PDA

View Full Version : "34 great new missions" mod has issues

Webster
07-28-09, 12:15 PM
this mod that i released has issues because i made a mistake and didnt fully understand some of these missions needed converting for v1.5.

i created this thread to announce a 34 mission mod using a bunch of missions i thought were all made by tambor198 but as it turned out some werent his and quite a few didnt work with v1.5 because they were v1.4 missions. this mod turned out to be a mess so im sorry if anyone had problems with it. :oops:

please do yourself a favor and just delete anything you have from the 34 mission pack that i had released earlier.

you can find new completely tested versions of these missions here:

tambor198's single missions for TMO+RSRDC mods (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158166)

tambor198's single missions pack for stock v1.5 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158202)

FIREWALL
07-28-09, 12:21 PM
To you WEBSTER and Tambor198 :salute::salute::salute:

Rockin Robbins
08-07-09, 04:35 PM
I understand that Webster made all these JSGME ready and hasn't posted them that way yet.:03: Hop to it, man!:up:

Webster
08-08-09, 03:39 PM
I understand that Webster made all these JSGME ready and hasn't posted them that way yet.:03: Hop to it, man!:up:

i was tied up and abused by half naked coeds so it took me a while to escape them :D

this mod was updated to be jsgme ready as of 3:30pm 8/8/09

i also posted this mod on my filefront page for any non subsim members who might need it

Rockin Robbins
08-09-09, 03:12 PM
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/RockinRobbins13/smileys/thumbsup_weird.gif
(http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/RockinRobbins13/smileys/thumbsup_weird.gif)

Seaman_Hornsby
08-10-09, 08:32 PM
Nice pack. :up:

I'm goin' down
08-10-09, 10:09 PM
The Palau Gaunlet is a pain in the butt. It is really tough. After being sunk in the harbor by the gunboat on several occasions, I bravely took it on with my deck and anti aircraft guns, and sunk it. I continued on to hunt the Yamoto and each time I tried to leave the harbor the mission crashed. Do others have this problem? Can the mission be fixed? ff someone has a good copy of the mission, post a link so I can download it.

I'm goin' down
08-10-09, 10:14 PM
Half naked coeds? I suggest waiting until they are totally naked. Then, don't leave. Stick around for awhile.:D

Webster
08-11-09, 09:57 AM
The Palau Gaunlet is a pain in the butt. It is really tough. After being sunk in the harbor by the gunboat on several occasions, I bravely took it on with my deck and anti aircraft guns, and sunk it. I continued on to hunt the Yamoto and each time I tried to leave the harbor the mission crashed. Do others have this problem? Can the mission be fixed? ff someone has a good copy of the mission, post a link so I can download it.

it may be a real problem but i'll need more info to test it so i can help you:

what is the actual mission number and name?
what are the exact circumstances when it gets the ctd?
did you just sink a ship or something?
could it be a ship registered as sunk when it ctd?
was the ctd caused just by crossing a specific point?

I'm goin' down
08-11-09, 12:15 PM
SM12 Palau Gauntlet. I have another SM12 Battle of Subiyan Straight. Could that be the problem? It crashes at different times, usually after I sink the patrol boat. One time I think it did not crash but I was far behind the mission schedule and the Yamato had sailded away, so I failed the mission. That is all I can tell you.

The mission calls for you to enter a shallow bay, sink or get past a gun boat, proceed through the bay past shore batteries, and enter the ocean to support a cruiser (which will be sunk if you do not arrive in time to assist it in the attack) fending off the Yamoto and another Jap ship. It is a very imangitive mission, and not easy to accomplish even if it does not crash.

Lt commander lare
08-11-09, 01:11 PM
im getting a ctd when i sink the one enemy carrier in planes to rabaul mission as well

lt commander lare

donut
08-11-09, 01:26 PM
Sounds :sunny:interesting

Lt commander lare
08-11-09, 01:31 PM
the ctd occurs when i sink the second enemy carrier not the first and i sank the other carrier and 3 destroyers but if sink the last carrier there is a ctd

lt commander lare

I'm goin' down
08-11-09, 01:42 PM
I am interested, Captain donut, in what "Sounds interesting"?

If you are talking about the Palau Gauntlet, it is. If you can sink the gunboat with a torpedo, you are a better shot than I am. I like raking the gunboat with my anti aircraft gun when it is close. More action and I do not have to wait as long for it to reload as the I do when employing the deck gun. I just have to stop the mission from crashing.

Lt commander lare
08-11-09, 04:01 PM
i was wondering is there a fix in the works for the various ctd in the different missions

lt commander lare

Webster
08-11-09, 04:52 PM
i was wondering is there a fix in the works for the various ctd in the different missions

lt commander lare

yes, i will be trying to clean up any minor glitches that are found which is why i need detailed reports on the circumstances of any ctd issue.

some missions may have a typo, or cfg date issue, and one or two missions might originally be made for tmo or something so they may have a ship in them thats not in the stock game and thats usually what causes any ctd issue.

report any issues to me and i'll get together with tambor and get them straightened out asap.

Webster
08-11-09, 05:16 PM
SM12 Palau Gauntlet. I have another SM12 Battle of Subiyan Straight. Could that be the problem? It crashes at different times, usually after I sink the patrol boat. One time I think it did not crash but I was far behind the mission schedule and the Yamato had sailded away, so I failed the mission. That is all I can tell you.

The mission calls for you to enter a shallow bay, sink or get past a gun boat, proceed through the bay past shore batteries, and enter the ocean to support a cruiser (which will be sunk if you do not arrive in time to assist it in the attack) fending off the Yamoto and another Jap ship. It is a very imangitive mission, and not easy to accomplish even if it does not crash.

well thats not one of the missions in this mission pack mod so i cant say for sure whats going on there but check with whoever made that mission.

in most cases its usually a cfg date issue or something simular that causes the ctd.

as for two missions being numbered the same, it with revert to alphabetical order as far as how they show up on the mission list but to my knowledge it wont cause any conflict unless they are also named exactly the same.

cdrsubron7
08-11-09, 07:49 PM
Greetings, Guys.

As I am the author of these missions (aka tambor198 over at the Ubiforums) or most of them I shall endeavor to get to the bottom of the ctds.

First, the Battle of Sibuyan Straits is not one of my missions. There is a mission called Battle of the Sibuyan Sea by a gentleman named Ishigami. Could this be the one being referred to?

Palau Gauntlet was made by Hazelwood. I shall do some looking and see if I can make any corrections.

The the mission that Lt CDr lare is referring to Planes For Rabaul is one of mine and I shall see if I can fix the problem.

Might take me a couple of days but hopefully I'll be back in a couple of days with three crash free missions. :D

Webster
08-11-09, 08:01 PM
Greetings, Guys.

As I am the author of these missions (aka tambor198 over at the Ubiforums) or most of them I shall endeavor to get to the bottom of the ctds.

The the mission that Lt CDr lare is referring to Planes For Rabaul is one of mine and I shall see if I can fix the problem.

Might take me a couple of days but hopefully I'll be back in a couple of days with three crash free missions. :D

great, that saves me having to PM you.

i just tested the planes for rabaul mission and it gave me a ctd when the carriers sink. i sunk both at the same time and i got the mission completed screen but when i returned to mission it immediately gave me the ctd so maybe its the actual sinking that triggers it and not just the registering as sunk thats triggering it.

Lt commander lare
08-11-09, 08:34 PM
thanks cdrsubron7 for working on this it looks like a really cool mission you made

lt commander lare

I'm goin' down
08-11-09, 10:53 PM
Ishigami's mission of for a jap battleship. I assumed it was a Navy sub, so I started the game. I found myself in the midst of a jap task force and was sunk immediately. Someone showed me how to reset my depth settings, so I can turn the boat into a sub, come up in the midst of the convey and play it that way.

cdrsubron7
08-11-09, 11:57 PM
More than happy to help out where I can. I've found the errors in the Planes For Rabaul mission and have corrected them. The mission now works fine for me. As it was getting rather late here and I have to get up early and head off to work I will post a new link for the corrected mission tomorrow night. :D :up:

donut
08-12-09, 03:34 AM
I am interested, Captain donut, in what "Sounds interesting"? Palau Gauntlet, I wish to try.

If you are talking about the Palau Gauntlet, it is. If you can sink the gunboat with a torpedo, you are a better shot than I am. I like raking the gunboat with my anti aircraft gun when it is close. More action and I do not have to wait as long for it to reload as the I do when employing the deck gun. I just have to stop the mission from crashing.

well thats not one of the missions in this mission pack mod so i cant say for sure whats going on there but check with whoever made that mission.

in most cases its usually a cfg date issue or something similar that causes the ctd.

as for two missions being numbered the same, it with revert to alphabetical order as far as how they show up on the mission list but to my knowledge it wont cause any conflict unless they are also named exactly the same.Not in this mod pack.:hmmm: Sounds Interesting though.

I'm goin' down
08-12-09, 03:42 AM
I made my post re the crashing games just to complain. I did not expect you folks to jump on the problem. A very nice surprise, indeed. I do not have the technical expertise to fix it.:salute:

Hey, I am getting damn good at sinking ships. I play with map updates on and a camera view so I can admire my work. I used the Easy AoB mod, some of Webster's mods, and FOTRS. FOTRS has an overabundance of airplane attacks (it was driving me insane), so I activated No Airstrike mod.

Today I sunk a subchaser and destroyer that were stationary at ranges of 4,000 and 4,150 yards yds. Their crews must have been sleeping. What makes these two attacks interesting is that it was a 3 a.m., dark, and I was unable to use the range fix to the TGT that is part of the Easy AoB mod, as getting an accurate reading from the range/aspect ratio TGT dial was imposssible because of darkness and distances to the targets (I could barely make them out.) I ended up measuring range with the ruler/compass tool and manually setting the range/aspect ratio TGT dial because I had enabled manual use of the TGT range dial via a mod fix to the cfg file.

I intended to fire 2 torpedoes at each target. I did not check my torpedoes and the first two fell short as they were 36 kt. torpedoes. My remaining torpedoes were Mark 14's. I fired 4 of them. By mistake I fired 3 torpedoes, instead of 2, at the destroyer. While they were en route I fired the 4th at the subchaser. Four hits and two warships sunk. I am a happy camper.:yeah:

donut
08-12-09, 04:05 AM
Greetings, Guys.

First, the Battle of Sibuyan Straits is not one of my missions. There is a mission called Battle of the Sibuyan Sea by a gentleman named Ishigami. Could this be the one being referred to?

Palau Gauntlet was made by Hazelwood. I shall do some looking and see if I can make any corrections. PLEASE, download link also. :shucks:

Might take me a couple of days but hopefully I'll be back in a couple of days with three crash free missions. :D :rock:

peabody
08-12-09, 01:57 PM

I played that mission several times in SH4 1.4, but now in 1.5 it will not even load into the mission editor, it crashes the editor. So it may need to be edited with notepad. But I think the problem is something different from 1.4 to 1.5. I downloaded it and tried it and I also got a CTD as I left the harbor.

Peabody

cdrsubron7
08-12-09, 08:03 PM
Ok, here is the corrected Planes For Rabaul (http://www.filefront.com/14270427/Planes%20For%20Rabaul.rar). Hope you guys enjoy the mission.

Here is a link (http://dodownload.filefront.com/12345673//524120d702dfd124919c0a518d6b3604605b01d837c262c9e6 3d6655b061714a1fb7e953ce00a665) to the Palau Gauntlet mission. I'm going to look into it now and see if I can find what is causing the crashes. :salute:

I've looks at both the Battle Of The Sibuyan Sea and the Paulu Gauntlet and as Peabody has mentioned they do not open in the ME. I can open them in Notepad, but am not skilled enough to look at the game files and know what needs changing. Sorry I couldn't do anymore.

I'm goin' down
08-12-09, 08:58 PM
cdrsubron7 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/member.php?u=210018)
Captain

On behalf of the Barbarinna and her crew, thank you Captain.:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::s alute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::sal ute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salut e::salute::salute:(that is a salute from the crew on board. The rest are on shore leave!)

FIREWALL
08-12-09, 09:07 PM
Ok, here is the corrected Planes For Rabaul (http://www.filefront.com/14270427/Planes%20For%20Rabaul.rar). Hope you guys enjoy the mission.

Here is a link (http://dodownload.filefront.com/12345673//524120d702dfd124919c0a518d6b3604605b01d837c262c9e6 3d6655b061714a1fb7e953ce00a665) to the Palau Gauntlet mission. I'm going to look into it now and see if I can find what is causing the crashes. :salute:

I've looks at both the Battle Of The Sibuyan Sea and the Paulu Gauntlet and as Peabody has mentioned they do not open in the ME. I can open them in Notepad, but am not skilled enough to look at the game files and know what needs changing. Sorry I couldn't do anymore.

On your d\l site there's a pic of a hot babe that says " Click Me Free "

My wife walked up behind me and said " Don't even think about it. " :dead::haha:

cdrsubron7
08-12-09, 09:15 PM
:haha: Sorry, about that. The d/l site is Filefront and there is not much I can do about their choice of advertising. :har:

donut
08-12-09, 09:50 PM
cdrsubron7 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/member.php?u=210018) Thank you for effort
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5940/thanks31jr6.gif

Webster
08-12-09, 10:24 PM

i have also updated the mission pack mod in the subsim downloads section to include the newly fixed version of the planes for rabaul mission

cdrsubron7
08-13-09, 08:45 AM
You're welcome, guys. :yeah:

donut
08-13-09, 10:22 PM
Try this link, to sort out problems. http://www.wolfwillow.com/nu/westwind/Simulation_Gaming/SHIV/index.html

SM12_PALAU_GAUNTLET.rar

I'm goin' down
08-14-09, 01:07 AM
Okay. Thanks. Will try the new download. If the recent mission fixes work, that tell me that any others that may have problems can be fixed.
I appreciate your work and the time it must have taken you.:up::yeah::salute::sunny::D

cdrsubron7
08-14-09, 10:22 AM
Try this link, to sort out problems. http://www.wolfwillow.com/nu/westwind/Simulation_Gaming/SHIV/index.html

SM12_PALAU_GAUNTLET.rar

Just wondering, Donut. Does this new link supply a working mission? Now that I've given the Palau Gauntlet mision a try I'd like to finish it.

donut
08-14-09, 10:56 AM
This mission was made back when version 1.4 was all we had. sent Hazelwood, E mail, but no responce yet. So assuming download from his site is good, & you are running version 1.4 stock, if Single Mission opens in mission editor, & you have no Mods changing scriped units, it should work.
Now I know that is a lot of IF's, but worth a try. Gun boat,& shore batt./shallow water, make this one tough mission/cookie LOL. Run decks awash @ flank, & evade thru Bay/Harbor. "I'm going down," does deck gun work on Gun Boat.:hmmm: I think getting the right folder installed in the game, is the trick to it's running proper. Brake it down for look see ?

I'm goin' down
08-14-09, 11:38 AM
Sank the gunboat once with the deck gun and once using the deck gun and anti aircraft guns.

cdrsubron7
08-14-09, 12:07 PM
Same here, was able to sink the gunboat with the deckgun and just as I was leaving the straits I got a CTD.

When I get home from work tonight I will look at the mission in v1.4. I still have it installed on my computer and then I'll see if I can open the mission in the ME. Didn't even think about it when I was looking at the mission the other night. :doh:

I'm goin' down
08-14-09, 12:44 PM
I play SH4 1.5 with FOTRS. Is the Palau Gauntlet working in 1.5? I also have had my boat sunk while trying to depart the harbor and after sinking the Gunboat.

This my idea of a well planned mission. It takes time to execute, and requires planning, stealth and patience.

I have download the Palau Gauntlet rar posted above but have not played it yet because I have a ctd issue with my campaign after I activated the FUSO BB. I plan to get to it this weekend, but was hoping it was tested and the mission completed.

donut
08-14-09, 09:43 PM
See thread; http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=1151064#post1151064

I'm goin' down
08-14-09, 10:17 PM
your link takes me to the original Hazelwood site, which is where I got the version that ctd. Post the link to the location you want to direct me to, to be on the safe side, please. Thank you sir. :salute:

donut
08-14-09, 10:23 PM
Do not use .exe file >> Is your crash hitting Sub Net ? Also no good w/version 1.5

I'm goin' down
08-15-09, 12:46 AM
I do not think I have hit the net, but I play with the U-Boat add on, so I am playing v 1.5. If that is the case, then I am out of luck with the Palau Gauntlet mission. Thanks for all of your help, though, and it is much appreciated. It looks as if it is a great mission, so tell me all about when you sink the Yamoto, donut! Hit her hard!

cdrsubron7
08-16-09, 10:12 PM
I've just finished posting two new custom missions over at the Ubisoft SHIV Forums and thought you guys would like to know. Both missions are v1.5 with TMO v1.7 and RSRDC in the mix. Follow the link below.

New Missions (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6421019045/m/6651001287)

Good Luck and Good Hunting :salute:

donut
08-16-09, 10:19 PM
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5940/thanks31jr6.gifhttp://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3962/donutpirateze3.gif

cdrsubron7
08-16-09, 10:55 PM
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5940/thanks31jr6.gifhttp://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3962/donutpirateze3.gif

My pleasure, sir. :yeah:

Vortimous
09-03-09, 04:27 PM
I cant seem to get these missions to work. I DL the file, unziped it (or rared it) then I can see it under JSGME. I added the folder from the left to the right, but when I start the game, I cant find any of the missions. Where do I need to look for them. This is the first time I am useing new missions and I have version 1.5. Also, none of the mobs I seem to use with JSGME are working. I know they use to when I was running XP, but now I have vista and nothing seems to be working mod wise as it should....

