultz
08-26-09, 09:45 AM
It seems that someone must film the holl meating even the demo, do we have volunteers?

maerean_m
08-26-09, 09:54 AM
(At least) I'll be taking lots of pictures and will make them available to all.

Rebel
08-26-09, 10:51 AM
IF LIFE HAD ONLY GIVEN ME MONEY .WORKING FOR IT DID NOT :wah:

martes86
08-26-09, 11:06 AM
You know what? I'm seriously thinking about going... I've got the money for the flight (300 bucks). Don't know how much money I'd need for hotel (shared room to split costs if possible) and everything else though. But if it fits my wallet, I could definitely go (hoping my bosses don't need me too badly on those days or that no other circumstance screws my fun). :DL

Cheers

Onkel Neal
08-26-09, 01:36 PM
You know what? I'm seriously thinking about going... I've got the money for the flight (300 bucks). Don't know how much money I'd need for hotel (shared room to split costs if possible) and everything else though. But if it fits my wallet, I could definitely go (hoping my bosses don't need me too badly on those days or that no other circumstance screws my fun). :DL

Cheers

Come on, you can find someone to split the hotel costs with.

I cannot count how many Europeans say "Have a Subsim meet in Europe so we can go" and when we do, they cannot afford it. :doh: Once in a lifetime fun and friendship is coming in 3 weeks.

Red Heat
08-26-09, 04:06 PM
Hello, Onkel Neal

You are right, this time the famous meeting its in Europe, and knows how much i like to go and meet you guys personaly, but the things in Portugal are very dificult, and i have my real life to "command" AND no money avaiable to a such voyage!

P.S. Thanks for the invitation...may be one of these days! :)

mookiemookie
08-26-09, 07:52 PM

I cannot count how many Europeans say "Have a Subsim meet in Europe so we can go" and when we do, they cannot afford it. :doh: Once in a lifetime fun and friendship is coming in 3 weeks.
YES! Coming from someone who isn't "the boss" I can tell you (from my limited experience of a Subsim meet, having only attended one) that you will have a BLAST. You will kick yourself if you miss it, especially our European friends who are within travel distance...to meet up with people you've only known from online who share your passion, and to do the activities that you all have planned for this meet....you'd be silly to miss it if it works into your financial situation and your time schedule. If you can do so, BE THERE!

I wish I had won that lottery jackpot in order for me to be able to attend!

mapuc
08-26-09, 08:38 PM
Hello, Onkel Neal

You are right, this time the famous meeting its in Europe, and knows how much i like to go and meet you guys personaly, but the things in Portugal are very dificult, and i have my real life to "command" AND no money avaiable to a such voyage!

P.S. Thanks for the invitation...may be one of these days! :)

As long as I live, I'll never forget the meeting in holland. It was 4 fantastics days in my life.

I know for sure that from 17th to the 20th of Sep.-09 will be the next 4 fabulous days of my life.

Markus

Chad
08-27-09, 01:34 AM
A little bragging rights, while Neal was up here in Kansas City having dinner with me and the family, he mentioned the SH5 demo to me first :ping:

You don't know how hard it was to not come home and post something :O:

martes86
08-27-09, 10:30 AM

Yep (I hope), but the website where I'd make the reservation allows only the same number of rooms as of flight passengers, so I'd have to book the rooms as standalone (don't know how to do that yet).

Anyways... anyone wanting to share room/hotel costs? I'd need to know now (ASAP), so as to be able to make the reservation in time to not be left out.

Cheers

Onkel Neal
08-27-09, 12:59 PM
Yep (I hope), but the website where I'd make the reservation allows only the same number of rooms as of flight passengers, so I'd have to book the rooms as standalone (don't know how to do that yet).

Anyways... anyone wanting to share room/hotel costs? I'd need to know now (ASAP), so as to be able to make the reservation in time to not be left out.

Cheers

Be sure to post this in the hotel thread too

FIREWALL
08-27-09, 01:06 PM
If it's the two I think it is. Their vacation just got Screwed. :haha:

Spend all their Vac being Grilled about SH5. :har::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

martes86
08-27-09, 05:27 PM
Be sure to post this in the hotel thread too

Posted. Not sure if it was in the right thread, though. :oops:

Onkel Neal
09-03-09, 06:23 PM
test post from my new phone

Task Force
09-03-09, 06:25 PM
cool... neal can monitor us on the go also...

now he can keelhual people while on the move... lol

Onkel Neal
09-03-09, 06:28 PM
I sure can!

