PDA

View Full Version : Release date too soon?

AJ!
08-23-09, 11:59 AM
Hi all

Is it just me or is the early 2010 release date for SHV too close for them to really beef up the SH franchise and add lots more content to the Atlantic theatre.

If they started development of SHV just after SHIV that would make sense givin that this game would have been in development for over 2 years which is the minimum time a game of this scale would need.

I know its too early to judge from the screen shots but it looks like all we are getting is SH3 on SH4s engine..... just with more bugs and glitches :down:

Forgive me for my pessimistic views so far but i remember too well how dissapointing SH4 was. i know alot of people enjoy it now but for me SH4 didnt touch SH3. also the graphics engine was hit and miss.

Here's hoping i'm wrong :up::up:

Hanomag
08-23-09, 12:09 PM
Lets just hope.. that they know that there is ....

NO RUSH! :yeah:

Andyman23
08-23-09, 12:12 PM
Lets just hope.. that they know that there is ....

NO RUSH! :yeah:

exactly

PL_Andrev
08-23-09, 12:19 PM
Good news: This game will be NOT published at Christmas, so the designers have more time to found and delete SH5 bugs

It is not too clase: "early 2010" means summer? ...and game will be published on 2010 E3 expo...

If published screenshots of SH5 are really screenshots it means that graphic is finished and engine is finished. Now designers work with details: add new units, create campaign, looking for stability, bugs etc.

LiveGoat
08-23-09, 12:27 PM
My total wild guess is it will be delayed to put in features that we've been bitchin' about for the past couple days, one big feature in particular.

Seeadler
08-23-09, 12:39 PM
If they started development of SHV just after SHIV that would make sense
They have already worked on SH5 in 2008.

In March, Ubisoft's fiscal year ends. SH3 was released in late March, SH4 also, probably the same with SH5.

tater
08-23-09, 12:49 PM
Baby needs a new pair of shoes.

mookiemookie
08-23-09, 12:53 PM
At the last Subsim meet in October 2008, Dan from Ubisoft Romania hinted that SH5 was in the works. We tried to ply him with alcohol, and when that didn't work, we resorted to begging to get him to tell us what the theatre was, but he wouldn't budge.

My guess is that they've been working on this for quite a while.

TDK1044
08-23-09, 12:57 PM
I believe that SH5 will be released at the end of March 2010. I believe that it will ultimately be a fantastic game, but at release it will be playable, unfinished and requiring at least 3 patches.

It was that way with SH3 and SH4, and I don't see any reason to believe that SH5 will be any different.

With this series, you must invest in the end result knowing that the end result is typically 6 to 9 months and 3 or 4 patches after the release of the game.

This is often a bone of contention within the forum, and much screaming and shouting goes on. Know now that the game will be released in March 2010 and finished (fully patched) by December 2010. That's the way it always is with this publisher.

I'm buying the game in March, loading it onto my computer and then waiting nine months to fully patch and mod it in one hit. :)

Jimbuna
08-23-09, 01:11 PM
Well I hope your wrong.....past history doesn't agree with me though :hmmm:

TDK1044
08-23-09, 01:29 PM
Well I hope your wrong.....past history doesn't agree with me though :hmmm:

I hope I'm wrong too, Jim, but I think it will be business as usual with the end result being worth the wait. :DL

V.C. Sniper
08-23-09, 03:41 PM
Can always beg for a delay.

Jimbuna
08-23-09, 03:42 PM
I hope I'm wrong too, Jim, but I think it will be business as usual with the end result being worth the wait. :DL

Only time will tell....fingers crossed.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9425/praydl5rp5.gif

Highbury
08-23-09, 03:45 PM
I want them to take their time and develop it right.

AND I want it tomorrow :up:

Darkbluesky
08-24-09, 08:01 AM
It was that way with SH3 and SH4, and I don't see any reason to believe that SH5 will be any different.

Maybe this one:

http://www.develop-online.net/news/30915/Ubisoft-Romania-to-hire-120-more-staff

Ubisoft recruited in late 2008 (just when the hints says us they where working in SH5) for Romania 120 more staff, 35 for testers and 65 for gamming programmers/developers.

Maybe the crisis will have a benefit for us, subsim addicts:

'Delen also expressed optimism about the credit crunch: 'During this period, people have not travelled a lot, have not made investment, have not consumed a lot. Instead of all this, they have stayed at home and played video games. We expect the local video game market to keep growing next year.' '

mookiemookie
08-24-09, 08:30 AM
Let's hope they hired 35 good testers! :yeah:

holtzbr
08-24-09, 10:37 AM
I'm buying the game in March, loading it onto my computer and then waiting nine months to fully patch and mod it in one hit. :)

:up:

I think this is the way I'd like to approach the game as well. Whether I'll be able to resist firing it up is another question.

Sailor Steve
08-24-09, 01:00 PM
I'll probably do what I've always done: play it from day one, start a career, say "Oh, an new patch", dump my career and start a new one, say "Ooh, cool new mod!", dump that career and start a new one, say "Oh, another new patch", dump that...and four years later I'm once again starting a new career in SH3, without ever having finished a single one.

But I'm having fun.:sunny:

Baby needs a new pair of shoes.
Roll dem bones.

JHuschke
08-25-09, 01:15 AM
Ubisoft really needs to take their time, if we buy SH5 and it was rushed..it will be a doomsday. I am really tired of playing rushed games, aren't even finished, never will be..so short and easy with all the great graphics. We need something we WANT to put time into and enjoy it! :rock:

Highbury
08-25-09, 02:07 AM
I'll probably do what I've always done: play it from day one, start a career, say "Oh, an new patch", dump my career and start a new one, say "Ooh, cool new mod!", dump that career and start a new one, say "Oh, another new patch", dump that...and four years later I'm once again starting a new career in SH3, without ever having finished a single one.

:yep:

JScones
08-25-09, 02:52 AM

But I'm having fun.:sunny:
Sounds very familiar...

Kaleun_Endrass
08-25-09, 04:40 AM
...years later I'm once again starting a new career in SH3, without ever having finished a single one.

Me too. For me the war ended not later than 1942. And it wasnīt because my sub went to the basement... :88)

Royale-Adio
08-25-09, 04:38 PM
My prediction: Somewhere between summer and holiday 2010.

KG_Jag
08-25-09, 05:25 PM
I believe that it is particularly important for war and military sim games to be released only when they are finished and fully playtested. The buyers tend to be older, more mature and more willing to wait for quality than in some other segments.

A very poor/premature release can and often does have a lasting impact on the ultimate success of such games, regardless of how well they work down the line a few months or more.

Hartmann
08-26-09, 12:43 PM
I think that could be released in summer. :D

Sh4 was the same engine with changes, including sh3 files and iīm sure that sh5 is the same thing but improved , like some mods (torpedo room, engine room) but made for the devs.

if this could be made for modders is sure that they can do the same and better because they have the tools and the source code, so i donīt expect too much delay

ps. i never play careers until the game is fully patched and the first big mods packs are available

andycaccia
09-19-09, 08:19 AM
The point is "WE WANT A NICE PRODUCT!!":yeah: