PDA

View Full Version : Ship names

tiger shark
08-18-09, 05:47 PM
What do you think about ship names?
Even if this is not so imprtant i was thinking about
that because now maybe when we sink one of the famous ships we wont run into it again on our next patrol,so they are unique and they should have names if we are aiming at realism.I know that this is not important right now but
think,wouldnt it be cool if every ship in the game would have a name.(I was talking about the actual name,not ship class)

GreyOctober
08-19-09, 02:36 AM
I though we had that ith warships :hmmm: Wait, are you talking about merchants?

Contact
08-19-09, 02:50 AM
The shipnames on merchants broadsides.

JScones
08-19-09, 02:53 AM
It's certainly a very popular feature of SH3 Commander.

Sailor Steve
08-19-09, 10:41 AM
For those of you who never read my "Excellent Adventure" thread, that was one of the things we discussed at the meeting in Houston last October. I haven't heard anything definite, but I'm hoping that merchants will end up having names based on date and nationality.

As for warships being named once and disappearing, that is also something that has been discussed at length in various threads here, and we're all hoping that it turns out that way.

Jimbuna
08-19-09, 10:51 AM
For those of you who never read my "Excellent Adventure" thread, that was one of the things we discussed at the meeting in Houston last October. I haven't heard anything definite, but I'm hoping that merchants will end up having names based on date and nationality.

As for warships being named once and disappearing, that is also something that has been discussed at length in various threads here, and we're all hoping that it turns out that way.

That would be one hell of a breakthrough http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

TarJak
08-20-09, 12:22 AM
Would be a good addition and considering the hard work of compiling names is almost done for them there should be little impediment.:03:

We live in hope.

Valantine
08-20-09, 02:19 AM
It would certainly add to the realism, and more so if you engaged a Destroyer you had prevously hidden under the waves following a botched convoy attack :haha:

Merchant names would be good, although each one having their own name which disappears once sunk is a great idea and woudl be great fun, im not bothered too much about those considering that they make up the vast majority of your patrol tonnage
V