PDA

View Full Version : Woo....

flakmonkey
08-18-09, 01:13 AM
Well probably everyones seen this already, but for anyone who missed it heres the nice fat HD sh5 trailer in wmv/quicktime and flash for anyone who hates youtube quality vids (cant remember but i think you need to be registered to download, just stream it and it`ll still be better quality than yt version)...

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc2k9-debut-silent-hunter/54343

+ is it just me or does that bit where the crewman asks "would you like to play a game captin" hint at some kind of minigames to pass the time??

Chooky88
08-18-09, 06:22 AM
It's the real deal! I cannot wait~!~!~~~

Webster
08-18-09, 12:22 PM
once again we get a game with the german crew speaking perfect english with no accent even???? sad...

Sailor Steve
08-18-09, 01:00 PM
Once again we get everyone singing that same song. So I'll sing mine again too: SH2 had German voices. It also had English voices with German accents, and half the users complained that it sounded tacky. SH3 had German voices, and it had American voices, the reason probably being an early preparation for SH4. And people complained.

Now I ask, what on earth makes you think, based on one very early trailer, that there won't be German voices? Better yet, go back through the main thread and you'll find a link to the German trailer, where you'll find voices IN GERMAN!

Or is that too hard?

FIREWALL
08-18-09, 01:01 PM
Do's anybody really have trouble grasping which market Ubi is aiming this Sim at. :haha:

Webster
08-18-09, 06:44 PM
Once again we get everyone singing that same song. So I'll sing mine again too: SH2 had German voices. It also had English voices with German accents, and half the users complained that it sounded tacky. SH3 had German voices, and it had American voices, the reason probably being an early preparation for SH4. And people complained.

Now I ask, what on earth makes you think, based on one very early trailer, that there won't be German voices? Better yet, go back through the main thread and you'll find a link to the German trailer, where you'll find voices IN GERMAN!

Or is that too hard?

all im saying is it should have a german crew speaking whatever the chosen language is, but in a german accent just like they do in the movies.

yes speak english (or whatever language you choose for the game) but they should still do it with the correct nationality accent

as for "everyone singing that same song" i didnt see the other thread about speech so i made my observation but i dont think it warranted such a response.

Sailor Steve
08-19-09, 11:15 AM
Well okay, I'll back off and apologize. I read every thread, and I've seen that so many times it just really starts to annoy me.

I also like the German accents with the voices, but some folks really did complain that they thought it sounded tacky in SH2, and the reason for the flat American accents in SH3 was seemingly to prepare the way for SH4. I hope that's what's going on here.

Sorry if I overreacted.

Jimbuna
08-19-09, 12:02 PM
I'm confident there'll be a german voices option like there was in SH3.

Ve shall just have to vait and zee :DL

Webster
08-19-09, 03:43 PM
Well okay, I'll back off and apologize.

no apology needed, just gets like this with every new sh release so i understood completely what you meant and agree with it too.

i think the trailer is pure make believe and the game will be nothing like it to many peoples dissappointment but they have to remember its just a teaser to gain intrest and increase sales of the game. its not like its a screen captured video of the game being played.

i think sh5 will just be the game engine of sh4 but with the content of sh3 redone with sh4's grafics and whatever refinements they got from the modding community to have better environmental look and conditions. i dont see how it could be anything else because of the so very short period of time it took to create. in a way it will be the sh4 ubm expansion that they wish they had had been given enough time to make.