PDA

View Full Version : Skipjack SSN

Mikeb213
07-12-09, 06:58 PM
Guys I have been having so much fun with this Mod. I some times don't even attack a convoy I just run at them at flank, and get a kick out of watching the destroyers try to line up with me to try and do a run as I run under them and right into the middle of the convoy. They get so flustered they start running into each other and the merchants in the convoy. :rock: If we had just one nuke ship in wwII the difference would have been huge!

Torplexed
07-12-09, 08:22 PM
Sounds similar to the rush of power one experiences with a Type XXI in 1939.;)

I've always thought if he had had the torpedoes and skippers in 1941 that we had by 1945 we could have brought Japan to an economic collapse by mid-1943. Not sure if there was much Japan could have done in response given their slender industrial base and obsession with the 'decisive battle' at the expense of commerce defense.

Mikeb213
07-13-09, 12:06 PM
So to add to this even more fun, so I go to flank, I set my rudder at about 15 degrees to port, and just keep running, the destroyers now line up and try to keep up with me, the lead one will start dropping ashcans, which explode under the guy behind him, if I remember correctly he should be eligible for the US navy cross.