PDA

View Full Version : A list of must have mod?

DikiDino
08-06-09, 11:54 PM
Hi, i just recently picked up SH4 after so long because some how being playing with SH3 because of the Atlantic theatre.

Now that i got SH4 with UBM.

I'm wondering what is the list of mod that is a must have which will also work with each other?

Been reading up quite a big and mods like Real Enviroment, another is what overhaul or something.

Appreciate for any advise. Thanks. :)

SteveUK
08-07-09, 09:09 AM
Thats really an loaded question!

The type of mod depends on your prefered style of game play and system specs of course.

The mods which appear to be the most popular in no particular order are RFB (Real Fleet Boat) and TMO (Trigger Maru Overhaled). A lot of people couple these with RSRDC (Run silent, Run Deep campaign). RFB & TMO are supermods which inclue as far as I am aware enviromental and graphic upgrades, skins, different commands a totally different way the game works and looks. RSRDC changes the campaign layers of the game so it becomes totally different. There is so much more that these offer try them to see.

Really the best way to go is to read the threads on the mods and take it from there.

Others that are popular are Fall of the Rising Sun, operation monsoon and loads of others. Check out the download section to see them all.

There has been so much hard work gone into making these mods, I am amazed at the skill and dedication of the people who work on them, so sorry for any that I haven't mentioned :-? but you could go on and on.

limkol
08-07-09, 10:41 AM
That all depends on what you like. What I have done is made a dual install. I have the American as one game and the German on the other. Download MultiSH4 and you can have as many installs as you like. You can find the link in the search section. That way you can pick and choose all you want.
I have Operation Monsoon on the German side and TMO on the US side. Environment mods are included in both mods, so I've not added any extra environment stuff. They sometimes cause problems with gameplay.

Other than Operation Monsoon, GWX (who you know from SH3),have a new mod on the way for SH4. On the US side TMO have a new beta out and Real Fleet Boat is also worth checking out- There's also Fall of the Rising Sun and Websters stuff.

The list is endless.

Good hunting:salute:

Sailor Steve
08-07-09, 11:08 AM
WELCOME ABOARD!:sunny: