PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my radar man

Prophet
07-28-09, 11:32 PM
It seems he's grown stupider since my upgrade to a Balao class. It used to be that he could call out aircraft and ship contacts while I was well out of visual range, and have plenty of time to dive and hide from air patrols or take up an attack position against a vessel. Now it seems that he's falling asleep on station. :DL I only get aircraft contacts when they're literally right on top of me, and ship contacts when I've completely lost the element of surprise. I use map contact updates, and my missions tend to be sprinkled with incidents like this:

Radar: "Oh hey, there's a plane here now."
Me: "CRAP, EVADE!"
Or,
Radar: "Ship spotted!"
Me: *checks map* *ship is less than 400 yards away and is now taking evasive maneuvers* :damn:

Another thing is how annoying it is to manually turn on the radar every time I surface. Any way to make that work?

Oh and I'm brand new, and I love Silent Hunter!

Cheers,

Prophet

Armistead
07-29-09, 04:15 AM
When you upgrade to a new ship you lose your previous equipment, or most of it anyway, back to the basics. Check and see if you even have radar. I left base once forgetting it.

Possible previous attack that destroyed your radar.

Mod problems....

kstanb
07-29-09, 07:30 AM
Maybe your time compression was too much for the game to detect it sooner; were you at more than 1000x ?

Rockin Robbins
07-29-09, 08:21 AM
What's your patch level? I haven't had to turn my radar back on since 1.4. Make sure you're patched to 1.4 at least or buy the Gold version and get U-Boat Missions along with patch 1.5. 1.5 IS U-Boat Missions, which includes some fleet boat tweaks.

Prophet
07-29-09, 12:13 PM
Maybe your time compression was too much for the game to detect it sooner; were you at more than 1000x ?

Perhaps, yes I was.

I had mind enough to stick the improved SD radar on right when I got the new sub, too.