Any ideas?

Webster
09-03-09, 05:25 PM
none of the mobs I seem to use with JSGME are working. Any ideas?

it sounds like you didnt install jsgme correctly, if your using windows xp and you installed the game in the default directory then the jsgme should be installed in the main "Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific" folder usually found in your program files directory inside a folder named "Ubisoft" but since you have vista you go to wherever you installed the game to.

the problem with vista is that it causes issues with games so all your games should be istalled in another directory and not in the programs directory so its up to you to make sure jsgme installs in the correct place. a simple solution is to install jsgme to your desktop then drag and drop the files where they need to be. its sometimes easier this way than figuring out the correct file path for the installer.

I'm goin' down
09-03-09, 05:33 PM
Try this.
1. Drag a mission file folder that is not working and that is in the single mission folder to the desk top.
2. Open the dragged file folder. If the mission file (mis.) is a file that you see when you click on the dragged folder, the foldler/file are in order, and restore the dragged folder back to the single mission folder. Make sure the dragged folder has the same name as the mission file.
3. If however, you see another folder (I will refer to it as the "subfolder.") which you are required to open before you see the mis. file, that could be the problem. In this case, drag the subfolder and its contents to the single mission folder and delete the empty master folder that is still on your desk top. Make sure the name of the subfolder matches the name of mission.

That might solve the problem, and if it does, you owe my crew 10 gallons of ice cream.

I'm goin' down
09-03-09, 06:31 PM
I hear that in Louisiana it residents mow their lawns every spring so they can find their cars!:har:

cdrsubron7
09-04-09, 02:13 PM
@ I'm goin' down, donut, Lt commander lare

Please check your PMs. :D

I'm goin' down
09-04-09, 02:49 PM
@ I'm goin' down, donut, Lt commander lare

Please check your PMs. :D

Expecting something from cdrsubron's Easter Egg Hunt, I opened my PM. Whoa! Tricked again! APRIL FOOL. (Nada, Nothing, No Message.):wah: My weekend is ruined, I leave for Afganistan in an hour, I will probably get killed, and will never see it. The last great unfinished dream of my life....

Webster
09-04-09, 03:46 PM
I hear that in Louisiana it residents mow their lawns every spring so they can find their cars!:har:

well we do have things get lost out there if you forget to clean up lol. :up:

in summer its so hot that it produces almost regular rain showers every evening just from the heat convection effect so much so that you have to cut the grass twice a week (3 if it rains enough) so that it doesnt bog the blade down and choke the mower :wah: the heat and rain are like steriods for the grass and weeds to grow.

we need to do serious weed control in the spring and summer because its like a darn sci-fi weed monster that swallows up anything you havent move recently.

cdrsubron7
09-04-09, 04:15 PM
Expecting something from cdrsubron's Easter Egg Hunt, I opened my PM. Whoa! Tricked again! APRIL FOOL. (Nada, Nothing, No Message.):wah: My weekend is ruined, I leave for Afganistan in an hour, I will probably get killed, and will never see it. The last great unfinished dream of my life....

Ok, I coulda sworn I sent a PM out, but old age is creeping up on me fast, so maybe I didn't. Anyway, what I wanted to contact you about was a new mission I have just about completed. I was wondering if you wanted to give it a trail spin? If interested I'll post a link here tonight after I get home from work. Sorry about the PM. :hmmm:

donut
09-04-09, 04:20 PM
Ok, I coulda sworn I sent a PM out, but old age is creeping up on me fast, so maybe I didn't. Anyway, what I wanted to contact you about was a new mission I have just about completed. I was wondering if you wanted to give it a trail spin? If interested I'll post a link here tonight after I get home from work. Sorry about the PM. :hmmm: Please:woot:

cdrsubron7
09-04-09, 04:24 PM
Please:woot:

Done! :yeah:

I'll post a link for the mission here later tonight. I call the mission Tawi Recon. :D

I'm goin' down
09-04-09, 06:15 PM
I'll try it if that god damn sniper would take a break and go home for tea, flaffels, sheep's brains, tabouli and a visit his favorite camel or donkey.

cdrsubron7
09-04-09, 09:18 PM
OK, here you go guys. As I said the name of the mission is Tawi Recon. As per my usual with most missions it was created using TMO v1.7 and the latest versions of RSRDC. I didn't bother making the mission JSGME ready as I figure you guys know where the mission goes. All you'll need to do is do a copy and paste to your SingleMissions folder. Please let me know what you think of it and any other comments you might think that are appropriate or printable. :D

Tawi Recon (http://www.filefront.com/14467611/Tawi%20Recon.rar)

I'm goin' down
09-05-09, 03:54 PM

Report: 012544 2045 hrs. Long 120 16' E. Lat. 5 49' N. Crew at battle stations. Repair team fully engaged. 10 injured. 0 killed.

Encountered frequent enemy aerial recon throughout the day. 2 enemy fighters destroyed/damaged. Barbarinna damaged and repaired.

1848 hrs. Enemy task force spotted. Determine to consist of 6 ships: 2 carriers, 3 destroyers, 1 unidentified vessel.
2021 hrs. Ship Sunk. Shokalu fleet carrier. 29000 tons. Long 120 15' E. Lat. 4 51' N.
2022 hrs. Ship Sunk. Hiyu fleet carrier. 28949 tons. Long 120 16' E. Lat 5 50' N.
2023 hrs. Barbarinna attacked by 3 destroyers and takes evasive manuevers to avoid depth charges.

2044 hrs. Depth: 100 feet. Forward compartment flooded, but appears controlled. Repairs underway have stablized the boat. All forward tubes destroyed. Aft tubes intact. Reserve torpedoes: 4 aft loading.

10 nm from recon desitination. Heavily defended. Request permission to abort mission due to heavy flooding and damage to foward torpedoe tubes.

Save us some ice cream.

I'm goin' down
09-05-09, 04:33 PM
Follow up to Tawi Recon.

I was doing fine until I decided to crash dive to 300 feet. I could not pull her out of the dive and at 800 feet the lights went out.

Lots of planes on the way to the recon point, and the task force I attacked was travelling in a circular type course, which I attribute to the fact that it was in a defensive mode.

It looks like a great mission, plus I got two carriers in a single attack run, which is a first for me. My hit on the Hiryu was luck. It changed course and was pulling away. I fired four aft torpedoes -- one 46 kt and three 31 kt. I eyeballed the AoB. The 46 kt. hit her amid ships and sunk her in 15 minutes. The others missed when she changed course.

Good job captain!:salute:

cdrsubron7
09-05-09, 05:00 PM
Follow up to Tawi Recon.

I was doing fine until I decided to crash dive to 300 feet. I could not pull her out of the dive and at 800 feet the lights went out.

Lots of planes on the way to the recon point, and the task force I attacked was travelling in a circular type course, which I attribute to the fact that it was in a defensive mode.

It looks like a great mission, plus I got two carriers in a single attack run, which is a first for me. My hit on the Hiryu was luck. It changed course and was pulling away. I fired four aft torpedoes -- one 46 kt and three 31 kt. I eyeballed the AoB. The 46 kt. hit her amid ships and sunk her in 15 minutes. The others missed when she changed course.

Good job captain!:salute:

Thanks for the feedback, I'm goin down. Appreciate it. :D

I'm goin' down
09-09-09, 02:12 AM
Thanks for the feedback, I'm goin down. Appreciate it. :D

I must have been too full of myself after sinking two carriers on my first run. My second try was a disaster. Heavy, heavy damage and two dead from air attacks during daylight. I licked my wounds and buried the dead. After dark I tried to sneak in for recon. I attacked a task force, missing 10 shots. I continued on, suffering major damage and flooding from task force destroyers who finished me off after 10 minutes of "Come out, come out, wherever you are?" [aka for those who are movie buffs, "Oh Warriors,... Warriors, Come out and Playeee."]

The mission's ending reminded me of a story about Pecos Bill and his horse, Widowmaker. No man could ride Widowmaker, except Pecos Bill. The story goes that a boy once said the rumour about Widowmaker being a killer was nothin' but a Tall Tale. Pecos Bill retorted that once a cowboy climbed aboard Widowmaker and tried to ride him. Widowmaker went crazy and bucked so hard that the the poor fella' went flyin' into space where he bounced up and down off the surface of the moon for a week before Pecos shot him down on a Sunday just so's he could be recevie a proper burial. The boy still did not believe Pecos Bill and put his hand on the horse's reins, preparing to mount the steed. As the boy took the reins, Pecos added, "Son, let me tell it to you in plain English. You try to ride Widowmaker ... he'll kill you." In other words, my ass was handed to me on a silver platter.:wah:

(My crew love it when I tell them stories before lights out!)

