PDA

View Full Version : I can't dock at Freemantle

kstanb
07-21-09, 06:40 AM
After a very successful patrol, I cannot dock at my home port of Freemantle (I already checked it is the only one in light blue). I got the 3 options (dock, refuel/re-arm and wait) but "dock" is greyed out

Does anybody knows if there is a way to repair the save game and force an end to the patrol?

Any clues why this happen? so to avoid the cause in the future
I refueled at Darwin twice before (once to fill internal torps, then load torps into tubes and refit again).... this might be part of the problem

thanks!

Kloef
07-21-09, 06:45 AM
Yep,that's probably whats happening...dont you get the dock message when you arrive in the zone around the harbour?

I had the same problem with docking in Midway a couple of days ago,but i didnt have a save game,i restarted the mission..

kstanb
07-21-09, 06:51 AM
I got the message, but the dock option is greyed out :cry:

I guess that destroys my best patrol ever

ReallyDedPoet
07-21-09, 07:16 AM
After a very successful patrol, I cannot dock at my home port of Freemantle (I already checked it is the only one in light blue).

When you say light blue are you meaning the slanted anchor as for your home port?

kstanb
07-21-09, 07:33 AM
yes, a slanted, light blue anchor

all other ports have a different anchor image, straight and darker blue

ReallyDedPoet
07-21-09, 07:47 AM
Before it was fixed, this used to be a way to find your home port, from an old thread.

Here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=113040)

For the heck of it give it a try to see if checks out with the slanted anchor.
At this point it seems like it is worth a try.

Edit: Also saw this regarding getting a new sub, Here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1109191&postcount=18)

RobertGysae
07-21-09, 08:13 AM
Fremantle guys not "Freemantle";)

Afterall, it is where I live.

SteveUK
07-21-09, 08:39 AM
Also have a check to make sure you havent received any radio messages that inform you of a change of home port, I've had that happen twice and didn't notice.

kstanb
07-21-09, 05:51 PM
thanks a lot!
I will anyway start a new career, since I found issues with MOD compatibility that might have caused the problem

U-84
07-24-09, 10:34 PM
i had the same problem, it's a bug, all i did was load a save from the end of a previous patrol, and switched flotillas (or squadrons in US navy terms i guess) and i haven't had the problem since. U don't need to start a new career.