PDA

View Full Version : Medals

Radox
07-12-09, 09:31 AM
Ok my last question i think. I've been playing SH for years but never known some things about the game and decided to quick barrage some questions threads because its like an itch i can't scratch...

Anywho - at the end of the patrol we get some medals to divide up.

Historically speaking the medals are not exactly what I would expect. Like only getting a couple of u-boat warbadges when every crew memeber would presumably be eligible.

And the second half of the u-boat warbadge coming before anyone has been awarded the pre-requisite to it.

What sort of opinion do you guys have about how the medal feature is working?

Also, how do you know who to award medals to? Do you have to keep track of what people are up to or is there a metric in the game (like experience 1217/2500 versus someone with 1108/2500) as an indicator of how well they did?

And finally - are there any medal giving mods that might help with any of the above?

Thanks in advance.
R.

Brenjen
07-12-09, 09:52 AM
Well here's what I know which may or may not answer any of your questions to your satisfaction; the in game structure for the medals is hard for the modders to get perfect so the few fixes that are out there are "the best we can do" type mods which make them a lot more realistic.

Unfortunately the game developers ran into copyright problems iirc that made them turn to the unrealistic model the game uses. And also iirc the only medal mods that have been done are for the U.S. medals.

As far as handing them out....well to each his own as far as I can tell. I start with my officers & work my way down unless I have a wounded crew member that I can remember when I get back to port & then I'll give them the medals available. I don't think it affects the game at all regardless of who you give the medals to.

This is just what I remember, might be right, might be wrong....might be somewhere in between lol