(Now if I could only lasso my three toy poddles (my son refers to them as the killer guard dogs.))

Starforce2
10-08-09, 11:12 PM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=1063616&posted=1#post1063616

I recently asked what is changed between 1.4 and 1.5 that causes the missions to not work and what i could do to fix it, and the answer has to do with the yamato. Check it out in the thread above, perhaps this will solve a CTD or 2.

Also, webster, Tambor gave me permission to post his missions on silenthunter.filefront.com and directed me to your package, so if you don't mind, I'd like to put them up sometime soon.

Webster
10-09-09, 08:05 PM
Also, webster, Tambor gave me permission to post his missions on silenthunter.filefront.com and directed me to your package, so if you don't mind, I'd like to put them up sometime soon.

well tambor198 (aka - cdrsubron7) owns all rights to all of these missions except the "planes to rabaul" one that was done by hazelwood.

i just put them all into one jsgme ready folder (even a monkey could do that :D) so i have nothing to say or do with the rights to this stuff.

i just wanted others to be able to use them in an easier way than loading one at a time.

you or anyone else who wants to do anything with these missions is only needing to talk to "cdrsubron7" here at subsim or tambor198 at ubi forums.

cdrsubron7
10-09-09, 09:08 PM
It's OK, Webster. Starforce has asked my permission and received it. :up:

Starforce2
10-10-09, 12:30 AM
Tambor asked me to give you a heads up. Ofcourse, if anyone else has missions, feel free to submit them.
http://silenthunter.filefront.com/
Things seem to be working. Include a pic or 2, and a readme with requirements (what vershion of sh, or mods) is very important, and I'll post as soon as I can.

Webster, if you'd like to submit your mods..feel free to do that as well. The only thing is, untill I actualy get some staff, everyone kinda has to do their own grunt work, like writing a paragraph about their mod and making pix, but since most of these mods have been around a while I am sure finding some pix wont be too much an issue :D

Webster
10-10-09, 02:58 AM
Webster, if you'd like to submit your mods..feel free to do that as well.

Permissions and usage of my mods:

my mods are all free for anyone to use any way they wish but if you release a mod that makes use of my files then i ask you to please give proper credit to me or any other modder who contributed something to my mod. (this info would be noted in the mods read me)

you can feel free to upload my mods anywhere you want to, but please do not repackaged or change them if you plan to upload or host them.

i have no interested in uploading my mods and/or maintaining them at any download sites besides the one here at subsim or my filefront page.

if you want to upload or host my mods somewhere then go ahead and feel free to do so but if you do this then you must take on the responsability to keep them updated as it is needed.

whenever i update any mod i will announce it in that mods read me release thread. every mod i make has its own mods read me release thread for discussions of any mod questions, issues, notes, updates and such.

Starforce2
10-17-09, 08:27 PM
approaches to singapore crashes almost immediately.

What happened: After mission starts and being a strait course wsw, detect a ship, medium speed on radar. Shortly after..it takes a dump. This is a new 1.5 install with no addons except the mission pack and the official tokyo express.

I'm goin' down
10-17-09, 09:33 PM
Starforce2 -- If Peabody reads you post he won't be able to sleep until he unravels the mission and figures out what the problem is. I think he got that way because Where's Waldo puzzles. He just cannot stop until he is done.:D

Webster
10-17-09, 10:37 PM
cdrsubron7 (who made almost all of these missions) is a big fan of the TMO mod so many of his missions were made when he had TMO installed so in many cases he ended up using TMO ships in some of the missions without realising it would be an issue for non TMO users.

from what i can tell the only issues that come up in these ctd issues are all related to using ships that are exclusive to TMO and what happens is that when the game cant find the ship it needs it just crashes so to fix it he finds the ship causing the problem and replaces it with a stock ship of the same type to fix it.

UPDATE: ok i think i found the main problem with it, there is a NAuxCru in RSRDC that he used in this mission and because there is no NAuxCru IJN Auxiliary Cruiser in the stock game (its also not in TMO v1.7), thats why its giving you the ctd.

i tried to get it working by swapping out the NAuxCru IJN Auxiliary Cruiser for the NAMC GEAuxiliary Cruiser but it still causes a ctd but i probably didnt swap everything out correctly.

im sure he will fix it right up for you when he sees your post about it.

Starforce2
10-18-09, 04:39 AM
I'll keep playing missions. I just finished the one right before punching permit (the first 15 day one) and got over 100k..Mainly because I stumbled into a task force and took out an ise (wounded another which later sank) also got one 1 DD. Wounded 1 more, wounded one CV (woulda sunk one but the torps are auto setting way too deep me thinks..probably a stock bug) and my attack technicly caused the sinking of a fubuki when a CV braodsided it. That's added to the 3 liner I got before that.

So I'll keep on playing them till I'm through with'em. Let ya know if I find any more bugs.

edit:

Sibutu Passage crashes almost immediately too.

Webster
10-19-09, 01:16 PM
I'll keep playing missions. Let ya know if I find any more bugs.

edit:

Sibutu Passage crashes almost immediately too.

ok, approaches to singapore and the Sibutu Passage crashes in stock game.

sibuto looks like the same issue, non stock ships in the mission.

please keep the reports coming so we can be sure all missions are fixed to work as desired. :up:

peabody
10-19-09, 02:45 PM
UPDATE: ok i think i found the main problem with it, there is a NAuxCru in RSRDC that he used in this mission and because there is no NAuxCru IJN Auxiliary Cruiser in the stock game (its also not in TMO v1.7), thats why its giving you the ctd.

i tried to get it working by swapping out the NAuxCru IJN Auxiliary Cruiser for the NAMC GEAuxiliary Cruiser but it still causes a ctd but i probably didnt swap everything out correctly.

im sure he will fix it right up for you when he sees your post about it.

If you are trying to get it working in stock, there are several ships that are in the Approaches to Singapore that are not stock.
DDAkatsuki
DDHatsuharu
CVHiyo
DDKagero
DDYugumo
KMSSHogIslandJPN
DDMomi
KMSSRyuun

So it appears it is meant to be used with a MOD enabled.

If you are trying to get it to work with another MOD and swap out the NAuxCru with a GeAuxCruiser the "Classname" does not have NAMC in it, and the "origin" would need to be changed to 'German" . Also it is the "CommandUnit" of that group, so if you change the name, you would also need to change the "CommandUnitName"

You are correct: Sibutu Passage has the same issue of non-stock ships.

Suggestion: if cdrsubron7 let's you know which MOD these work with, you could Open the .tsr file and add that information to the "MissionBriefing=" or "MissionTitle=" section and it would then show when you highlight a mission before you actually try to play it. For example:

MissionBriefing=Sulu Sea|May, 1943||For use with RSRDC||Cdr, you've assigned to patrol the northern entrance of the Sibutu passage in the Sulu Sea for the next fifteen days. Intelligeance has informed us that aside from the usual merchant traffic there has been a significant increase in the amount of Japanese capital ships traniting the passage also. Good Luck

OR

MissionTitle=Sibutu Passage (TMO 1.7)

Or whatever MOD is necessary to make it work. By putting that info in the title or briedfing screen it would not be necessary to add a readme file, which nobody reads.

Peabody

Webster
10-19-09, 03:33 PM
If you are trying to get it working in stock, there are several ships that are in the Approaches to Singapore that are not stock.
DDAkatsuki
DDHatsuharu
CVHiyo
DDKagero
DDYugumo
KMSSHogIslandJPN
DDMomi
KMSSRyuun

So it appears it is meant to be used with a MOD enabled.

so whats involved in swapping out all the ships to make these missions stock ready? do i just replace the ship name and ship class?

peabody
10-19-09, 04:46 PM
so whats involved in swapping out all the ships to make these missions stock ready? do i just replace the ship name and ship class?

The "Classname" taken from the roster file is the main one and make sure the replacement is the same "Type" which is from the roster file "Unittype=". The 'Name" also comes from the roster file from "DisplayName=". This 'Name' can be changed in the Mission Editor, so I am not sure if a duplicate "name" will cause a conflict, I have seen ships with the same name before and it worked ok. So I think if it was me, I would change:

Edit:
Before changing anything, check the "[Group #]" and find the "CommandUnitName=" and make sure you know which ship is the Group leader so if you change the name of the ship, you make the Command Unit name match the new ship name. The CommandUnitName is usually the [Group #. Unit 1] but I do not know if it has to be, buy it always has been for the missions I have looked at.

1. Classname= to match Classname in the Roster.
2. Name= to match the Displayname in the Roster, but if you replace 3 DDs with a _JP DD Fubuki number them _JP DD Fubuki#1, _JP DD Fubuki#2, _JP DD Fubuki#3. Check with "Find" to see if there are already some _JP DD Fubuki#1 in the mission. It may not be necessary but it sure makes things easier. I have played mission with ships having the same names and it didn't seem to cause a problem, but it is makes it easier to keep track of in the mission editor.
3. Make sure the "Type=" and "Origin=" match the Roster.

That should work unless I am forgetting something.

Peabody

Starforce2
10-19-09, 06:46 PM
SM108 Ambon Supplies crashes the editor. It plays for a while but causes a major ship duplication bug that results in some self-sinking enemy ships.

I'll keep going down the list to see what works and what doesn't.

Also, question...

Is there a specific file or two I must look at if I want to debug my own mission or alter a mission for a mod like FOTRS? I'd like to make the stock tokyo express compatable but for some reason when it's used it goes wild on the spawning. If I knew what the important files (in the install) were I could debug some of these myself (their filepath would be helpfull). I want to get into mission making anyways.

Webster
10-19-09, 07:08 PM
That should work unless I am forgetting something.

Peabody

i replaced the non stock ships with different types to avoid numbered isuues but it wont even load now.

cdrsubron7
10-19-09, 07:36 PM
I see that some problems are cropping up with some of my missions, please give me a list so I can work on them and correct the problems if possible.

Webster
10-19-09, 07:45 PM
I see that some problems are cropping up with some of my missions, please give me a list so I can work on them and correct the problems if possible.

these 2 missions dont use stock ships and are getting CTD issues.

they are:

"Approaches To Singapore" and the "Sibutu Passage" mission
(both get a CTD as soon as ships are supposed to appear)

also Starforce2 is reporting (see post #77 above) that the "Ambon Supplies" mission also crashes.

update:

"Ambon Supplies" mission looks to be a non stock ships in the mission issue as well.

Starforce2
10-19-09, 09:10 PM
I cannot open SM110 Crossroads in the editor, but the mission plays fine. There's a ship near the bottom of the text list I don't recognise. Though, I only sunk merchants, I may not have stayed in long enough to encounter the warships.

I'm not going to bother with the next mission either, which is oil in the storm, oddly enough opens in the editor till you try to zoom in..It's got Atleast one bad warship, a Kiabokan, which only tmo and I think FOTRS give you.

cdrsubron7
10-19-09, 09:12 PM
these 2 missions dont use stock ships and are getting CTD issues.

they are:

"Approaches To Singapore" and the "Sibutu Passage" mission
(both get a CTD as soon as ships are supposed to appear)

also Starforce2 is reporting (see post #77 above) that the "Ambon Supplies" mission also crashes.

update:

"Ambon Supplies" mission looks to be a non stock ships in the mission issue as well.

Check you PMs over at the Ubi SH Forums. You will find a link to the reworked "Approaches To Singapore".

I've looked at the Sibutu Passage mission and at least on my computer the missions runs fine.

I've also been contacted by someone else who is having problems another mission of mine called Protect Wake Island. I'm in the process of reworking it now. Got a few thing to straighten out.

I'll look into the Ambon Supplies tonight. :DL

I'm goin' down
10-19-09, 09:36 PM
TAWI RECON
I must have been too full of myself after sinking two carriers on my first run. My second try was a disaster. Heavy, heavy damage and two dead from air attacks during daylight. I licked my wounds and buried the dead. After dark I tried to sneak in for recon. I attacked a task force, missing 10 shots. I continued on, suffering major damage and flooding from task force destroyers who finished me off after 10 minutes of "Come out, come out, wherever you are?" [aka for those who are movie buffs, "Oh Warriors,... Warriors, Come out and Playeee."]

The mission's ending reminded me of a story about Pecos Bill and his horse, Widowmaker. No man could ride Widowmaker, except Pecos Bill. The story goes that a boy once said the rumour about Widowmaker being a killer was nothin' but a Tall Tale. Pecos Bill retorted that once a cowboy climbed aboard Widowmaker and tried to ride him. Widowmaker went crazy and bucked so hard that the the poor fella' went flyin' into space where he bounced up and down off the surface of the moon for a week before Pecos shot him down on a Sunday just so's he could be recevie a proper burial. The boy still did not believe Pecos Bill and put his hand on the horse's reins, preparing to mount the steed. As the boy took the reins, Pecos added, "Son, let me tell it to you in plain English. You try to ride Widowmaker ... he'll kill you." In other words, my ass was handed to me on a silver platter.:wah:

(My crew love it when I tell them stories before lights out!)

(Now if I could only lasso my three toy poddles (my son refers to them as the killer guard dogs.))

Just what I thought!!!:wah: Here I am stuck on the sea floor, pumping sea water. And what are cdsubron7, Wester and Peabody doing? Except for weekends when Webster is mowing his lawn looking for his car, they are working on another mission fix!:stare: At least you could send the Glomar Explorer to try and get me the hell out of here....

Webster
10-19-09, 09:54 PM
Check you PMs over at the Ubi SH Forums. You will find a link to the reworked "Approaches To Singapore".

I've looked at the Sibutu Passage mission and at least on my computer the missions runs fine.

I've also been contacted by someone else who is having problems another mission of mine called Protect Wake Island. I'm in the process of reworking it now. Got a few thing to straighten out.

I'll look into the Ambon Supplies tonight. :DL

i tried it but the link in your PM over at ubi is a bad link (note there were a few non stock RSRDC ships besides the aux cruiser in there as well)

peabody noted:

DDAkatsuki
DDHatsuharu
CVHiyo
DDKagero
DDYugumo
KMSSHogIslandJPN
DDMomi
KMSSRyuun

you did a very good job not using any TMO ships in your misssions but it looks like the problem ships are in fact RSRDC added ships so make sure RSRDC is disabled when you test it.

the Sibutu Passage mission has these non stock RSRDC ships:

DD Yugumo
DD Kagero
CV Hiyo
DD Hatsuharu
DD Akatsuki
CL Tenryu
CL Agano

im not saying that this list is all of them but those are the ones i noticed.

cdrsubron7
10-19-09, 10:48 PM
Try this link (http://www.filefront.com/14756631/SM101-Approaches-To-Singapore.rar/) here.

I think something needs to be said here and I'm sorry if I'm being difficult. So here it is.

All of the missions that I've made in recent times have been done using TMO v1.7 and RSRDC (latest version) as I've stated every time I post a new mission. If you and Starforce wish to rework my missions so they will work with the stock game, I'm going to give you both permission to rework them. I'm sorry to say that I neither have the time nor do I want to make the effort to convert all missions for stock.

I will try to help out with any of my older missions that won't play anymore, but will not redo missions just for the stock game that play perfectly well on my computer.

I apologize if I've upset either of you with my feeling on this and if you don't want to promote my missions anymore I'll understand.

peabody
10-19-09, 10:53 PM
i replaced the non stock ships with different types to avoid numbered isuues but it wont even load now.

Did you change the Type= number to match the ship you putting in?

Peabody

peabody
10-19-09, 11:09 PM
Is there a specific file or two I must look at if I want to debug my own mission or alter a mission for a mod like FOTRS? I'd like to make the stock tokyo express compatable but for some reason when it's used it goes wild on the spawning. If I knew what the important files (in the install) were I could debug some of these myself (their filepath would be helpfull). I want to get into mission making anyways.

There are only two files to a mission. The .mis file and the .tsr file. If you can't open the mission in the mission editor you can open those two files in notepad. But I would suggest you try writing a few missions first so you know what you are reading in the .mis file. Both files are in the SingleMissions or SinglePartols folder inside the folder with the same name as the mission.

Peabody

I'm goin' down
10-19-09, 11:11 PM
Did not upset me. The mission just kicked my ass when I was asleep at the wheel.

Starforce2
10-19-09, 11:13 PM
There are only two files to a mission. The .mis file and the .tsr file. If you can't open the mission in the mission editor you can open those two files in notepad. But I would suggest you try writing a few missions first so you know what you are reading in the .mis file. Both files are in the SingleMissions or SinglePartols folder inside the folder with the same name as the mission.

Peabody

I am aware of this. However, my question was what files in the install do I check, not what files in the mission. If I were to convert one of these to fall of the rising sun, I'd need to compare the information (ship classes whatever you call them) in the mission files to something else to make sure they are listed the same for this mod.

Ok, you guys still are not understanding my question apparently. ignoring the mission editor for a moment..where in the games file structure do I find the file with the correct type numbers such as:
Name=_JP DD Mutsuki#1
Class=DDMutsuki
Type=4
Which I assume is what changes from mod to mod for a given ship, IE with stock how they changed the yamato and iowa battleship type numbers so the old missions now crash. There's got to be a library in the game directory someplace of these..that's what I'm looking for.

cdrsubron7
10-19-09, 11:25 PM
Below is a list of Japanese ships from the stock ME.

http://i36.tinypic.com/noc55f.jpg

Starforce2
10-19-09, 11:29 PM
Try this link (http://www.filefront.com/14756631/SM101-Approaches-To-Singapore.rar/) here.

I think something needs to be said here and I'm sorry if I'm being difficult. So here it is.

All of the missions that I've made in recent times have been done using TMO v1.7 and RSRDC (latest version) as I've stated every time I post a new mission. If you and Starforce wish to rework my missions so they will work with the stock game, I'm going to give you both permission to rework them. I'm sorry to say that I neither have the time nor do I want to make the effort to convert all missions for stock.

I will try to help out with any of my older missions that won't play anymore, but will not redo missions just for the stock game that play perfectly well on my computer.

I apologize if I've upset either of you with my feeling on this and if you don't want to promote my missions anymore I'll understand.

Ok, well in the case there's little point in me going any further with this, Unless webster and Co are in it to the end as far as making them compatable with stock, in which case I'll continue to test missions and fixes that are produced and maybe try toying with a few myself, however, refering back to the first post:
tambor198's sh4 single missions for v1.4 & v1.5
================================================== =========================

These missions are being touted as 1.4 and 1.5 compatable. If they are not, then that peice of misleading text should be removed. I was testing and offering to host these under that assumption, but if half are going to crash then it's been a waste of time. :damn: Don't get me wrong, the ones that worked were great to play, even having to engage a DD on the surface in an S-boat gun dual, but from the standpoint of trying to get more files to host to increase the popularity and recognition of the new hosting site..a waste..since I can't post something that's going to desktop people half the time. While your above post doesn't really anger me I am dissapointed. I can't even play TMO if I wanted too. I can't figure out how to install it. PM's go unswered for days, and what threads I've amde or posted in or looked up seem to direct me to a different answer ever time, sometimes giving me a list of files some of which are not available or conflict one another saying I need the hot fix or service pack and the next I don't. Now there's this beta out too? I can't even get someone to give me a strait answer on how the frack to install it and what files are needed and I tried to register on the beta forum for TMO and my hotmail and gmail aren't allowed *sigh* not that it would do me any good. Sounds like it's as hard to play as GWX was for SH3 even on easy and I never got a succesfull attack on that mod..too hard and killed my interest to play.

Webster
10-19-09, 11:37 PM
Did you change the Type= number to match the ship you putting in?

Peabody

i made sure that the replacement ship i used was of the same class for the sake of the mission and as for the ship type, yes i confirmed i was using a ship of the same Type= number to match the original.

the problem is a misscommunication about some of these missions, the majority work with stock but not all of them will.

the missions work as they are as long as you use RSRDC so that the non stock ships are present in the game or you get the CTD.

i missunderstood thinking that all of these missions are going to work in the stock game, but it looks like i need to replace all the non stock ships in some of them and others may just have to be removed as not compatable with stock.

EDIT: sending you a PM with a link to my file so you can look it over

cdrsubron7
10-19-09, 11:39 PM
Ships in TMO + RSRDC

http://i33.tinypic.com/2gt55aq.jpg http://i36.tinypic.com/23lyuk9.jpg

cdrsubron7
10-19-09, 11:40 PM
Ships in FOTRS

http://i34.tinypic.com/2ebfyvk.jpg http://i35.tinypic.com/1p9oc2.jpg

Webster
10-19-09, 11:58 PM
Ok, well in the case there's little point in me going any further with this, Unless webster and Co are in it to the end as far as making them compatable with stock, in which case I'll continue to test missions and fixes that are produced and maybe try toying with a few myself, however, refering back to the first post:

These missions are being touted as 1.4 and 1.5 compatable. If they are not, then that peice of misleading text should be removed. I was testing and offering to host these under that assumption, but if half are going to crash then it's been a waste of time..

this is all my fault, and yes changes will need to be made so please dont expect cdrsubron7 to fix a problem that i created. i was trying to offer everyone a large group of missions on one easy mod so blame me if something isnt working right.

cdrsubron7 made these missions for his own use and I was the one who wanted to put them all together. he made them for his game using his favorite mods the way he likes to play the game and he went out of his way to make some of these missions work for the stock game when an issue came up with the ones i used for my GFO mod.

the rest of these missions are something that still need to be checked and i would apreciate it if you continue checking them so i can remove those that dont work for the stock game. when this is done i can edit the read me and reupload the amended files to remove those that dont work for the stock game.

Starforce2
10-20-09, 12:23 AM
Ok, I'll keep testing. Also, I guess, just incase it was/will be mis interperated, I'm not accusing anyone of being intentionaly misleading..just to get that outa the way..

at any rate, those that do not work for stock (since there's clearly going to be alot of them) are we going to try and fix them too?

also, to requote a post I made above, which crdsubron7 thought he was answering:
I am aware of this. However, my question was what files in the install do I check, not what files in the mission. If I were to convert one of these to fall of the rising sun, I'd need to compare the information (ship classes whatever you call them) in the mission files to something else to make sure they are listed the same for this mod.

Ok, you guys still are not understanding my question apparently. Ignoring the mission editor for a moment..where in the games file structure do I find the file with the correct type numbers such as:
Name=_JP DD Mutsuki#1
Class=DDMutsuki
Type=4
Which I assume is what changes from mod to mod for a given ship, IE with stock how they changed the yamato and iowa battleship type numbers so the old missions now crash. There's got to be a library in the game directory someplace of these..that's what I'm looking for.

I'm trying to ask what file the exact name class and type numbers are in. I can probably try just doing this in text editor. If I can get the hang of fixing these, I plan on doing some of my own, Mainly for FOTRS and 1.5.

peabody
10-20-09, 01:45 AM
Ok, I'll keep testing. Also, I guess, just incase it was/will be mis interperated, I'm not accusing anyone of being intentionaly misleading..just to get that outa the way..

at any rate, those that do not work for stock (since there's clearly going to be alot of them) are we going to try and fix them too?

also, to requote a post I made above, which crdsubron7 thought he was answering:

I'm trying to ask what file the exact name class and type numbers are in. I can probably try just doing this in text editor. If I can get the hang of fixing these, I plan on doing some of my own, Mainly for FOTRS and 1.5.

Ok, understand the question. The necessary info is in the Roster folder. Country folder then Sea folder and you have the necessary names of the ships. If it isn't there, then it is from a MOD, if you want to change it then you look for a ship of the same class: for example a DD find another DD that is stock and change the Class= to the DDstockname. So if you have a DDMutsuki.cfg then the Class name is Class=DDMutsuki and usually the Name=_JP DD Mutsuki#1. Notice the underline at the beginning. To check Name= you can open the .cfg file in notepad and the Displayname= at the top is the one to use, not the Unit name=. The mission Editor adds the underline at the beginning, I don't know why. You may run into some that are completely different. You can rename them in the Mission Editor, so you could end up with a ship called "Ralph".
Here is an actual example:

[Group 3.Unit 3]
Name=Ralph
Class=DDAkizuki
Type=4
Origin=Japan

The Subutu Passage is done, took about 10 minutes or less to do, I am going to rename it to include info for Stock version but credit to cdrsubron7 or Tambor198 whichever he prefers for writing and just that they have been converted to work with stock.

Here is the Sibutu Passage_Stock mission for whoever wants to keep the ones that are converted. I don't use the word 'fixed' because they were not broken.

http://www.filefront.com/14757901/Sibutu%20Passage_Stock.7z

And here is the Approaches to Singapore

http://www.filefront.com/14758107/Approaches%20To%20Singapore_stock.7z
Peabody

Webster
10-20-09, 09:13 AM
Ok, I'll keep testing.

you open the .mis file in the missions folder using windows "notepad" or something like it.

you will see every mission has the same basic info to construct and run the missions. (the .tsr file is for the mission breifing info)

this is where you can manually make your changes for missions that cant open with the mission editor for whatever reason.

the other files peabody mentioned are where you go to select or confirm what ships are to be used and the needed info to go with them.

these files are found inside the games directory files and they can also be opened and read using windows notepad but DO NOT EDIT the game files or you can cause many problems. the safest way is to make copies of them to use so if you make a mistake and change one it doesnt effect the game.

if you are going to make the missions FOTRS ready then they may already work since it was based on TMO to start with. it looks to me that most of the issues are related to RSRDC ships so check with lurker but i think the TMO version of RSRDC "might" work with FOTRS but only he knows for sure.

Webster
10-20-09, 11:02 AM
UPDATE:

this is the list of missions that are only going to work with the TMO + RSRDC mod installed and will probably work fine with only the RSRDC mod by itself.