Task Force
09-03-09, 06:30 PM
And I realy dont want to find out how he keelhauls them... lol:o

JU_88
09-07-09, 07:06 PM
Oh man.. I have the money, but i just hate flying!

You see.... a Boeing...:)
I see ..... a jet propelled, highly flamamble, pressurised aluminium cylinder of DEATH ! :wah:
I know its only a 1 in 6 million chance to be reduced to a mixed grill and scattered over a 10 km radius.... but that irrationallity for you.

I Hope the presentation will be recorded, providing Dan or Mr M dont activate some kind of sophisicated camera jamming device... like one of their hands covering the lense, for instance :haha:

elanaiba
09-08-09, 02:41 AM
Take the euro-tunnel-something?

JU_88
09-08-09, 03:40 AM
Take the euro-tunnel-something?

heh I not sure if have the money to take that route... I will actually travel by plane, I just dont like it.
Seriously i probably cant get the time off work anyway, its insane at the moment.... not to mention Mrs Ju88 is 3 months pregnant with out first -and shes getting all 'hormonal' on my ass :)

McBeck
09-08-09, 06:07 AM
I Hope the presentation will be recorded, providing Dan or Mr M dont activate some kind of sophisicated camera jamming device... like one of their hands covering the lense, for instance :haha:
Sorry, no. The location does not permit cameras or video recording.

JU_88
09-08-09, 06:39 AM
meh,:down:
ok well i guess we will have to make do with write ups..

martes86
09-08-09, 01:04 PM
Oh man.. I have the money, but i just hate flying!

You see.... a Boeing...:)
I see ..... a jet propelled, highly flamamble, pressurised aluminium cylinder of DEATH ! :wah:

This is Europe... use Airbus! :D

Sorry, no. The location does not permit cameras or video recording.

Seriously? Not even pics? They'll kill me if I come empty handed! :wah:
A journalist needs good pictures, me needs!!! lol

Onkel Neal
09-08-09, 04:07 PM
Don't worry, we'll take care of you :03:

martes86
09-08-09, 06:32 PM
Don't worry, we'll take care of you :03:

Ok... put 3 guards on the door, and a double firewalled pc for me to put my defense. :har:

6 days to travel! :DL

Von Hinten
09-10-09, 12:54 PM

Then again, there's the other (3rd?) kind of Europeans who don't ask for a meet in Europe but do turn up when one is organized. We're not all that bad you know ... :shucks:

PL_Andrev
09-10-09, 02:45 PM
Registered members for the SUBSIM meet will participate in a Q&A session and one-on-one interview with the dev team, and witness the first live-action demo of Silent Hunter 5.

And when this demo will be available for all 'SUBSIM registed members'?

martes86
09-10-09, 03:02 PM
I align myself with that 3rd kind (this is actually a short notice plan, didn't really know if I'd go). :D

Carotio
09-10-09, 05:31 PM
Then again, there's the other (3rd?) kind of Europeans who don't ask for a meet in Europe but do turn up when one is organized. We're not all that bad you know ... :shucks:

I go because it's being organized in my own country. I'm not really sure, I would have done it, if it were to be held in, let's say Romania.
It's not because I don't wanna go to Romania, I even have some Romanian friends (girls mostly... :oops::03:), so I have plenty of reasons to go.
BUT we also have to be realistic: sometimes economy, work, family or other reasons prevent attending such a meet. That's just part of life too. And that has to be accepted too.

mapuc
09-10-09, 05:56 PM
I'm going because of two things

1. Have been at such a meeting before(Holland) and it was a fantastic experience.

2 it's just a stonethrow from where I live.

Markus

Von Hinten
09-10-09, 06:00 PM
Well Bas and I missed the one in Holland, which would have been that stone throw from our doors, but after reading and viewing the reviews of later meets we decided that if we could drive to one we'd be there. And this one we can drive to so ... we're there. :salute:

martes86
09-10-09, 06:05 PM
And when this demo will be available for all 'SUBSIM registed members'?

I think it'll be just a closed show, by closed meaning only WE will be able to see and "touch" it, sorry.

Von Hinten
09-18-09, 11:45 PM

Well for me this turned out to be the understatement of the meet so far. Those guys have been with us the entire meet and we've been able to ask them the shirts off their backs about SH5 as well as just having a good laugh over just about everything.

Turns out they are actually pretty normal human beings, truly good to have them over here. :up: