PDA

View Full Version : Typhoon Submairine site with lots of pics.

FADM Gryphon
08-03-09, 12:57 AM
This site has both pic from the inside and outside of these massive submarines.

http://englishrussia.com/?p=2525

Bartolomeus
08-03-09, 05:59 AM
Great link. The pictures are very helpful for my Typhoon sub model. Thx for the link.

Marko

Hotmanandre
08-03-09, 09:22 AM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=55&pictureid=439
Here still a photo. There is more many photo and drawings.

The Fishlord
08-03-09, 12:01 PM
ALways a pleasure to see inside some of these more modern subs. I caught the last half of a documentary a few years back where a UK camera crew was allowed to sail with a Typhoon on its last voyage, very interesting. I remember I was most astonished when they showed the sauna/swimming pool. Anybody know what show that was?

Hotmanandre
08-03-09, 12:55 PM
ALways a pleasure to see inside some of these more modern subs. I caught the last half of a documentary a few years back where a UK camera crew was allowed to sail with a Typhoon on its last voyage, very interesting. I remember I was most astonished when they showed the sauna/swimming pool. Anybody know what show that was?

I know where it is possible to download pair of films about the "Typhoon" but there in Russian:D

FADM Gryphon
08-03-09, 08:35 PM
Your Welcome, and O learned along time ago in a flight sim community of you run across a neat website in your searches for your projects. Take the time to post it in your community's forum. Because if you wait till later several things happen. 1. you can't find the link, 2. the site is now gone, 3. somebody might find that information real useful.

So to the builder/s of the Red October where's our sauna pool?

j/k

Capt.Warner
08-04-09, 06:53 PM
Nice Pics:up:

claybirdd
08-04-09, 07:10 PM
Wow:o that boat is in God awfull shape. Imagine if we started letting our Ohio's get in that bad of shape. Truly it just doesnt make sense.:nope:

ETR3(SS)
08-04-09, 11:43 PM
I'm assuming you've never seen any of the Ohio's close up claybirdd. They don't always look pretty. But as for the Typhoon, a coat of paint and she'll be good again!

claybirdd
08-05-09, 01:37 AM
I'll be honest ive never seen any nuke boat up close. really want to one day though. To me though that looks like a hell of a lot of rust though. I always imagined that an Ohio was the pride of the sub service and would be in top notch shape without a single blemish. In retrospect though seawater is very corrosive and they are on patrol for a LONG time. of course I guess as long as those missle tubes go bang when you pull the trigger a little rust is a moot point.

pythos
08-05-09, 02:46 AM
Let's be glad those missle tubes did not go bang.

Also those parts in the tower (or sail, though tower fits the typhoon's dorsal construct much more fittingly) I flooded with sea water most of the time the boat is on patrol. I was shocked at how the interior looked at first until I realized that this was an area that spent most of its time submerged in water.

The area in the pressure hull itself looked pretty fair.

I would have liked to seen a picture of the missile tubes them selves from inside the hull.

The movie Hunt for Red October, was quite accurate with the American boats, but Waaaaay the hell of with the Russian boats.

I would like to see the inside of an Alpha to compliment this view of the Typhoon.

audiolab
08-06-09, 03:52 AM
hope they arent using them off the usa coast ,looks like it would fall to bits underwater:haha:
nice pics whats that hole in the conning tower?