Missions for TMO+RSRDC mods:

SM101 Approaches To Singapore (see post #97 for a stock version of this mission)

SM105 Sibutu Passage (see post #97 for a stock version of this mission)

SM108 Ambon Supplies

SM110 Crossroads

SM112 Southbound Convoys

SM122 Battle of Surigao Strait

SM123 Returning Home

SM126 Yellow Sea

SM129 Bohol Sea Encounter

SM133 Davao Gulf Recon

SM134 Northern Luzon Intercept

Webster
10-20-09, 02:54 PM
I cannot open SM110 Crossroads in the editor, but the mission plays fine.

if it wont open in mission editor it means theres a ship there thats not in your game (not in stock) so even if the mission works it will CTD at the point where that non stock ship enters the game so it will CTD at some point on you in the mission. for the editor to open the mission it must "see" all of the ships so this is an easy tip off that a mission isnt compatable with your game the way it is.

SM110 Crossroads is on my TMO+RSRDC missions list and i havent decided weather to split the list into stock missions and TMO+RSRDC missions or to try and convert the TMO missions to be stock versions.

it depends a lot on if peabody is even willing to do anything with them because he is very busy, he understands best how to edit them properly.

if he doesnt have the time i may try it but every time i try i havent done it correctly yet.

peabody
10-20-09, 05:06 PM
it depends a lot on if peabody is even willing to do anything with them because he is very busy, he understands best how to edit them properly.

if he doesnt have the time i may try it but every time i try i havent done it correctly yet.

Your list only shows nine that shouldn't be a big deal, I will try to look at them when I get a minute. Just let me know if you are doing any so we don't duplicate effort, I will PM you later, I have to leave for a while right now.

Peabody

Starforce2
10-20-09, 07:14 PM
There's way more than 9, there's 21.

However, some are random group errors. I'm not sure what the one is because I can't tell what else the random group may have (atleast not in the editor) but one is the Iowa and yamato. Some do not crash the editor untill you zoom and so evidently when I played them I never encountered the rquired vessel.

Atleast 4 or 5 seem to have these akikase DD's as their only error, especially after #124

SM103
SM104
SM108
SM109
SM110
SM111
SM112
SM113
SM115
SM118
SM122
Sm123
SM124 (one ship)
SM125 (Akikasie again)
SM126 doesn't crash but gives random group error
SM127
sm129 appears to be 1.4 (the yamato and iowa issue)
SM130
SM131
sm133
SM134

Webster
10-20-09, 08:01 PM
There's way more than 9, there's 21.

Atleast 4 or 5 seem to have these akikase DD's as their only error, especially after #124

watch those names because many are very simular and can mix you up :damn:

you got me really looking closer and i do see a ship here or there thats out of place for stock. it kinda looks like every mission has at least one, and i guess that thats not that surprising since tambor198 (a.k.a. cdrsubron7) made them for TMO+RSRDC users.

i see an akikaze, momi, or akatsuki here or there but i never noticed having one less ship that failed to appear in the mission, i was mainly concerned with making sure the missions worked and nobody reported any problems untill you did. i could have corrected this a while back if i had known about it.

i can see i need to review and cleanup those errors because that one extra DD being there helps make the mission better and that extra DD could be the one thats gets you :D

its also funny how some non stock ships being in the mission can cause a ctd and yet others just dont show up and let the mission work fine :hmmm: i guess it must depend on weather they are spawned as part of another group of ships or not.

Webster
10-20-09, 08:10 PM
what do you mean by these statements?

please give more details about what you found and whats not working because both of these crash in mission editor

Starforce2
10-20-09, 08:33 PM
it means when I load it, there's a background popup that shows up (behind the editor in my case, check your task bar) and says random group error. (edit-after rechecking, it's that damn akikaze again)

SM129 error is explained here:
It has to do with a type change, from 1.4 (battleship) to superbattleship in 1.5 I've not tried this fix to see if it works in practice.

Also, another question: Are there general merchants..meaning, merchants that can be jap but are not in the jap roster, IE generics used by all sides? Or are they required to be in the roster of the matching country to be used for that country?

peabody
10-20-09, 08:46 PM
what do you mean by these statements?

please give more details about what you found and whats not working because both of these crash in mission editor

Change the Yamato and Iowa to type 20.

Random Group error, one or more ships in the group is wrong but the group may still spawn. For example I have a AI Porpoise MOD for the Japanese Campaign, if I forget to load it before working on the mission it will generate the error but load anyway. I was doing a test, creating a Single Mission from a Random Group Layer and just ignored the error since it didn't affect what I was doing and the game replaced the AI Porpoise with 2 Iowa BBs :o:o. That will make your eyes open when they show up.

One error I found is a Destroyer Escort and Japan does not have any so you not only have to change the ship, you have to change the type from 3 to 4.

I just PMed Webster:

Fixed:
Ambon Supplies
Bohol Sea Encounter
Southbound Convoys
Yellow Sea

One mission:
Battle of Suriago Strait is written for the Playable Fuso BB (my MOD, but I did not write the mission, it should work with the Fuso, Kongo or Maya MODS)

SM110 Appears to be fixed, but also appears to have been written in 1.4 so it will not load into the Mission Editor, but I am playing it and testing, I did change a boat or 2, don't remember exactly.

SM123
SM133
SM134
Also appear to be 1.4. I will finish checking the ships used.

If these lines are missing at the bottom of a Unit then it was most likely written with 1.4 and will not load into Mission Editor 1.5:

SecondsUntilReport=-38.678677
HighPrioContact=false

TacticalUnit=false
AvailStartDate=19380101
AvailEndDate=19451231

So there may be some incompatible ships but you can't tell by just loading into the Mission Editor.

As for the 9, I was only going by the missions that Webster posted as crashing.

Peabody

Starforce2
10-20-09, 08:55 PM
What does that green text mean exactly?

And 134 is (I believe) fixed. It now loads in the mission editor. I changed one boat (a DD) and the large euro liner was mis-typed as 103 and should have been 109 it loads now in editor.
I am wondering if the liner is another type change from 1.4 to 1.5. I'm going to post a thread and see if someone out there has a 1.4 installed and can peek at the liner file for me. If it is it will be another item on the alert list for converting old missions to 1.5 and such.

peabody
10-20-09, 10:17 PM

And 134 is (I believe) fixed. It now loads in the mission editor. I changed one boat (a DD) and the large euro liner was mis-typed as 103 and should have been 109 it loads now in editor.
I am wondering if the liner is another type change from 1.4 to 1.5. I'm going to post a thread and see if someone out there has a 1.4 installed and can peek at the liner file for me. If it is it will be another item on the alert list for converting old missions to 1.5 and such.

I'll post what I have, we seem to be working on the same stuff, so I'll post those ones I have fixed.

The green text means it's moldy.:88)

SecondsUntilReport=-38.678677
You can set a ship to report it's location with a square on the map.

HighPrioContact=false
If you set a ship as a High Priority contact it puts a red star at it's location.
TacticalUnit=false
You can set up unit to be "Tactical" under certain circumstances, so you can call in assistance or send out a scout planes etc.

AvailStartDate=19380101
AvailEndDate=19451231
If this is used and I'm not sure it is, it is probably when the ship is able to start if you don't start it at the beginning of the mission, but possibly spawn it in response to a trigger. For example triggering a DD to spawn when you enter a harbor, this will tell whether it is available or not. But all the ones I have seen are the same dates, so I don't know if it is even used.

Peabody

Webster
10-20-09, 10:26 PM

the green text lines are dates but like peabody said we arent sure how or when or if these are used but i believe when you create the mission this is what you see for the available dates to use the ship.

AvailStartDate=19380101 - year 1938 / month 01 / day 01
AvailEndDate=19451231 - 1945 / december / 31st

the v1.4 ship types are:

;Warships
Type0=Patrol Craft
Type1=Corvette
Type2=Frigate
Type3=Destroyer Escort
Type4=Destroyer
Type5=Minesweeper
Type6=Light Cruiser
Type7=Heavy Cruiser
Type8=Escort Carrier
Type9=Fleet Carrier
Type10=Battlecruiser
Type11=Battleship
Type12=Minelayer
Type13=Auxiliary Cruiser
Type14=Special OPS Boat
Type15=Landing Craft
Type16=Elite Patrol Craft
Type17=Elite Destroyer escort
Type18=Elite Escort Carrier
Type19=Super Fleet carrier
Type20=Super Battleship

;Merchant ships
Type100=Replenishment
Type101=Tanker
Type102=Cargo
Type103=Troop Transport
Type104=Coastal Vessel
Type105=Life Raft
Type106=Survivor
Type107=Rare tanker
Type108=Rare Cargo ship
Type109=Rare Troop Transport
Type110=Environmental

;Submarine
Type200=Submarine
Type201=Replenishment Submarine
Type202=Missile Submarine
Type203=Environmental

Starforce2
10-20-09, 10:27 PM
I figured I'd work backwards from the largest number.

