PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for SH4 noob

xela540
07-11-09, 06:09 PM
hey, I'm not sure if its just me not being observant enough or if it just isn't in the game but is there any way that I can swap/change which Submarine I am using. I don't really like the one I have at the moment (S-18 Class I think) but i can't seem to find out how to get a better one. do i have to wait until the sub I'm using becomes obsolete.

Thanks for any help.

Armistead
07-11-09, 06:18 PM
If your playing a career be sure to complete your patrol. Basically, if you have good patrols, you'll soon get offered a newer sub. It takes about 3 patrols and you'll get offered another boat.

Monica Lewinsky
07-11-09, 06:58 PM
but i can't seem to find out how to get a better one.
Thanks for any help.
Scrap your mission. START over from Pearl Harbor to get some nice stuff - non-S-Boat stuff.

Later, come back to the S-Boats after you get the newness out of your system. They [the S-Boats] are a LOT OF FUN AFTER after you get some experience behind you with Fleet boats based at Pearl Harbor. You can do some real cool stuff with an S-Boat once you know the "seas".

S-Boat HINT:
Watch the messages, lots of times the base you started from is over run by the enemy and you have to pre-plan going as far south as Australia to find a friendly port to re-stock/re-fuel.

It takes about 3 patrols and you'll get offered another boat.

He's right. You don't get an upgrade until a few successful missions in-a-row, i.e. consecutive patrols.

Enjoy your day!

captgeo
07-12-09, 08:09 AM
Welcome aboard.:salute: