PDA

View Full Version : SH4 developed on single core w/HT CPU

longam
08-21-09, 03:21 PM
And now SH5 will be developed with the quad core as a common CPU.

Now this raises some questions because the amount of animations and crew number can go way up if they take advantage of the quad core.

And what about 64bit OS? And 4gb of memory is a base level! GPU's come standard with 1gb of memory.

Man, what kind of game can they really do now. This is only going to be ground breaking for sure.

AVGWarhawk
08-21-09, 03:24 PM
SH4 runs on my 64OS. SH5 should run on same. Quad core is always an advantage I would say. Whatever the case, I'm ready. :03:

longam
08-21-09, 03:29 PM
I was more wondering if they are going to take advantage of the 64bit.....wishful thinking I know

AVGWarhawk
08-21-09, 03:34 PM
I do not think so. It is being run on a dual core system at the moment. From what I read anyway. I imagine it is 32 bit. All is not a total lose as the 64 bit allows the user to have 8 gig of RAM. These newer games love the RAM. I run SH4 with 8 gig. My hard drive never works to keep up. Never works at all really. Not like my old system where the hard drive was file swapping like a champ.

Dowly
08-21-09, 03:37 PM
I doubt they will make very demanding game. Us simmers are few already, making a game that would need an up-to-date PC would make the sell figures even lower. :hmmm:

longam
08-21-09, 05:27 PM
I do not think so. It is being run on a dual core system at the moment. From what I read anyway. I imagine it is 32 bit. All is not a total lose as the 64 bit allows the user to have 8 gig of RAM. These newer games love the RAM. I run SH4 with 8 gig. My hard drive never works to keep up. Never works at all really. Not like my old system where the hard drive was file swapping like a champ.

Dont forget that 64bit doubles the pipe in the CPU

Kromus
08-21-09, 08:49 PM

Read this to understand how 64-bit architecture works...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/64-bit

And usable amount of memory differs with different vista brand

http://www.realtime-vista.com/installation/2007/08/windows_vista_ram_limitations.htm

I`m using ultimate so limitations are bit further than 8GB

Hartmann
08-21-09, 11:09 PM
I doubt they will make very demanding game. Us simmers are few already, making a game that would need an up-to-date PC would make the sell figures even lower. :hmmm:

By the time of the final release, quad cores , 2 gb graphic cards and 8 gb of Ram could be a medium end computer