I've fixed 133, atelast in the editor is done and I'm on 131

What unit would best replace a DE? (does stock havea DE?) I used a subchaser, but maybe a mine layer..I thought I've seen DC's on those..

Oh yes and which ship displays as "Junk" ingame?

Webster
10-20-09, 10:44 PM
I changed one boat (a DD) and the large euro liner was mis-typed as 103 and should have been 109 it loads now in editor.

something is fishy there because you change it from being correcty listed as a euroliner (troop transport) to a slightly different rare euroliner (rare troop transport) which is basically the same thing.

changing the ship type obviously worked but it wasnt what was incorrect.

the v1.4 ship types are:

;Merchant ships
Type100=Replenishment
Type101=Tanker
Type102=Cargo
Type103=Troop Transport
Type104=Coastal Vessel
Type105=Life Raft
Type106=Survivor
Type107=Rare tanker
Type108=Rare Cargo ship
Type110=Environmental

Webster
10-20-09, 11:08 PM
ok guys, if you agree with the idea then lets do this:

so we arent duplicating the same work here lets break the list in half

restart from the begining of your list and go back over what you've done already, take your time and dont miss any typos or whatever which is easy to do when you are trying to do things too quickly always causes errors.

peabody will do missions 101 thru 117

Starforce2 wil do missions 118 thru 134

if a mission is not convertable then put it aside and we'll deal with it later

this isnt a race and its more important to get everything right then to be quick. so test run the missions to be sure all the ships show up when and where they should.

i will then reassemble this thing into one mod of confirmed to be working stock v1.5 missions

since they do work fine as they are if used as directed, i will just rename the original version of these missions as TMO+RSRDC mod only missions

Webster
10-20-09, 11:22 PM
I've fixed 133, atelast in the editor is done and I'm on 131

dont just go by the editor, missions will work in the editor AND run in the game while still having a non stock ship in them that needs to be converted so you must open and read through the .mis file manually before calling it done.

JPFish01 & JPFish02 = junk or bamboo sail powered fishing boat
NFD = flying dutchman ghost ship
NF_boat = small trawler
NFishingTrawler = large trawler

DE= sub chaser or DD (i would just look at the mission and use DD in open sea and SC near land) stock has no DE for japan

peabody
10-21-09, 12:03 AM
dont just go by the editor, missions will work in the editor AND run in the game while still having a non stock ship in them that needs to be converted so you must open and read through the .mis file manually before calling it done.

I have not tested all missions ever written but here is what I think to be true:

A mission will not open in the 1.5 Mission Editor if it is a 1.4 mission or if it contains a non-stock ship that is not in a Random Group.

A mission will open in the editor with a non-stock ship IF that ship is in a Random Generated Group BUT it will warn you the ship is missing and tell you what ship it is.

And BTW these are the ones that are done here if you don't want to redo them.

110 is a 1.4 mission but it does play and I had no problems with it.

122 is a mission written for the Fuso BB not a submarine. And the Fuso is a playable MOD of mine, but I did not write the mission.

Here is an error message for the mission Yellow Sea, with a Random Generated Group, it shows which ship is not available. It's the DE again.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1479/errorfh.jpg

Peabody

peabody
10-21-09, 01:33 AM
it means when I load it, there's a background popup that shows up (behind the editor in my case, check your task bar) and says random group error. (edit-after rechecking, it's that damn akikaze again)

SM129 error is explained here:
It has to do with a type change, from 1.4 (battleship) to superbattleship in 1.5 I've not tried this fix to see if it works in practice.

Also, another question: Are there general merchants..meaning, merchants that can be jap but are not in the jap roster, IE generics used by all sides? Or are they required to be in the roster of the matching country to be used for that country?

My error window shows up in front, I wonder why yours shows up in back?

To answer your question: If a ship is Japanese flying a Japanese flag it will be in the Japan folder. If you count the ships, floatplane, survivor, lifeboats etc in the mission editor it is the same as the number in the Japan Roster. Now I think the game may use some ships 3D models for other countries but they will be listed in the other countries Roster and fly a different flag. So they may use the same ship but it has a different flag.

If you run into any, the Land units are different. Some missions have them, I don't know if these do. I sometimes put a refit station in a mission depending where and what the mission is. Land Units such as Airbases, Navalbases, Bunkers, Searchlights, Coastal Batteries etc are assigned the country when they are installed in the mission, they all use the same ones. And since you seem to be interested in missions, when you write your own, check your shore defences, some of them don't have guns in them. They are assigned a gun that does not exist in the game.

@Webster, just for your info, Starforce2 was correct in changing the 'Type' on the Huge European Liner, it is incorrectly set to 103. It is the Conte Verde and is 109.

Also on the AvailStartDate, I don't think it is what you see in the mission editor. In the editor is Entry Date and Exit Date which are different entries in the file. If you look at a file that contains a Balao, it will show AvailStartDate as the same as all the others 1938 but or course the Balao was not available until 1943. So I think those entries were suppose to be put into the boxes until you changed them, but the devs changed and did it differently and now I don't think those entries are even used. The AvailStartDate is always 1938 but the Balao put into a mission automatically puts 1943 in the Entry Date box.

Peabody

Starforce2
10-21-09, 05:47 AM
something is fishy there because you change it from being correcty listed as a euroliner (troop transport) to a slightly different rare euroliner (rare troop transport) which is basically the same thing.

changing the ship type obviously worked but it wasnt what was incorrect.

the v1.4 ship types are:

;Merchant ships
Type100=Replenishment
Type101=Tanker
Type102=Cargo
Type103=Troop Transport
Type104=Coastal Vessel
Type105=Life Raft
Type106=Survivor
Type107=Rare tanker
Type108=Rare Cargo ship
Type110=Environmental

No, it was mentioned that Iowa and Yamato were changed from battleship to super battleship types for 1.5. I had someone look at the
Data\Roster\Japan\Sea\PLConteVerde.cfg for 1.4 and it says the type is 103. However, in 1.5 the type changes to 109 instead. Notice a pattern here? Largest battleship, and super sized liner? Each also have a blue marking on the mission editor infront of their name.

Also, webster's breakdown of the missions is agreable. I will do those mission numbers. And I saw another post about it not being a race and to read the mission file ect...well that is how I am doing it, I am checking class name and unit type against the cfg files found in the Data\Roster\Japan\Sea and changing bad ship types to whatever the closest stock equiv will be and yes I am remembering #2 #3 ect.

Webster
10-21-09, 09:26 AM
it says the type is 103. However, in 1.5 the type changes to 109 instead.

yep, i was tired and was comparing two v1.5 files side by side lol

no wonder something looked fishy :damn:

Starforce2
10-21-09, 10:28 PM
I've finished my missions. How you doing on yours?

BTW, I'm not renaming them. I am going to put a notation in each mission description and a readme explaining what they are for. Since tambor is ok with editing the missions I'll do the same for FOTRS for all of them later.

On and on SM118 I decided to be evil and fill every tanker with fuel instead of cargo (whats the point of attacking tankers if they aint being used as tankers?) at any rate..should blow up nicely :D

peabody
10-21-09, 10:52 PM
I've finished my missions. How you doing on yours?

BTW, I'm not renaming them. I am going to put a notation in each mission description and a readme explaining what they are for. Since tambor is ok with editing the missions I'll do the same for FOTRS for all of them later.

On and on SM118 I decided to be evil and fill every tanker with fuel instead of cargo (whats the point of attacking tankers if they aint being used as tankers?) at any rate..should blow up nicely :D

I still have to do:

I spend most of the day working on the AI torpedo MOD that Darkfish gave to Keltos and he put it on a Somers DD and wanted someone to check it. Then some time on the Japanese Campaign, then time away from the computer, so I didn't finish yet.
I still have to check to see if they run ok, they load into the Mission Editor, but I didn't check the game yet, figured I would check that when they are done.

Peabody

Starforce2
10-23-09, 03:35 PM
I've tested 5 so far, they've been working ok.

Starforce2
11-01-09, 07:24 PM
progress update?

Webster
11-12-09, 08:22 PM
UPDATE

this mod that i released has issues because i made a mistake and didnt fully understand some of these missions needed converting for v1.5.

i created this thread to announce a 34 mission mod using a bunch of missions i thought were all made by tambor198 but as it turned out some werent his and quite a few didnt work with v1.5 because they were v1.4 missions. this mod turned out to be a mess so im sorry if anyone had problems with it. :oops:

please do yourself a favor and just delete anything you have from the 34 mission pack that i had released earlier.

you can find new completely tested versions of these missions here:

tambor198's single missions for TMO+RSRDC mods (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158166)

tambor198's single missions pack for stock v1.5 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158202)