PDA

View Full Version : Should I accept it??

ddiplock
07-30-09, 06:40 PM
After starting my first patrol in command of the USS Narwhal, departed from Pearl and a month or so later deposited an agent of the intelligence services to the shores of Japan without incident.

Arrived on patrol in Area Abuse, where captain's autonomy was given for the duration of patrol. Encountered a 3 destroyer task force in shallower Korean waters. Took a shot at the first destroyer with two torpedos, successfully hitting and sinking it. The other two, furious to avenge their comrade set about bringing my end with gusto. The first depth charge run destroyed my 3 forward tubes and injured several crewmen as well as damaging the deck guns and batteries and causing flooding in the bow compartment. The boat sank to some 270ft with ruptures popping in along the hull the deeper I got.

USS Narwhal was lost subsqently with all hands from that crippling first DC run.

Should I reload.....or just accept the fate that befell my boat and start again?? :)

EDIT: Do you also need to assign a crew to damage control like in SH3? I'm guessing it doesn't matter who it is, just grab crew members and dump them in their yeah? How do you tell them which to repair?? I wanted them to sort the flooding but the only priority being listed were the batteries.

Armistead
07-30-09, 07:57 PM
Yes, you want to add enough crew members to keep that damage compartment filled and make sure you're at battlestations. Put a good engine guy as the leader and add others as needed. Not sure what mods or how your playing, but you have an icon that takes you to your crew screen and you should see a wrench icon at the top that will show your damage to your sub...where you see you're dead men, so I assume you know it. You have a small box middle bottom that says repair priority.
You want to drag your most important repairs like hull damage to the top so you're damage crew will address those items first.

Another good thing to do is take good repairmen from undamaged compartments and place them in the damaged compartment. If you place you mouse arrow over men in a damage compartment it will show them repairing. If it's severe damage fill that compartment up with good mechanics.

When you're in a out of control dive to the bottom, first try speed to pull out. If needed blow your tanks. In real life you blow tanks you're usually gonna surface, but in the game when you get to 90 feet or so just hit your deep dive planes to send you back down, but when you start heading down, keep hitting scope depth. You'll probably keep heading down so you have to keep repeating until your crew get's your ship stable.

joeljansson
07-31-09, 06:45 AM
reload .reload!!! this is why you should reload! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwqXuMPsoc:D:O:

SgtPotato
07-31-09, 04:59 PM
oh god, the video... NARWHALS!! They can stop Cthulhu! :haha:

joeljansson
08-01-09, 04:35 AM
its too much to listen to but to funny